cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cameron83

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48945

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/11/05/dc-comics-to-launch-five-years-later-weekly-series/

So...apparently this is going to jump forward in time by 5 years....or something like that.

Why is Terry there?

And is this another event already (or is it something like Villains month and is almost pointless)?

I've given up on fighting the new 52 for the time being anyway,so I'm just going to accept it and see what the heck this is about.....read the links.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By patrat18

???

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By M3th

It's a business decision like Marvel NOW! or All New Marvel NOW! Different but it is still a business idea.

Frankly Marvel's approacH makes more sense to MetH tHan 5 years later. Comics sHouldn't really Have dates, I mean tHey don't even follow real life time anyways. It's almost impossible witH issues coming out once a montH and sometimes tHose issues about one single day. Just saying, time/dates in comics sHould not really exist or be used mucH.

-ABstract4$$#073-

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

In 5 years DC will just do another reboot.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Huge universe crossover maybe?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't make any sense, the time line is already confusing.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I read a few weeks ago that this is for Gimmick Month 2014(September). 5 Years seems a little too soon to set future stories in.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In 5 years DC will just do another reboot.

I swear to god,I hope so. And I hope that it's something like Young Justice.

@rustyroy said:

Doesn't make any sense, the time line is already confusing.

Agreed

I read a few weeks ago that this is for Gimmick Month 2014(September). 5 Years seems a little too soon to set future stories in.

Yeah,I here that it's gonna be another thing like Villains month. Maybe it will fast forward in the future 5 years later (again...sigh. Young Justice did it right),and it will show how everyone is NOW in their individual issues.

@m3th said:

It's a business decision like Marvel NOW! or All New Marvel NOW! Different but it is still a business idea.

Frankly Marvel's approacH makes more sense to MetH tHan 5 years later. Comics sHouldn't really Have dates, I mean tHey don't even follow real life time anyways. It's almost impossible witH issues coming out once a montH and sometimes tHose issues about one single day. Just saying, time/dates in comics sHould not really exist or be used mucH.

-ABstract4$$#073-

I completely agree. I mean,as long as they can keep a consistent,linear timeline like with what Young Justice did (I hate saying that so often),but with tons of writers and stuff...I mean......

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marionettegeist

Another attempt to make DC's market share temporarily go up for a month. How quaint. I wonder if any of the stories will actually be good this time around.

@patrat18 said:

???

what?

Posting multiple question marks is a way of saying "What?".

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

Another attempt to make DC's market share temporarily go up for a month. How quaint. I wonder if any of the stories will actually be good this time around.

@cameron83 said:

@patrat18 said:

???

what?

Posting multiple question marks is a way of saying "What?".

Yeah,but I want to know what they're confused about. It should be explained on the link.

And agreed,it's just another Villain's month

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

From everything I have read it is just another gimmick month. All the books will jump forward five years for a month then jump back. There also will be an ongoing series set 5 years in the future.

One more thing can people please stop moaning about The New 52 it has been 3 years already let it go DC ain't going to change it back.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord said:

From everything I have read it is just another gimmick month. All the books will jump forward five years for a month then jump back. There also will be an ongoing series set 5 years in the future.

One more thing can people please stop moaning about The New 52 it has been 3 years already let it go DC ain't going to change it back.

So they aren't allowed to dislike the new 52 because it's been 3 years already? There is nothing wrong with people not liking the new 52,dude.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By muhabba

So, Marvel has infected DC with "gimmick" events? Have they brought back chromium covers yet?

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba said:

So, Marvel has infected DC with "gimmick" events? Have they brought back chromium covers yet?

I don't think Marvel's "infected" them. They do a stunt every September.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cameron83

By the way,I also heard that this is just going to be a gimmick for a month. Typical. Which means that they are just going to skip ahead 5 years later in their universe for 1 month with each individual title,and then go back to the awful new 52.

So it's just a gimmick so they can get number one for 1 month out of 12.