DC Comics discussion

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a random, but what are your favorite DC titles so far? And am I the only one that wishes that DC was like Marvel and released their comics bi-weekly?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Larfleeze

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If by "so far" you mean since the new 52, my 2 favorites have been Batman and Wonder Woman. Some of the titles like "Action" and "Detective" have been up and down. I liked Morrison's run on Action for the most part. The current run by Pak is decent, but there are others that like it more than I do. Green Arrow has been good since Lemire took over. (Issue 17.) I've really liked Simone's Batgirl, but lots of folks don't. I like Superman/Wonder Woman better than Superman/Batman. A sleeper I really like is Swamp Thing. I liked it when Scott Snyder did it, and thought after he left, I'd drop the title, but Soule has done a very good job, so it's still on my pull list.

As for the frequncey. I think once a month is fine, and prefer it to bi-weekly. If all comics were bi-weekly, then I'd be spending twice as much each month, and I spend enough now.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By youknowwhattodo

My favorite one of the new 52 are Aquaman. Aquaman has been so consistent, even when Geoff Johns left, it still is really, really good, in fact one could argue Jeff Parker has done a better job than Geoff Johns. It has the qualities that a Superhero comic is supposed have, badass feats WITH a human element WITH a well-written story, often times comics get one of these three things right (most often the badass feats).

Other ones I enjoy are Wonder Woman, Batman and Animal Man. I would put the second half of Higgin's Nightwing run but it would have been a purely biased selection.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there is a weekly batman title now. What I wish DC would do is stop canceling titles and give more characters their own series. Its crazy how many characters don't have a place. Yet marvel gives everyone their owns series, even doop.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Wonder Woman and no, I'd rather read a well crafted story where the appropriate time was spent to make it rather than something half-arsed in greater quantities.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

Superman/Wonder Woman

Action Comics

Batman

American Vampire

And no, I don't wish DC to be like Marvel at all.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I get what you are saying, but sometimes waiting a month for the next issue is a pain.

Marvel has been able to do that with Superior, every issue was good. Same with Scarlet Spider

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DC comic books I read/have read are:

Earth 2 (still read. but not thrilled with Batman and Evil Superman being there)

The Flash (still read. Love it)

Green Arrow (Wasn't happy with the way the story was going. Dropped it. I know I'm insane)

Stormwatch (dropped it after the new team came. Hated them. Soon to be cancelled)

Demon Knights (One of my favorite titles. Cancelled)

Deathstroke (Loved it. Why was it cancelled. Big mistake)

Grifter ( Only read a few issues. Cancelled)

Captain Atom (Only read of few issues. Cancelled)

Red Hood and the Outlaws (Only read a couple of issues. Dropped it)

Ravengers (Read one issue. Only because Deathstroke was in it. Cancelled)

Rogues Rebellion (Read the first issue. Never got around to getting the rest.)

No I don't want DC to put out their comic books bi-monthly.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@kivatt said:

@outside_85: I get what you are saying, but sometimes waiting a month for the next issue is a pain.

Marvel has been able to do that with Superior, every issue was good. Same with Scarlet Spider

I attribute that to a unique creative team, it's not something you can just replicate for every book. That said, for those that it really bothers, just trade wait if a month between issues is a problem. (In fact I know WW just reads better when collected)

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Just as far as New 52 goes:

1. Batman
  2. Nightwing
  3. Deathstroke

Wish I had more money in my budget because everyone raves about Green Arrow.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

New 52 books I have read:

• Batman (Loved Death of the Family though Zero Year is kinda boring. I buy it here and there. I'll buy it regularly when Zero Year is over)
  • Detective Comics (it was interesting though not something that made me want to come back)
  • Batman: The Dark Knight (I bought an issue cuz Scarecrow was on a cover and it was OK. I usually like the covers for the series)
  • Nightwing (Nightwing is my favorite hero and the book has been one of my favorites! The Nightwing series is what I would've imagined a DCAU Nightwing show to be like. Sadly its cancelled)
  • Batgirl (Its good, but the multiple tie ins bother me)
  • The Flash (my FAVORITE book at DC. Every issue has been great!)
  • Wonder Woman (It was good though it wasn't really for me so I dropped it)
  • Green Arrow (good though it wasn't for me)
  • Superman (meh)
  • Teen Titans (meh. Hopefully the Teen Titans reboot in July will be better)
  • Aquaman (Its great! I usually borrow the book from my friend who is a huge Aquaman fan! Loved every issue, but one so far)
  • Superman Unchained (Good, but those delays!)
  • Action Comics (Its cool)
  • Suicide Squad (it was interesting though Harley's design bothered me until recently. Now I kinda just tolerate her new design if I pick up SS)
  • Batman and Robin (cool book. Loved it when Damian was in it)
  • Swamp Thing (Not for me)
  • Justice League (The Captain Marvel story was interesting and so was Throne of Atlantis though Trinity War and Forever Evil ruined the book for me)
  • Justice League of America (I bought it for Martian Manhunter and the line up was pretty cool. It got cancelled though I am looking forward to Justice League United)
  • Justice League Dark (crossover turned me away)
  • Human Bomb (awesome mini series!)
  • Forever Evil (Meh)
  • Earth 2 (cool concept though I miss my old school Justice Society)
  • Red Hood and the Outlaw (meh)
  • DC Presents Deadman (good little series)