#1 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

After 8 years Legendary and WB have went their seperate ways, which does not bode well for future DC movies in the immidiate future

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/06/25/warner-bros-legendary-split-up

Personally even after watching Man of Steel i never expected DC/WB to pull off the Justice League movie, but i didn't want them to just crash and burn like this.

#2 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that a major bummer. I wouldnt say the chance has crash and burned, but it is definitely gonna put a large hurdle in front of them.

#3 Posted by warlock360 (28063 posts) - - Show Bio

Opens ways for new partners.

#4 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesnt say anything about this casting doubt on the cinematic future. Quite the opposite, it looks to be saying DC can finance their super hero movies on their own, thereby having full creative control and increasing their profits. Sounds like good news.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13417 posts) - - Show Bio

why did you make two of these?

#6 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

why did you make two of these?

cause i realized after i posted it in DC's forum that more people would probably see it if it was in the general discussion forum, and like an idiot i made this thread and completely forgot that i could easily move the other one here...sooooo yeah not my finest moment but whatever.

#7 Posted by RDClip (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no!!! It's not like DC is owned by Time Warner, one of the biggest media companies in the world and last year posted over 68 billion dollars in assets. Where will they get the money to make movies?

People, the future of the DC movies is fine. WB has more than enough to shoulder the cost of the movies, they just want more control and more of the profits.

#8 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5536 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. Bring Nolan to Disney.

#9 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

DC should have Disney/Marvel Studios reboot their films. DC should Crisis away the New 52 now that they have violently torn Superman back from his creators corpses and restore the DC the Public cares about. DC should shoot anyone in the face who attempts to re-imagine classic DC concepts. They Should but they won't.