DC New 52 Volume 2 tradebacks

Cjjb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cjjb95

I was just wondering with the new 52 tradebacks will they contain issue 0 as well or will I have to buy the omnibus for that?

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By thespideyguy

@Cjjb95: Maybe, Volume 3?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I think they should include them. The Justice League Dark #0 is important to the following issues, the Catwoman #0 looks like it'll be setting things up for future stories, so may be included in a later volume, and Batwoman #0 only has loose ties to the story arc it interrupted, but is a great origin recap, and one of the best comics I've read, so would be good to include.

The Zero Omnibus would probably be out of a lot of peoples' price ranges, and maybe wouldn't appeal to most people who only follow a few titles.

If they'd made smaller #0 collections available, that might've been better than one big one. Like, have one for all the Bat-Family issues, one for the Superman Family issues, one for The Dark, one for the Green Lanterns, etc.

ZEELLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ZEELLO

Hey can someone explain issue 0's to me? Why do issue 0's get made and for that matter why are they numbered 0 if they came out later?

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stormbox

@ZEELLO said:

Hey can someone explain issue 0's to me? Why do issue 0's get made and for that matter why are they numbered 0 if they came out later?

Theyre origin stories for the most part except for some like justice league 0 which was the continuation of the shazam back-up (since the origin of the justice league was told in the first 6 issues)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: I didn't realise your question was about Volume 2s. I don't think they'll be included there, from the ones I've looked up.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Stormbox said:

@ZEELLO said:

Theyre origin stories for the most part except for some like justice league 0 which was the continuation of the shazam back-up (since the origin of the justice league was told in the first 6 issues)

That's right for the New 52 #0s, but you seem to get some series starting with a #0 in other situations.

Weirdly enough, the Batwoman series has two #0s, 'Beyond A Shadow' and 'Interlude'. Batwoman was planned to start before the New 52, but was postponed to be released with everything else, with the first #0, Beyond A Shadow, being released several months before #1.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stormbox

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Stormbox said:

@ZEELLO said:

That's right for the New 52 #0s, but you seem to get some series starting with a #0 in other situations.

Weirdly enough, the Batwoman series has two #0s, 'Beyond A Shadow' and 'Interlude'. Batwoman was planned to start before the New 52, but was postponed to be released with everything else, with the first #0, Beyond A Shadow, being released several months before #1.

Oh yeah, like team 7 or sword of sorcery, right

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Stormbox: I actually meant outside of the New 52. I'm sure I've seen non-New 52 #0s, but the only one I can think of is Brightest Day, it started with a #0.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose
No Caption Provided

Turns out Avengers vs X-Men had a #0. ^

Cjjb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Cjjb95

I just think that because all of the tradeback I own have issues one to seven, so that says to me that it's seven issues a trade so wouldnt 8-13 and #0 make the most sense rather than 8-14 or even 7-13 i just feel that dc might be cheating a lot of people

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Cjjb95: I know some of the New 52 trades have only six issues though, so it must depend on the story arc.