• 72 results
Posted by theuncannySHAZAM (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so as we all know next month kicks off the New 52's #0 month and Third Wave of comics. Also, we recently got word of the next title to be added to the New 52 is Justice League of America. With that said, there leaves a lot of speculation as to which current titles would be cancelled next. So, which comics do you think are going to get the axe and what are some titles that you would want to see in the New 52? Some of the titles that I think would go are Blue Beetle, The Fury of Firestorm & Savage Hawkman just to name a few. Titles that I would like to see incorporated in the New 52 are a Cyborg solo series, a Shazam title, Doom Patrol and as unlikely as it would be a new Static Shock title that didn't suffer as the first one did. Anyway, what are your thoughts and suggestions?

#1 Posted by Rixec (378 posts) - - Show Bio

BLUE BEETLE WILL NEVER DIE!!! >(

There might be a Global Guardians or Booster Gold book (or both) due to the events of the JLI Annual.

#2 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure what will be cancelled, but what I want to see added...

• Doom Patrol
  • The Outsiders
  • Shazam
  • Azrael
#3 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like if Power Girl and Helena Wayne finally get back to Earth 2 and World's Finest becomes a Red Robin and Superboy bromance duo title.

#4 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

Outsiders (it would make sense as Black Lightning is appearing and Katana will be in the JLA. They will have a connection to the DCnU.)

Steel (I've always wanted him to get a solo series.)

Secret Six (Just a dream XD)

Freedom Fighters (Phantom Lady and Doll-man have appeared, so It is possible.)

#5 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Aztek deserves another go or at least put in the new 52 Justice League of America lineup.

#6 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rixec said:

BLUE BEETLE WILL NEVER DIE!!! >(

There might be a Global Guardians or Booster Gold book (or both) due to the events of the JLI Annual.

I love the Blue Beetle comic it won't die.

#7 Posted by BatWatch (3087 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

I'd like if Power Girl and Helena Wayne finally get back to Earth 2 and World's Finest becomes a Red Robin and Superboy bromance duo title.

I'm down with anything that gets Red Robin out from under Lodbell's writing. I can't believe I'm about to drop the only book containing my favorite vigilante, but (sigh) I am.

#8 Posted by BatWatch (3087 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

Outsiders (it would make sense as Black Lightning is appearing and Katana will be in the JLA. They will have a connection to the DCnU.)

You know Steel had a successful series in the nineties, right?

#9 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights: I know, I forgot to type the word "another" lol. That's what speed typing gets me.

#10 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't there some female character that was introduced during Flashpoint that was supposed to make an appearance or two (I dont mean Pandora)

#11 Posted by LeaderVladimir (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@theuncannySHAZAM: Why is Savage Hawkman getting canceled?

#12 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

@KnightRise said:

I'm down with anything that gets Red Robin out from under Lodbell's writing. I can't believe I'm about to drop the only book containing my favorite vigilante, but (sigh) I am.

I agree, Lobdell has not impressed me. Red Hood and the Outlaws would be solid with more direction, and Teen Titans is plagued by poor dialogue and writing that seems like he's dumbing it down for the audience. Explaining what sensation one is feeling out loud, villianous monoluges to explain their powers, and too much banter, even for a team book. I don't read Superboy, but Superman Annual 1 suffered from dated or mediocre writng. Thought bubbles? Seriously?

#13 Posted by BatWatch (3087 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: Ah, I see.

@LeaderVladimir said:

@theuncannySHAZAM: Why is Savage Hawkman getting canceled?

If I had to make a guess, I would say because the name sounded awkward. Never got that. Savage Hawkman. Something just doesn't sit well with me about it.

@KnightRise said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@KnightRise said:

I agree, Lobdell has not impressed me. Red Hood and the Outlaws would be solid with more direction, and Teen Titans is plagued by poor dialogue and writing that seems like he's dumbing it down for the audience. Explaining what sensation one is feeling out loud, villianous monoluges to explain their powers, and too much banter, even for a team book. I don't read Superboy, but Superman Annual 1 suffered from dated or mediocre writng. Thought bubbles? Seriously?

I have not given any thought to thought bubbles. I guess those have been mostly replaced by inner dialogue boxes, but I don't think bubbles would bug me.

I am with you on everything else though. I read my first issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws the other day, and I thought it was pretty good, but I've been reading Teen Titans since the beginning, and for the most part, it has been crap. Though I agree with all your points, you did not mention the things that annoy me the most. i cannot believe the lack of character development! This is a team based book, and other than Red Robin, we know nothing about any of the characters outside of their powers. I think, I just picked it up today, we might finally find out about Wonder Girl's background in issue 12, but other than that, zip, zada, nothing!

Lodbell has not even created a plausible reason for the team to be a team. Hey, we are in danger. Oh sure, well after three seconds of hesitation, we will all join this team revealing all our secret identities because obviously everyone here is trustworthy. Even if you buy into them being together against NOWHERE, that plot line is over, and though characters in the series have acknowledged they have no reason to be together, they are still together.

Also, the plot lines are just shotty. I did not even understand half the crap that happened during the Culling, and then after the Culling, they were in prehistoric times?!!!!? Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did they leave, Convenitent Plot Device Man took them home and then changed from a street to an ally? And let's just dwell on that for a second. You have a character that is a freakin' STREET, AND YOU DON'T THINK THAT DESERVES ANY EXPLANATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm freaking out now, so I'm going to leave before I embarrass myself further.

And all the other Titans are like, "Oh, Tim is friendly with this street. Well, if this guy we just met says that this sentient street will take us to the layer of the bad guys who want to kill/control/experiment/we never really discovered what they want to do to us did we?, then I guess it is perfectly safe.

I'm leaving now. For real.

#14 Posted by The_Tree (7991 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

Wasn't there some female character that was introduced during Flashpoint that was supposed to make an appearance or two (I dont mean Pandora)

Are you thinking of Element Woman?

#15 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree: I think she was in the three part story World of Flashpoint 
#16 Posted by The_Tree (7991 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: Only women I can think of in that tie-in series were Traci 13 and Madame Xanadu. But they weren't introduced during Flashpoint. So I'm unsure.

#17 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7568 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see a shazam title!

#18 Posted by noj (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

I would hate to see Blue Beetle go. It started off a bit slow but has become a pretty fun book. But Savage Hawkman, Firestorm and both Legion books NEED to go. I also wouldnt mind terribly if GI Combat, Dial H, Batwing and The Dark Knight were canned to allow more room for growth. I would LOVE to see a new Booster Gold ongoing more than any other title I can think of. Other than that I want to see Shazam, Cyborg, and a Robin series

#19 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe one of the Batman titles... seriously.

I also don't like the new Green Arrow and Catwoman series.

#20 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

I would hate to see Blue Beetle go. It started off a bit slow but has become a pretty fun book. But Savage Hawkman, Firestorm and both Legion books NEED to go. I also wouldnt mind terribly if GI Combat, Dial H, Batwing and The Dark Knight were canned to allow more room for growth. I would LOVE to see a new Booster Gold ongoing more than any other title I can think of. Other than that I want to see Shazam, Cyborg, and a Robin series

I'm reading Savage Hawkman, and sure it's not the best but I'm enjoying it, I wouldn't even shed a tear if it was canned. On the other-hand if Dial H is done away with I will go berserk, lol.

I would love to see a Doom Patrol or Outsiders comic.

#21 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

Canceled: Everything

New: resurrect the Pre Flashpoint books

#22 Posted by JayMar89 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

shazam

steel - i really liked the backups in action that guy should write the solo

new gods

i dont wanna see hawkman go hopefully they get a good writer now that liefelds gone add another team book like make wild cats with dc and wildstorm heros

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

All of these ideas are legit. Obviously Outsiders has to have a certain Bat-Person in it, but apart from that I echo this.

#24 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Strafe Prower said:

All of these ideas are legit. Obviously Outsiders has to have a certain Bat-Person in it, but apart from that I echo this.

I would be down with Batman leading it again. It was aluded to in the last issue of Outsiders vol. 4 that he would have to lead it.

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

@ReVamp said:

@Strafe Prower said:

I would be down with Batman leading it again. It was aluded to in the last issue of Outsiders vol. 4 that he would have to lead it.

Nononononono. Not that Bat-Person. I mean tha Nightwingz.

#26 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Strafe Prower said:

@ReVamp said:

@Strafe Prower said:

Nononononono. Not that Bat-Person. I mean tha Nightwingz.

Winnick ruined that for me. I also can't see Katana, Geo-Force, or Black Lightning agreeing to such a thing. At least, that was pre-DCnU, so I guess that doesn't matter.

Honestly, as long as it's well done and they actually have a book, I'm down for anything.

#27 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower:

Well seeing as Katana is completely different I think its safe to assume that Black Lightning and Geo-Force won't have much history with anything really. Its feasible to assume that they won't have any qualms with the Grayson on the team. Hopefully we get some Creeper action as well. And Looker's showing up too in the New 52.

#28 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I know, I just have a hard time letting go of the pasts of my favorite characters. I've literally read every Outsiders run and it all just vanished :/ Like I said though, if it's done well I'd be fine with Nightwing in it.

#29 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Also, I love the Creeper, so it would great to see him return!

Where is Looker appearing? She is an underrated character for sure! Vampire with Telepathy and Telekinesis, Who could ask for more?

#30 Edited by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: Here. Actually, I don't think this is New 52 cannon. Putting it out there, just in case.

Yeah, the Creeper's the effin shia.

#31 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

March is doing the covers? I'm sold! I don't like that it isn't DC cannon though.

Agreed. Have you read his solo series?

#32 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13704 posts) - - Show Bio

Outsiders needs to be coming back soon. Let Black Lightning lead the team this time. And throw some non-demonic Creeper in there.

#33 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree: Oh I thought Traci 13 was introduced then, but evidently not.  But it was her that I meant.  
#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35176 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz said:
@The_Tree: Oh I thought Traci 13 was introduced then, but evidently not.  But it was her that I meant.  
Traci 13 was in Flashpoint 
#35 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

After having just read the Justice League International Annual/final issue, I think that a Global Guardians comic could be all right, but maybe only if they added characters that aren't just cliches and stereotypes.  

#36 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming four cancelled:

Cancel Hawkman, Grifter, Legion (I don't care which one), Stormwatch

Gain Shazam, JLA, Cyborg, Red Robin

#37 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

Element Woman? She's the only "new" character I can think of other than Pandora in Flashpoint.

Personally, I would've called her 'Metamorpha'.

Edit: Wait, was she actually new? Wasn't there a female Metamorpho in The Sandman?

Edit 2: Apparently that was "Element Girl" and a different person.

---

Also, is there any truth to the rumors that we'll be seeing Booster Gold tucked into all the new #0 issues? Like how Pandora was in the launch issues?

#38 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Also, is there any truth to the rumors that we'll be seeing Booster Gold tucked into all the new #0 issues? Like how Pandora was in the launch issues?

Where'd you hear that?

#39 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg@Funrush: Did you guys read the JLI annual?  I had dropped JLI but I checked it out because I wanted to see what happened to Godiva, if she was still around, but the ending of the issue was pretty interesting ...
#40 Posted by riiiiiiiight (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam should be added

#41 Posted by webofthornns (672 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Doom Patrol and The Outsiders (with Raven on the team, she needs some place to be)..

#42 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@fodigg said:

Where'd you hear that?

Bouncing around twitter, but it was unclear if people were saying 'this is what's happening' or 'this is what should happen'. Probably the latter because the former would be too awesome.

@RazzaTazz said:

@fodigg: @Funrush: Did you guys read the JLI annual? I had dropped JLI but I checked it out because I wanted to see what happened to Godiva, if she was still around, but the ending of the issue was pretty interesting ...

I liked seeing Booster Gold back in his time keeper role, but it just felt like a tease unless they give us a solo Booster title again. He's best with his "greatest hero history will never know" status quo because it runs so counter to the characters core "fame and fortune" motivations.

As for Godiva, pretty sure future Booster said she was fine and would help form a group called 'Global Guardians' that would "be the team the JLI should've been."

#43 Posted by Lvenger (21294 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel: One of the Batman titles (Probably Batman Inc given Morrison's leaving in issue 12), Red Hood and the Outlaws, the Savage Hawkman

Replacements (including JLA): New Gods, Shazam, Atom

#44 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: Interesting link, maybe we should add such a concept here.  Did you see that JLU episode with him in it?  The Greatest Story Never Told?  It is a cool link with the character that otherwise people associate with glitz and fame.  
#45 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Characters I would like to see get their own book are Cyborg, Atom, Steel, and Doom Patrol.

Static would be awesome, but I don't see him getting a new title for years. Rocket & Icon would be cool though.

#46 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

ahahh yeah taking to account how much WF is sucking and the fact PG is not even PG anymore and also that Im loving the Red Robin Superboy bromance, I fully agree with this idea

I also would like an Outsiders, a Shazam/Cpt Marvel, another female lead title and I guess that's it

Cancelling: maybe a Batman title, I like them but there's too many. and I dont know the rest. As long as they don't cancel anything Im reading (except for a Batman title). But if they do I just hope it's not Aquaman, any of the Superman family, or Teen Titans or Blue Beetle or New Guardians. Those are my favorites

#47 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@fodigg: Interesting link, maybe we should add such a concept here. Did you see that JLU episode with him in it? The Greatest Story Never Told? It is a cool link with the character that otherwise people associate with glitz and fame.

Yep. It's like Booster's ultimate fate. He's a true hero, but destined to go down as a vapid, ineffectual cheat and a failure. Usually with a few close friends who know the truth, however.

#48 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Add Steel and New Gods to the list of comics I want to see added.

#49 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@KnightRise said:

ahahh yeah taking to account how much WF is sucking and the fact PG is not even PG anymore and also that Im loving the Red Robin Superboy bromance, I fully agree with this idea

I also would like an Outsiders, a Shazam/Cpt Marvel, another female lead title and I guess that's it

Cancelling: maybe a Batman title, I like them but there's too many. and I dont know the rest. As long as they don't cancel anything Im reading (except for a Batman title). But if they do I just hope it's not Aquaman, any of the Superman family, or Teen Titans or Blue Beetle or New Guardians. Those are my favorites

There are two many titles that star Batman, even if two of them are fairly different than the others. The problem is, they all sell well and theres no way DC would cancel Detective Comics. I'd make Batman and Robin into Robin and reallly build Damian's character.

#50 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: that would be a perfect solution IMO