DC Comics Trademarks "Gotham" for tv purposes, do you think a Gotham Central show is a good idea?

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll DC Comics Trademarks "Gotham" for tv purposes, do you think a Gotham Central show is a good idea? (24 votes)

Yes 54%
No 17%
There should be a Batman show, but not Gotham Central 17%
Just want to see the results 13%

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/07/dc-trademarks-gotham/

Somehow I doubt this will actually lead to a Gotham Central TV show, but wouldn't it be great if it did? What are your thoughts?

• 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

You mean Law and Order, GCPD edition?

I'd be okay with that.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Sure, as long as Renee Montoya or Kate Kane can get married in an episode... ;)

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, as long as Renee Montoya or Kate Kane can get married in an episode... ;)

Bazinga!

From a fan's perspective a Gotham Central show would be fantastic. From any other perspective I can't see how that show would get past the cutting room floor.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinningbirdcake: I don't know, lots of people love cop shows and I can see it getting made just because of that. Its basically a cop show but with murderous psychopaths in colorful costumes, and Batman cameos.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

It would be an amazing idea and one that could certainly help build the DC cinematic universe if they chose to tie it in like Marvel is doing with SHIELD. We could even get a crossover with the Central City PD and meet characters from there perhaps even a certain Forensic Scientist. Hell even if they dont tie it in to the cinematic universe they could at least tie it in to the Arrow universe, though in a perfect world that universe would be tied to the DC cinematic universe as well.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By trebean

Well, the GCPD comics were well received, and as long as they somehow manage to get Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordon again then I'm in.

spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: When you pitch it like that it sounds fantastic. I think for the Batman cameos to work it would have to be an animated show.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Marionettegeist

@dctv3363: When you pitch it like that it sounds fantastic. I think for the Batman cameos to work it would have to be an animated show.

Not really sure what you mean. Why would it have to be animated?

spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: I say it probably would have to be animated because I don't think DC is going to just put any dude in a batsuit and I don't think Ben Affleck is going to show up for a cameo

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinningbirdcake: That's true. But they could just show him in the shadows, or have a scene similar to the one in the comics where one officer was talking to another officer filling him in on the case. The officer turned around and when he looked back the other officer was gone, and hinted to have been Batman in disguise.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

dc hasnt learned yet. like that retarded kid that keeps putting his hands of the grill. live-action tv shows suck. look at birds of prey, smallville, arrow.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: Low budget TV shows suck. If they put some faith into their products and put it on a channel that can afford a higher budget they could make some seriously good shows. TV shows have the potential to be more enjoyable than movies, since you can have more time to build characters and can do story arcs that would never be able to be made into movies.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By sinestro_GL

There would be too much pressure to have Batman on the show...and knowing WB, that wouldn't happen.

If you guys want to watch a police/detective show, watch the original Law & Order show.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Marionettegeist

@sinestro_gl: I honestly don't get this argument. One of the biggest draws for the Batman movies is his villains, which this kind of show would feature regularly. Have you read the Gotham Central comics? They did a great job of showing exactly how this kind of show could work.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dc hasnt learned yet. like that retarded kid that keeps putting his hands of the grill. live-action tv shows suck. look at birds of prey, smallville, arrow.

Arrow is awesome, but it is a bad characterization of green arrow

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Law and Order Gotham edition?

Eh, why not?

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

@dctv3363 said:

@sinestro_gl: I honestly don't get this argument. One of the biggest draws for the Batman movies is his villains, which this kind of show would feature regularly. Have you read the Gotham Central comics? They did a great job of showing exactly how this kind of show could work.

Then again, we're talking about the general public. The main appeal of the Batman franchise for those people, of which would make up the majority of the audience for such a show, is Batman himself.

To a certain extent, that exists with a lot of Batman fans that read comics. They read comics for Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl: Actually I've never had that impression at all from the general public, though maybe it's just the people in this area. It seems to me that they care more about the Joker than Batman himself, while comic book readers actually read Batman for Batman. The show would also be able to draw in fans of "cop shows with gimmicks" so that might even it out, I mean look how many of those shows their are already, they apparently have a pretty large audience. I think a Gotham Central show would be different enough from the others to stand out while still drawing in the same crowd + comic book fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Jim Gordon, a young Barbara Gordon, Renee Montoya...yeah I'd watch it.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

A Gotham Central show would rock.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers