#1 Posted by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

What are some of the dumbest things written into continuity that happened in pre-flashpoint? I would like to know since so many dislike the changes in the new 52. My sister has told me a lot of stupid stuff that I can't even remember it all.. Like Nightwing and Catwoman hook up. I've only read pre-new 52 Batman comics, so I can't really add more examples.

#2 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

Green arrows apparent death and revival

#3 Posted by Exia009 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Green arrows apparent death and revival

Agreed. That was probably the most pointless thing to come out of comics in the 90s, though the return made for some good stories. However, Connor Hawke was a poor character all around.

Bart Allen becoming Flash.

Nightwing being raped.

#4 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

cry for justice (filled to the brim with stupid), the rise of arsenal (circumstances not the actual book). but the best moment (not to be too sad) batman talking to dick, dick disappears and bats says with a smile 'he pulled a me'. that was pure awesomeness.

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (9231 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason and Talia hooking up.

#6 Posted by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: My sister told me about cry for justice seemed really dumb.

@exia009: Nightwing was raped!? How the f**k did that happen!?

#7 Edited by KnightRise (4753 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: He let/helped Tarantula kill Blockbuster, then broke down into catatonia for borderline having blood on his hands. Tarantula took advantage and mounted him. Writer Devin Greyson claims that she never called it "rape" but specified that it was nonconsensual and had he been able to, he would've objected. You know, like rape.

My least favorite events/storylines:

-Cry for Justice.

-Rise of Arsenal

-The death of Lilian Harper

-Stephanie Brown's apparent death

-Cassie Cain-Wayne usurping the League of Assassins

-Grounded. It was a good premise but it should've been shorter, 4-5 limited series issues. It was boring as hell, too.

My just plain least favorite moments:

-Roy beating a homeless man with a cat. No words neccessary.

-Kevin Smith making Batman pee himself.

-The existence of flared collars and outer briefs

The good still outweighs the bad. The New 52 should've just retconned what was panned by fans, total rubbish, and bad costumes (and reintroduce characters to bring in new readers, I guess).

#8 Edited by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: wow

just wow.. I get that there was a lot of good thing pre-new 52, but wow. There is some really dumb things that the editors let writers do...

I'm going to make a 'New 52 complaints?' also.

#9 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: He let/helped Tarantula kill Blockbuster, then broke down into catatonia for borderline having blood on his hands. Tarantula took advantage and mounted him. Writer Devin Greyson claims that she never called it "rape" but specified that it was nonconsensual and had he been able to, he would've objected. You know, like rape.

-Cry for Justice.

-Rise of Arsenal

The good still outweighs the bad. The New 52 should've just retconned what was panned by fans, total rubbish, and bad costumes (and reintroduce characters to bring in new readers, I guess).

yeah, pretty much all of this

#10 Posted by SmashBrawler (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Terry Long is created.
  • Doomsday beats the hell out of Darkseid.
  • Supergirl is cancelled.
  • Young Justice ends.
  • Superman beats the hell out of Darkseid.
  • Sue Dibny is killed.
  • Deathstroke puts Green Lantern, The Flash, Zatanna, Hawkman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, the Atom and Elongated Man to shame pretty much at almost the same time.
  • Ted Kord is killed.
  • Superboy-Prime punches reality and retcons everything.
  • All things Cass Cain Post-IC.
  • Bart Allen is Flash for less than a year and then gets killed.
  • Trials of Shazam.
  • Countdown is published.
  • Hank Hall is resurrected.
  • New Krypton blows up and Chris Kent is magically de-aged and sent back to the Phantom Zone.
  • The real Trinity of Sin (Cry for Justice, Rise and Fall, Eric Wallace's Titans) is created.

Still better than The New 52, though.

#11 Posted by KnightRise (4753 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:
I'm going to make a 'New 52 complaints?' also.

Don't do that. Its been done half a dozen times already, plus they always turn into flame wars. This thread is actually unique lol

#12 Edited by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: lol should have thought of that, I'll just flag it or something.

nvrmind I can't, could you flag it?

#13 Edited by KnightRise (4753 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Wait, what? This thread is fine to my knowledge. Another hypothetical New 52 complaint thread might be flagworthy

#14 Posted by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: Yeah I made one needs to be flagged before fights start brewing lol

#15 Posted by KnightRise (4753 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: You could just let it ride lol I didn't mean to scare you

#16 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler said:

• Terry Long is created.
  • Doomsday beats the hell out of Darkseid.
  • Supergirl is cancelled.
  • Young Justice ends.
  • Superman beats the hell out of Darkseid.
  • Sue Dibny is killed.
  • Deathstroke puts Green Lantern, The Flash, Zatanna, Hawkman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, the Atom and Elongated Man to shame pretty much at almost the same time.
  • Ted Kord is killed.
  • Superboy-Prime punches reality and retcons everything.
  • All things Cass Cain Post-IC.
  • Bart Allen is Flash for less than a year and then gets killed.
  • Trials of Shazam.
  • Countdown is published.
  • Hank Hall is resurrected.
  • New Krypton blows up and Chris Kent is magically de-aged and sent back to the Phantom Zone.
  • The real Trinity of Sin (Cry for Justice, Rise and Fall, Eric Wallace's Titans) is created.

Still better than The New 52, though.

BUT DEATHSTROKE HAD PREP! :P

But actually, I couldn't agree more with this list.

-Cry for Justice.

-Rise of Arsenal

-Grounded. It was a good premise but it should've been shorter, 4-5 limited series issues. It was boring as hell, too.

Add this to the list of correctness also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would still take the Pre-52 DC over the New 52 DC any second of any day of any year.

DC handled the New 52 so incredibly wrong, they still haven't given us a solid time line yet.

#17 Posted by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy prime punch