DC Comics ruler of hell?

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tahmidk

I'm really confused who the rulers of hell are in DC comics. I bought Sandman v1 recently and the rulers of hell were lucifer morningstar, beezlebub and azazel. But in Demon Knights the ruler is Lucifer? I'm confused about the difference between Lucifer and Lucifer Morningstar, are they the same? Also in Teen Ttitans i thought Trigon and Neron were the rulers, im seriously confused

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@tahmidk: The DCU and the Vertigo Universe are different, or that was the case until the DCnU

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

In christian mythology, Lucifer is the ruler of hell and it is simpler to just follow Christian mythology. Dc does have other less popular citizens of hell like Lord Satanus, Neron, etc.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By rav4

Isn't it dependent on which religion/mythology you're talking about? Because the Greek myths are real in DC, which has Hades as the lord of the Underworld, which is the Greek Hell... at least I think that's how it works.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Yung ANcient One
How about some Imagination like The Devil is every and any ruler of Hell. (+)
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@tahmidk: In the Vertigo universe (I'm putting this in spoilers because you haven't finished Sandman/Lucifer yet) the rulers of Hell were:

Lucifer/Beelzebub/Azazel, then just Lucifer again, then Remiel and Dumas, then I believe Lucifer again, though I can't remember exactly.

In the DCU, it was Neron, then Satanus, then Satanus' sister whose name I'm blanking on, though to be honest everyone ignored the whole Satanus/Satanus' sister thing.

In the New 52, it's a version of Lucifer NOT to be confused with the Vertigo version.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colonyofcells

The female demon was Blaze.