#1 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really confused who the rulers of hell are in DC comics. I bought Sandman v1 recently and the rulers of hell were lucifer morningstar, beezlebub and azazel. But in Demon Knights the ruler is Lucifer? I'm confused about the difference between Lucifer and Lucifer Morningstar, are they the same? Also in Teen Ttitans i thought Trigon and Neron were the rulers, im seriously confused

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35016 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk: The DCU and the Vertigo Universe are different, or that was the case until the DCnU

#3 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

In christian mythology, Lucifer is the ruler of hell and it is simpler to just follow Christian mythology. Dc does have other less popular citizens of hell like Lord Satanus, Neron, etc.

#4 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it dependent on which religion/mythology you're talking about? Because the Greek myths are real in DC, which has Hades as the lord of the Underworld, which is the Greek Hell... at least I think that's how it works.

#5 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio
How about some Imagination like The Devil is every and any ruler of Hell. (+)
#6 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk: In the Vertigo universe (I'm putting this in spoilers because you haven't finished Sandman/Lucifer yet) the rulers of Hell were:

Lucifer/Beelzebub/Azazel, then just Lucifer again, then Remiel and Dumas, then I believe Lucifer again, though I can't remember exactly.

In the DCU, it was Neron, then Satanus, then Satanus' sister whose name I'm blanking on, though to be honest everyone ignored the whole Satanus/Satanus' sister thing.

In the New 52, it's a version of Lucifer NOT to be confused with the Vertigo version.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The female demon was Blaze.