DC reboot in 2015??

• 60 results
EliteChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you guys think it's a good idea if DC reboots again in 2015, I personally think it would be good idea sort of, since the new 52 is medicore or bad, I dont know, I've read batman only and I can say it started good but then went kinda downhill, didnt read Yaer Zero arc yet. New 52 apparently had some holes in too it and missing characters etc... So yeah do you think it's a good idea to restart and correct their mistakes, or they should continue and try to correct what they had done wrong, Like I said I think it's good to restart, but if they do they can't mess it up that's my fear.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

No, they can fix any mistakes without rebooting.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Juke

Hell nah!

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Transformers1024

I have a feeling they're rebooting.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Absolutely not. The New-52 really isn't as bad as a lot of people think it is.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No, they have no reason to reboot. Also a lot of people like the New 52, and a lot of people who don't tend to be a bit unreasonable. Also it's not going downhill, in fact things have been going pretty good for DC, and with all these new shows it will only get better.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ariesxmasters

No the New 52 is pretty good in general, there are a few inconsistencies and somethings that don't make any sense usually due to lazy explaining but overall I'd give it about a solid B.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No. The New 52 has some problems, but it doesn't need a reboot.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

No. The New 52 has some problems, but it doesn't need a reboot.

EliteChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I've saw that maybe there will be a reboot and im not bashing new 52, I prefer DC I started my GN collection and I went staight to Batman and other DC stuff but I heard or read that the new 52 has some problems and if you read volume 2 of batman new 52 I dont know the outcome is kinda weird. And the fact they might reboot is because they are going to the west coast, Personally I dont know I havent read new 52 yet except for Batman, really IDC as far as it's good I'm fine, I just started reading GN well kinda so the reason im not reading it is because theyr are other amazing stories I want to read.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if they reboot Bronze Tiger and irl retcon Scott Lobdell from existence... >.>

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Quality of indiviual series will always be a problem regardless what continuity you have. The two are separate issues - and subjective anyway.

The New 52 as a whole has very minor issues. People get their panties in a bunch over the 5 year gap or ages or whatever, but all of those are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't matter what age the characters are or aren't because they are never going to have any type of meaningful aging process anyway. At most you'll get a teenager becoming an adult, but for the main guys like Batman or Superman, they're never not gonna be so old to the point where we can't see them do their things. (and I personally don't give two sh!ts about any of the Robins so whatever)

And lets not pretend like the Post-Crisis era didn't have continuity issues. EVERYONE has continuity issues. (except Valiant BIOTCH). They will always exist because its simply impossible to be perfect when you put out much material.

Just ignore them, because it doesn't really matter anyway. Its not like comics constantly name drop events that happening 25 years ago. And when they do, they usually drop an editors note in there to explain it.

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

no you just don't reboot every few years

EliteChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: If you have read some new 52 do you have any recommendations besides batman? Looking to read some good stories.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I can see them doing something like a soft reboot when Futures End comes to a close, or at least something to fix some of the issues still plaguing the DCnU. But I don't see them doing a full reboot, not with their last reboot having only been three years ago.

EliteChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Well something will happen around april 2015, hope wha they have in mind is good.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2015 is too soon. They need to wait at least like 20-30 years before doing a reboot.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the new 52. So I don't see any reason to reboot.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: If you have read some new 52 do you have any recommendations besides batman? Looking to read some good stories.

So you haven't been reading the New 52 and you made this article?

In any case I would recommend Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman Unchained, and Justice League United.

@deadgod said:

2015 is too soon. They need to wait at least like 20-30 years before doing a reboot.

Something like that, maybe a little sooner, but that seems like a good estimate considering the last time they rebooted was in the 80's.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, the New 52 is actually improving and is probably at its best now, with a solid lineup of creative teams.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@eyedcyou said:

Absolutely not. The New-52 really isn't as bad as a lot of people think it is.

Yeah - I've read titles here and there, and I own Night of Owls and I friggin love it - Court of Owls is also excellently written too.

- TAS

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

No, slowly but surely the new 52 is getting better. Besides what makes you think that another reboot will fix things, if anything it'll exacerbate the problems.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@elitechief: Animal Man and Swamp Thing. Flash 1-24. Batwoman 1-24.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh god, please no

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I would have liked it more if the original DCU was completely rebooted, and liked it even better if they'd just kept the old DCU, but when it comes down to it, the stories are the most important part, and as long as I like the stories, I'll read them. I don't think they're gonna 'reboot' again. Unless they DO totally restart it because Morrison isn't in the middle of a massive, popular run, same with Johns's GL run. It wouldn't make any sense to do any rebooting now because of the New 52's just stabilized and the new TV shows and movies and what-not, the New 52 will be around for awhile.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

There is no need for a reboot, The New 52 is only a few years old. They have to give it 10 - 15 years IMO. Why do alot of people hate the New 52?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the New 52, it got me into comics, or atleast pushed me into reading comics more often.. So no.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

They're eventually going to do it anyway. (They have at least twice before) Just not so soon.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By SaintWildcard

No, they can fix any mistakes without rebooting.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I like the New 52, it got me into comics, or atleast pushed me into reading comics more often.. So no.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The New 52 is not bad at all.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Superguy1591

There is no need for a reboot, The New 52 is only a few years old. They have to give it 10 - 15 years IMO. Why do alot of people hate the New 52?

For the same reason why people hate Superman without ever reading the character: it is "cool" to do so.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New, new 52.

EliteChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Yes I made it, because I was like oh another reboot, but since i've seen people saying its actually quite good and etc.. idc what happens but its suspected that DC has something for us in 2015, im not making things up.

EliteChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EliteChief

Dont get me wrong I have nothing against new 52 I have just seen people not liking it. Personally I am kind of new meaning im reading trades that are the most recommended or highest rated. I just wanted to see from you guys how you see this situation.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I don't think DC knows how to do anything but reboot. I'm sure will get a "New Crisis" even within the next 3-4 years.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elitechief: They probably do. Marvel may be the ones rebooting in about 8 months (probably not though).

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jonez_

No way!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elitechief: They probably do. Marvel may be the ones rebooting in about 8 months (probably not though).

I'd be for that more than DC doing another reboot.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing: I would be up for that if Marvel would take that chance to to some cool stuff with the Fantastic Four. However since they don't own the movie rights, that seems unlikely. Still a Marvel reboot would be interesting. Sure they would get a lot of backlash like DC did, but overall it would work for the better.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes please,new-52 sucks.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10 years or 1 year,what difference does it make? the new-52 continuity is a clusterf*ck,a Zero Hour style clean up is gonna happen no matter what,it's the only thing DC is capable of,in a span of 25 years they've had 2 hard reboots and 2 soft reboots,company wide ofcourse. We'll get a soft reboot in 3 years,mark my words.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@superguy1591: Supose it could be that, don't understand the ahte on anything you haven't tried.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

No, reboots aren't needed, but they can do controlled tweaks to get rid of things that don't work and bring back or reinvent a version that did... just don't anything as moronic as Prime Punching Reality or Pandora tripping Barry.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm not a fan of most of the New 52. I just don't agree with a lot of the choices they've made and IMO they've messed up some good characters. They seriously need to fix some issues, but I'm not sure they need a full reboot.

They just need to retcon some stuff and fix some characters.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@guru_crack said:

10 years or 1 year,what difference does it make? the new-52 continuity is a clusterf*ck,a Zero Hour style clean up is gonna happen no matter what,it's the only thing DC is capable of,in a span of 25 years they've had 2 hard reboots and 2 soft reboots,company wide ofcourse. We'll get a soft reboot in 3 years,mark my words.

Yes please,new-52 sucks.