#1 Posted by gorillazman2012 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi All,

I was wondering what the Comicvine communities thoughts were on the really poor Channel 52 segments at the end of their books. They piss me off way more than they should

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

They suck so I don't read them

#3 Posted by tomlikesfries (4625 posts) - - Show Bio

I just skip it. I read it like three or four times after it started, but that's it.

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its an neat idea, but I have no need to read them.

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19969 posts) - - Show Bio

I read them, I don't know why but I do....

#6 Posted by cameron83 (6639 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by giantsfan576 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19969 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by bob808 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

it sucks

#10 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11085 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read them, never will read them, think they should go away.

#11 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

they are kind of annoying actually. I don't understand the point of them, is it to get people to read other books?

#12 Posted by EnigmaLantern (718 posts) - - Show Bio

I see it as a waste of 2 or so pages at the end of the comic book, would much rather the story continue that little bit more, especially when I'm getting really into the story. I find the channel 52 segments pointless and when you see how big each speech bubble is for such a poorly drawn segment, how can you even have the effort TO read it? So yeah..

#13 Edited by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they'd print fan letters.

#14 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they'd print fan letters.

I do too. But I don't think they want to search through all that hate mail looking for printable letters. I mean I'm sure over half of the letters at least could be split into the following categories: Deatailed thesis statements on why the new 52 or certain characters in the new 52 are terrible, personal insults against the creators, and short one line statements with no useful meaning (eg. New 52 sux. Without saying why it sucks).

#15 Posted by Baron_BJ (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather there was more story and if a writer didn't need those extra pages then they could toss in a letters page. Hell, remove them entirely and lower the price by 5c, I don't care, just get rid of that garbage. We're killing trees for this ****.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (23036 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them. It should be on the DC Nation block.

#17 Posted by Catsnlynne (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

I just skim them. Don't really read them.

#18 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363:

True, a lot of the letters would be terrible. Maybe they could bump up the barrier to entry by making it be a real letter with a stamp and everything, handwritten too. That'd cut down on the volume.

#19 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363:

True, a lot of the letters would be terrible. Maybe they could bump up the barrier to entry by making it be a real letter with a stamp and everything, handwritten too. That'd cut down on the volume.

Not a bad idea, actually.

#20 Posted by Dabee (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@gorillazman2012: What do you mean by they piss you off? If you don't like them, don't read them. It's just stupid reasoning.

I for one like reading them, especially because they feature Ambush Bug! (One of my favorite underused characters)

#21 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the point of them, but they are fun to read. I enjoy them.

#22 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

Its the only way to see Ambush Bug in the New 52, so I have to tolerate it.