DC is erasing Wildstorm universe from his new 52 universe?

Delcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Delcar
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stormwatch, Voodoo, Team 7 and Grifter had been cancelled, and any other character from wildstorm have no relevance in dc universe. Even when new 52 superman comics started, Daemonite Lord Helspont was going to be a strong villain, but we didn't see he anymore. Is wildstorm universe finished in dc comics?

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will probably implement Wildstorm comics characters into the main series' story arcs so that they are more part of DC instead of separate from the New 52 continuum.

Delcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: what characters do you think are reusable? Maybe grifter as a dc Punisher? in a world where batman and superman rules, i don't see enough space for apollo or midnighter. In forever evil their team was sent to space so they have no participation in any event...

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

When was Stormwatch cancelled?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@mitran: I have a feeling Wildstorm is going the way of Ultraverse, it was popular right up until it was acquired by a bigger publisher, then the big guys claim they're going to keep it going, then the big guys stop marketing them until they suddenly just aren't around anymore. DC stretched it out a bit more than Marvel did with Ultraverse but the path is pretty much the same.

Delcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@joshmightbe: and milestone comics too, static was cancelled too,

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@delcar: Hmm. Not surprising.

I don't think DC's done with the characters, but integrating them into their continuity definitely isn't a top priority for them. Hopefully they can find a place for them somewhere. I'm still surprised that they haven't tried to capitalize on WildC.A.T.s with Jim Lee.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delcar: And Chaos comics, other companies took Lady Death and Evil Ernie and the rest went to limbo.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: I thought the same about Prime, Night Man and Rune, but now days you'd be hard pressed to find a person under 30 who even knows what Ultraverse is.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wildstrom is like Apollo and midnighter right? good.

@mitran: I thought the same about Prime, Night Man and Rune, but now days you'd be hard pressed to find a person under 30 who even knows what Ultraverse is.

i don't think that's true, maybe you just don't talk to many young people who read comics.

Delcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Delcar
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delcar: Marvel did it to Ultraverse, Chaos just kind of ran out of money and was sold off to the highest bidder piece by piece.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The Wildstorm characters just don't work in the DCU, if written properly half the WS characters would make most of the DC heroes redundant but the popularity won't allow for that.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By youmessinwithme

wildstorm`s main heroes would be villains in the DC U anyway.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will probably implement Wildstorm comics characters into the main series' story arcs so that they are more part of DC instead of separate from the New 52 continuum.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

I'm sure these characters will be worked in somewhere. I'm still waiting for Xombi to pop up somewhere.

Sad but not surprised to see Stormwatch is being cancelled. When Starlin took over they left out the character that interested me most Hawksmoor and not that the book was spectacular to begin with but it's gotten progressively worse since.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprised they half assed the WSU from the start, might as well have keep them seperate.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Man a Darkseid vs Helspont has to happen. Its just gotta!

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprised they half assed the WSU from the start, might as well have keep them seperate.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deaditegonzo

This is really sad, especially with Milestone. But it really does look like DC doesnt know how to fold them into the universe at large. Icon in the JLA, or Darkseid, Helspont, and Superman fighting for the fate of the world, these are thing I really want to happen. Not to mention Static on the Teen Titans or Supes and Majestic throwing down.

Maybe it was a hard sell for these characters in their own titles, but in the universe at large, they could and should work.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wildstorm fans are just sceptical about Wildstorm characters in new universe, and mainstream fans are sceptical about new characters in their universe. And dont forget about "erased" Captain Atom and Legion of Superheroes... If not exellent, but just normal series don't interact with each other there is problems.

Delcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Deadgod

This really sucks , maybe they should have kept Wildstorm universe separate from the start if they were not going to use them anymore