• 59 results
BloodsunXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BloodsunXL

So I was wondering if the events of Civil War happened in DCU, who do you think would be on Pro Registration, Anti-Reg, or Neutral.

Here are a list of characters.

-Superman

-Batman

-Wonderwoman

-Flash

-Hal Jordan

-John Stuwart

-Hawkman

-Green Arrow

-Aquaman

-Nightwing

-Red Robin

-Superboy

-Zatana

-Captain Marvel

-Captain Atom

-Martian Manhunter

-Lex Luthor

-Bane

-Ra's Al Ghul

-Harvey Dent

Note: I think something like this will be in the Injustice: Gods Among Us storyline

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By chocobojam

I want it to be a battle between group of anti-reg ( batman as their leader ) and pro-reg ( superman as their leader ).

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

@BloodsunX: I was working on my own DC Civil War lineup. From the characters you have listed, here's what I have:

Pro-Registration

• Hal Jordan - Leader
  • John Stewart
  • The Flash (both Barry and Wally)
  • Hawkman
  • Captain Marvel
  • Captain Atom
  • Lex Luthor

Ant-Registration

• Batman - Leader
  • Nightwing
  • Red Robin
  • Wonder Woman
  • Aquaman
  • Green Arrow
  • Zatanna
  • Superboy

Neutral

• Superman
  • Martian Manhunter

Not sure on Ra's or Harvey. I really don't see them having a rolein it.

If you're wondering reasoning for any of my choices, feel free to ask why.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By Deadcool

@TheCannon said:

Neutral

• Superman
  • Martian Manhunter

Why? I am pretty sure he would be in the Anti-registration team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think Superman would be pro-reg though, its more likely he'd be neutral. Civil War is a different take on the traditional "justice lord" or "king superman" type of story as its not triggered by a personal tragedy to superman so he wouldn't have a reason to amass power and control. this is the government trying to make him work for them, which is something he was against in Son of Superman. so i think the more likely scenario is that wonder woman and/or aquaman would lead the pro-reg group and superman would either be alone or have an extremely small neutral group trying to prevent the two sides from going to war.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

Pro-Reg will be Superman, Flash, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Lex Luthor, Captain Atom, and Captain Marvel.

Anti-Reg will be Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Red Robin, Superboy, Zatana, and Bane.

Aquaman won't be able to get involved because he's an official diplomat and representative of Atlantis.

Ra's won't get involved because it's beneath him.

Harvey will flip a coin and could come down either way.

Martian Manhunter won't be able to make a decision in human politics on this scale.

Nightwing will be torn, and trying to negotiate between both sides.

Hawkman could go either way.

Needless to say, Pro-Regs got the edge. By a lot. Most of them have a military or police background which would lead to them siding with the government. Captain Marvel will be in it because he doesn't want people to be scared of him, he just wants to help. Superman will be for similar reasons. Luthor because he's Luthor and will be setting up for a Dark Reign scenario.

Wonder Woman will join up with the Anti-Reg because of her preference towards freedom. Being forced to unmask and work for a government would definitely go against her values. Superboy would join because of his current bad experiences with shadowy government agencies, though I suspect he'd be the Anti-Reg's downfall as a sleeper agent for Luthor. Arrow would join up because Oliver Queen has a lot to lose being forced to work for the government. Zatana because Batman. Everyone else is obvious.

Regardless, with Zatanna's aid in keeping them concealed with magic, they'll be able to build up some extra resistance. Though Bruce Wayne may have his assets frozen due to his support of what would now be a 'rogue vigilante' with Batman, Inc. Regardless, this comes down to how far Batman's willing to go, and how long they can stay concealed from the combined might of two Green Lanterns, the Fastest Man Alive, the Earth's Mightiest Mortal, and the original Superhero.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCannon

@Deadcool said:

@TheCannon said:

Neutral

• Superman
  • Martian Manhunter

Why? I am pretty sure he would be in the Anti-registration team.

In my opinion, Superman wouldn't pick a side. He'd stay neutral in the war. He wouldn't agree with the action the government is taking by recruiting superheroes but because he stands for the 'American Way', he wouldn't fight the change either. He'd stay neutral in the affair and help out with civilian casualties, similar to his role in War of The Supermen

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FalconPuuunch

Why would Batman be anti-reg?

He basically had/has most of the costumes registered in his own system anyways.

tgd124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By tgd124

@TheCannon said:

@BloodsunX: I was working on my own DC Civil War lineup. From the characters you have listed, here's what I have:

Pro-Registration

• Hal Jordan - Leader
  • John Stewart
  • The Flash (both Barry and Wally)
  • Hawkman
  • Captain Marvel
  • Captain Atom
  • Lex Luthor

Ant-Registration

• Batman - Leader
  • Nightwing
  • Red Robin
  • Wonder Woman
  • Aquaman
  • Green Arrow
  • Zatanna
  • Superboy

Neutral

• Superman
  • Martian Manhunter

Not sure on Ra's or Harvey. I really don't see them having a rolein it.

If you're wondering reasoning for any of my choices, feel free to ask why.

I agree with most on this list, but i feel like the Super family would be pro-registration, Superman usually sides with the government, and the "American way"

Wonder Woman and Aquaman would be neutral, because neither care for most civilian rules, the two have their own governments and beliefs.

Captain Marvel/Shazam would definitely be a neutral character, more towards anti-registration, because i think the government wouldn't look to kindly on a 15 year old and his recklessness. He'd probably side with Batman, and be the anti-teams main muscle, and get along well with Dick and Damian well too.

As for other characters,

Pro-

Green Lanterns leading pro-registration, but fighting amongst them, Kyle and Guy against but side with Hal and John anyway

Bane (and the Suicide Squad)-working with government and Luther to clear his name,

Ra's Al Ghul- to challenge Batman

Cyborg- technology, want's to keep people safe, similar to Iron Man's position

Batgirl- disagrees with anti's methods and opposing the government, doesn't want to fight heroes

Con-

Joker- want to keep his crazed games with Batman going and ruin Luther's plans

Blue Beetle- Scarab won't let him oppose

Wally West- believes people should have the choice to register or not, discord in Flash Family

Teen Titans- similar to Shazam's stance

Neutral-

Solomon Grundy- i know he's in the game, and he's not a smart dude, kinda just a hassle for either side

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deadcool

@TheCannon: Oh, I see, I haven't read the War of the Supermen, sounds interesting.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCannon

@Deadcool: Yeah. Other people may think differently, but that's just how I see an event like that going.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SNascimento

What exactly Pro Registration, Anti-Reg, and Neutral means? And what are the consequences of picking one side or the other?

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deadcool
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#14  Edited By Teerack

Pro Reg.

• Superman
  • Flash
  • John Stuwart
  • Nightwing
  • Captain Marvel
  • Captain Atom
  • Batgirl
  • Supergirl
  • Powergirl
  • Black Lightning
  • Cyborg
  • Steel
  • Blue Beetle
  • Booster Gold

Anti Reg.

• Batman
  • Hal Jordan
  • Hawkman
  • Zatana
  • Red Robin
  • Superboy
  • Green Arrow
  • Black Canary
  • Arsenal
  • Speedy
  • Robin
  • The Spoiler
  • Blue Devil
  • Starfire
  • Kid Flash
  • Kyle Rynor

Neutral

• Wonderwoman
  • Aquaman
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Guy Gardner
  • Doctor Fate
  • Static
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Jorgevy

actually from what 've been reading of Injustice God Amongs prequel comics, it will have nothing to do with Civil War

more like a King Superman dystopian future thingie

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By fury714

Pro-Side: Superman, Wonderwoman, Manhunter, GL (Hal Jordan and John Stewart) Captain Marvel and Captain Atom, Lex luthor.--------- Anti-Side: Bats, Nightwing, Red Robin, Zatanna, Flash, Green Arrow, Superboy, Hawkman, Bane. Everyone else is neutral.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By fury714

What do you guys think would actually trigger a DC Civil War? Aren't the league sanctioned by the government already?

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Nightwing4

The primary difference between a DC civil war and Marvel's is the abundance of Aliens in DC. Thor (who you can view as an alien/higher being) wasn't a part of CW, and would have seen it as beneath him. I'm thinking Superman, Manhunter, Aquaman, WW and Icon stay out of it, at least initially. I agree Batman leads the anti regs, Dark Knight Returns style. Heroes pro reg would be those with immense senses of guilt. Hal (due to destroying coast city) would lead them. Captain Atom would join, as would John Stewart.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Markus_Langbourn

Would never happen. DC characters aren't douchebags.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Nightwing4 said:

The primary difference between a DC civil war and Marvel's is the abundance of Aliens in DC. Thor (who you can view as an alien/higher being) wasn't a part of CW, and would have seen it as beneath him. I'm thinking Superman, Manhunter, Aquaman, WW and Icon stay out of it, at least initially. I agree Batman leads the anti regs, Dark Knight Returns style. Heroes pro reg would be those with immense senses of guilt. Hal (due to destroying coast city) would lead them. Captain Atom would join, as would John Stewart.

Did Hal even destroy coast city anymore though? I think Stewart destroying Xanshi has probably been retconned

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By spidermonkey2099

@BloodsunX said:

So I was wondering if the events of Civil War happened in DCU, who do you think would be on Pro Registration, Anti-Reg, or Neutral.

Here are a list of characters.

-Superman

-Batman

-Wonderwoman

-Flash

-Hal Jordan

-John Stuwart

-Hawkman

-Green Arrow

-Aquaman

-Nightwing

-Red Robin

-Superboy

-Zatana

-Captain Marvel

-Captain Atom

-Martian Manhunter

-Lex Luthor

-Bane

-Ra's Al Ghul

-Harvey Dent

Note: I think something like this will be in the Injustice: Gods Among Us storyline

Pro-Registration

• John Stewart
  • Captain Marvel
  • Captain Atom
  • Superman
  • Lex Luthor (he'd probably be the leader of the movement... his involvment would also cause Superman and possibly a few of the other heroes to become anti-registration eventually)

Neutral

• Wonder Woman
  • Aquaman
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Harvey Dent
  • R'as al Ghul
  • Bane (though I think he could be bought to do work for either side, or both sides)

Anti-Registration

• Batman
  • Green Arrow
  • Flash
  • Hal Jordan
  • Hawkman
  • Nightwing
  • Red Robin
  • Superboy
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By dernman

I don't believe Superman would be pro reg. He has his own problems with the government being against him because of his power and he has his own secret identity he wouldn't want the government to know about. Superman is about hope and the belief in humans better nature. He's also the symbol in the future Legion years about the opening up of society to people who are different because they have power. It's why I only buy into these alt versions of Superman going bad because they are alt Superman. If anything I think Superman Anti-Reg. Now that doesn't mean he wont believe in accountability but he would still be Anti-Reg.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sharkbite

The Pro-Registration Guys

Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Green Arrow
Aquaman
Superboy
Zatana
Lex Luthor
Captain Atom
Harvey Dent

The Pro-Anonymity Guys

Superman
Batman
Flash
Nightwing
Red Robin
Martian Manhunter
Hawkman
Captain Marvel
Bane
Ras Al Ghul

My version of the Pro-Registration is a combination of people who either already have a public identity, are direct government affiliates with their identity on file, or whom have no real "secret identity" and live in their superhero persona full-time. I would peg Wonder Woman as the big name to jump Registration, as she has no family constraints or reason to fear retaliation against her personally.

My Pro-Anon team is made up of people who have families, people they care about, and a deep seated need to have their identities remain secret. Unlike many, I see Superman falling into this realm. While his New52 rendition behaves a bit differant, even in the Modern Age Superman had gradually been distancing himself from the US Government as he became disolutioned with politics and government and came to see himself as defender of a planet and not an artificial set of borders. I would predict that round abouts the time he dropped "...and the American way" from his catchphrase, he picked his side as the one who would not put Lois or Jimmy at risk in order to make a US President (such as former President Lex Luthor) happy.

Superboy is my dark horse. Because he has no strong family ties, and because he's a young and idealistic teen, I could see him being baited in to serve as the posterboy when Superman declines to endorse registration. When joined by Lex Luthor, and standing against Red Robin and Superman, Superboy could become alienated from his friends and really do some interesting growth. I've always enjoyed that Titans of Tomorrow attitude where Lex Luthor treats Superboy as his son and Superboy looks to him as a father.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Teerack

@TheCannon: What makes you think Hal would be pro reg? I mean when he was in the air force he had problems with authority. Hell even in the green lantern corps he had trouble with authority. And in Earth-31 when a similar law was past he left earth and never returned appose to having to take orders from the president.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AtPhantom

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Would never happen. DC characters aren't douchebags.

Basically. Although I should note the same was true for Marvel... until they decided they are.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Saren

I think of the time Batman drafted Firestorm into the League on the spot because he felt Jason was, quote, "too dangerous to be running around on his own", and I wonder how anti-registration Bruce would really be.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By Lvenger
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By entropy_aegis

Characters with secret identities are likely gonna oppose the registration,the others are likely embrace it.

Also what's up with Joker,Ra's,Harvey and Bane? none of them have super powers and they're all recognized criminals and terrorists so what's to register?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By John Valentine

People really think Superman would be pro-reg? His parents are still alive, right? What about Jimmy and Lois?

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
@John Valentine said:

People really think Superman would be pro-reg? His parents are still alive, right? What about Jimmy and Lois?

People aren't thinking. They're just associating characters with Marvel counterparts. And because they think Superman is very friendly with the Government, he'd be Pro-Registration. 

No one in DC would be Pro-Reg, because the heroes all know what would be at stake for their friends, and they would not force them into such a position.
btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By btmt

@Sharkbite said:

Superboy is my dark horse. Because he has no strong family ties, and because he's a young and idealistic teen, I could see him being baited in to serve as the posterboy when Superman declines to endorse registration. When joined by Lex Luthor, and standing against Red Robin and Superman, Superboy could become alienated from his friends and really do some interesting growth. I've always enjoyed that Titans of Tomorrow attitude where Lex Luthor treats Superboy as his son and Superboy looks to him as a father.

Well I beg to differ but Superboy will always follow the footsteps of Superman if we consider the pre-new52 version of him, And he always had very strong family ties with Kents and Superman. And if you have read Superboy related other pre-flashpoint comics then you will definitely know that Jonathan and Martha Kent has always considered Superboy as their son and loved him as much as they loved Superman, so Superboy will always be on his big brother Superman's side.

And during the "Titans of tomorrow" story arc the Superboy we saw was not the original Superboy, he was the re-cloned version of the original Superboy (who died saving earth in the infinite crisis story arc) by Red-Robin and Lex Luthor in future and raised by Lex Luthor, and he had not any memory of original Superboy. The original Superboy always hated Lex Luthor.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By serpent222

@Jorgevy said:

actually from what 've been reading of Injustice God Amongs prequel comics, it will have nothing to do with Civil War

more like a King Superman dystopian future thingie

Yeah, I've kept up with the comic, and there is almost no chance of the registration issue. The latest story trailer, though, does seem to hint at some sort of civil war among the heroes for other reasons with Wonder Woman siding with Superman, at the very least.

But as for how I'd sort them?

Pro-Reg

• Lex Luthor
  • Captain Atom
  • John Stewart
  • Flash
  • Captain Marvel
  • Zatanna
  • Hawkman
  • Aquaman

Anti-Reg

• Batman
  • Green Arrow
  • Hal Jordan
  • Nightwing
  • Red Robin
  • Bane
  • Wonder Woman
  • Superboy

Neutral

• Martian Manhunter
  • Superman
  • Ra's Al Ghul
  • Harvey Dent

All right, so now for my reasoning.

Pro-Reg

Luthor - I figure he'd be the one behind it all. In all likelihood, he's the one leading the charge and insisting that for mere mortals to be safe that the heroes have to register.

Captain Atom - He has served the military quite a bit, and his identity is already known. He also served under Luthor when Luthor was president.

John Stewart - He is a lantern that doesn't hide his identity and has a loyal military background. He does things by the book as best he can, and he would certainly side with the practical choice of registration. I figure that the lanterns would be split right down the middle with Guy and Stewart on the pro side, and Jordan and Rayner on the Anti.

Flash - Barry Allen would certainly be pro. As a former cop and probably the most publicly welcomed and celebrated hero, he would side with the people and support registration. If it were Wally, I'm not sure. I don't know the character nearly as well.

Captain Marvel and Zatanna - Hard to place, but would likely end up neutral. Granted their standing in the magic community, and their secret meetings with other magic users, they would certainly join the same side. I leaned on pro because in the Batman/Superman arc that became the Public Enemies animated movie, Marvel was working with Luthor against Batman and Superman. Zatanna also uses her real name and has no mask, and MANY people within the government know her identity. They may well choose to remain neutral from the fight to keep magic from the public, or embrace it and come out. But they'd be more pro than anti.

Hawkman - I'm not sure how he'd feel about it ideologically. But, again, he worked with Luthor in Public Enemies as well. I also know that he is politically the opposite of Green Arrow, who would be SUPER Anti. So I figure he'd probably fall on the pro-side. Compared to other heroes, he also doesn't have much to lose or worry about by going public.

Aquaman - He would likely play it neutral, but in his mind, I'm sure he'd be pro-registration. Seeing it as a KING, I think he'd be inclined to support the government and what they think is right.

Anti-Reg

Batman - I don't think this even needs to be justified. Clearly, he'd be the leader of the anti-registration movement.

Green Arrow - Right behind batman. They are very similar in their views and styles, and would certainly see this as a dangerous step by the government, and Ollie would additionally see it as a huge infringement of the Government's authority.

Hal Jordan - As mentioned, he has a huge problem with authority. I can see him standing on he anti-reg side on principle alone, as unlike Arrow and Batman, it doesn't keep him or loved ones safe by being anonymous (all of the corps and his enemies know who he is, and most know Carol is a star sapphire). So Hal would probably do it just because he's a stubborn opinionated ass. Kyle Rayner would do it to protect loved ones.

Nightwing and Red Robin - They'd obviously follow suit with Batman. As part of his army and ideologically similar, they'd follow their leader into battle. While both were a little more nonchalant about revealing their identities than batman, they still strive to be secretive. I figure the whole bat family would join in on this side. Definitely Red Hood, Catwoman, and Batwoman. Barbara Gordon may be conflicted.

Bane - No one really knows him, I don't see how villains would play anyway. He's an anonymous mercenary to most, and has no need to play a part unless he is paid to. But even then, he'd play to his advantage, and if he lied about his identity, no one would even know. Hell, BANE is basically who he is. There's not even a need to be secretive. But he'd likely side with the Bats if he had to choose.

Wonder Woman - Can swing either way. But she supports freedom and may see it as an infringement of rights.

Superboy - A reluctant fighter who may well be neutral. The public would have a hard time handling his identity and origin, and I figure he'd side with the titans. With his best friend being Red Robin and (I figure) Superman staying out of the fight, I think he'd opt for Anti.

Neutral

Martian Manhunter - I think it's obvious. He's a martian, it's not really his fight. At best, he's an ambassador to this world. He likes to stay out of Human affairs of this kind, anyway.

Superman - I figure he'd play the boy scout and see the merits to both sides. He'd try to stay neutral, and encourage as much peaceful resolution as possible. He would also not be inclined to fight any of his friends. If he was pushed and forced to intervene, though, I think that he'd go anti. While he has his own powerful morals, he will never do anything to compromise lois, and I see the whole ordeal starting with Luthor trying to find a way to hurt Superman. Supes would catch on, not want to jeopardize Lois or his family, and join the rest of the Trinity on the Anti-Side.

Ra's Al Ghul - Ra's is seldom even in America, and he would not be at all interested in the ordeal. He has bigger issues to worry about.

Harvey Dent - He'd play it however he best benefited. He'd have no place in fighting, but would capitalize on weaknesses in the underworld scene that may occur as a result of the battling.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jorgevy

@serpent222: I know, I was saying it wouldnt go Civil War as in the crossover event, not an actual civil war. it will probably be about some sort of civil war among supers, most likely with an opressive side (supes and wondie) and a rebellion led by bats with luthor in the sidelines

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Lvenger

It would take up too much space to list all of my choices for my Civil War list so I'll just summarise it with the bigger players of Pro Reg, Anti Reg and neutral if push came to shove and DC's superheroes did engage in Civil War.

Pro Reg:

• Hal Jordan - Serves the Tony Stark role. Whilst not completely certain about the Superhuman Registration Act, he reluctantly serves as the leader of the Pro Registration side. Kyle, Guy and John support him
  • Barry Allen - A reluctant member of the Pro Registration side, Barry sides with Hal out of friendship. Whilst he may be used to taking orders being a forensic scientist, he feels sympathy for the friends he has to now fight. Serves in Hank Pym's role. Brings Flash family with him
  • Billy Batson - Young, naieve and optimistic, Billy Batson has sided with the government before when he along with Hawkman attempted to capture Superman and Batman. Billy decides to trust the Wisdom of Solomon and join the government once again.
  • Mr Terrific - Serves in Mr Fantastic's role. After extensive calculations, Mr Terrific concludes that superheroes will eventually engage in an all out war with the government unless a Superhuman Registration Act is put into place.
  • Amanda Waller - Already works for the government so plays an important role in supporting the Registration Act. Brings Checkmate and Suicide Squad with her
  • Lex Luthor - Seeing the Superhuman Registration Act as a means of obtaining power and an edge against his archnemesis Superman, Luthor supports the Pro Reg side, bringing technology and weapons provided by the company in the fight to uphold national security.

Anti Reg:

• Batman - The ultimate loner and street hero, Batman looks at the Superhuman Registration Act with contempt. Working for the government means forgoing his duties to Gotham as its Dark Knight. Serves in Captain America role as leader of the Anti Registration side. Most of the Batman family support him on Anti Reg side
  • Wonder Woman - Being aware of the ugly side of Man's World, Wonder Woman would not see any benefit of joining the Pro Registration. Diana joins the Anti Registration serving in the role of Luke Cage.
  • Aquaman - Already resentful of surface dwellers, Aquaman sees the act as another way of polluting the world so joins the Anti Registration side.
  • Green Arrow - A loner hero, Green Arrow does not even care to consider joining the Pro Reg side as he sees it as a way of distancing himself from the people he is trying to protect. Oliver opts for the Anti Reg side instead.
  • Geo-Force - Joining the Pro Registration would mean that Geo Force would have to answer to a higher authority, something that as King, he cannot abide. Geo Force declares Markovia a Pro Registration free zone, making it the perfect base for the Anti Registration forces.
  • Black Canary - As leader of the Birds of Prey and street hero, Dinah joins the Anti Registration to uphold the individual integrety of street heroes such as herself.

Neutral:

• Superman - Now I know what you're thinking. Why isn't Superman on the Pro or Anti Reg side? And it's true he could be on the Pro Reg side due to stories such as the Dark Knight Returns where he works for the American Government and Kingdom Come where Superman took action into his own hands by forcibly recruiting the world's metahumans. Likewise, he could also be on the Anti Reg side due to the restriction on personal liberties and the danger he could be bringing to his loved ones. However, in my opinion, Superman wouldn't pick a side. He'd stay neutral in the affair. He wouldn't agree with the action the government is taking by recruiting superheroes but because he stands for the 'American Way', he wouldn't fight the change either. He'd stay neutral in the affair and help out with civilain casualties, similar to his role in War of The Supermen. Serves in the role of the Thing.
  • Supergirl - Despite her sympathy for her friends in the Anti Registration and her desire to join the Anti Reg side, Kara listens to her cousin and remains neutral.
  • Martian Manhunter - Not wishing to be a part of the possible destruction of another world he loves, J'onn stays neutral in the affair.
colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By colonyofcells

I like to see Lex Luthor & government vs the super heroes. In New 52, the government has lots of groups like Checkmate, Blackhawks, Freedom Fighters, Suicide Squad, meta marines, black razors, etc. who can kill illegal vigilante and terrorist super heroes.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nickthedevil

Flash wouldn't be pro-reg. in fact, i'm pretty sure that over 80% of all heroes and villains would be anti. DC superheroes aren't like A-holes.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By colonyofcells

I think it would be fun to see the government turn against all super heroes like what happened in Watchmen.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Remember when Lex Luthor was president, and made Superman and Batman outlaws, and some of the heroes were on his side like Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, Hawkman etc? I believe it would play out that way, many of the heroes in DC would be Anti registration, but those who chose Luthor, I could also see being Pro Registration.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Teerack

@The Stegman: The only reason Superman wasn't cool with it because it was Luthor. In earth 31 where basically the same thing happened Superman had no problem taking orders from the president.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Teerack said:

@The Stegman: The only reason Superman wasn't cool with it because it was Luthor. In earth 31 where basically the same thing happened Superman had no problem taking orders from the president.

That was just Frank Miller's interpretation of Superman, and frankly, I think he did that just to have him fight (and lose to) Batman. Regardless of whether it's Luthor, or any other leader, I don't think Superman would sign up to something that could potentially put his loved ones or other's loved ones in danger, I think he'd either be Anti Registration, or neutral. 
xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xybernauts

@The Stegman said:

@Teerack said:

That was just Frank Miller's interpretation of Superman, and frankly, I think he did that just to have him fight (and lose to) Batman. Regardless of whether it's Luthor, or any other leader, I don't think Superman would sign up to something that could potentially put his loved ones or other's loved ones in danger, I think he'd either be Anti Registration, or neutral.

I agree, that's what I was thinking. Technically he's the poster boy for secret identities. Also he doesn't seem to have a problem breaking vigilante laws so I don't think being anti-reg is a stretch. The old Superman might have enforced the law, but I think the new Superman would fight it.

@nickthedevil said:

Flash wouldn't be pro-reg. in fact, i'm pretty sure that over 80% of all heroes and villains would be anti. DC superheroes aren't like A-holes.

Why does everyone think someone who hides his identity would be pro-reg?

DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DaAwesome2

Batman is the posterboy for anti reg. That we know for sure. Bat family will fall in line with Bruce. I think Wonder Woman will be on Bats team. Also anyone down with Green Arrow (except Hal Jordan) will likely be anti reg.

All the GL's will def be on Pro registration side as will pretty much any hero that has had a military/law enforcement affliation (except Nightwing, wasn't he a cop for Bludhaven) Lex is def gonna be pro reg (gotta look good for the public and all). The choirboy types like Captain Marvel will be on govts side too.

Supes will either be pro reg or neutral.If he remains neutral, Lex will try to spin it to make it look like Supes isn't with them so he's against them.

I think Manhunter will be neutral. I don't know where Flash will fall.

DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DaAwesome2

@Dernman: They don't know that Supes has a secret identity tho. They just think he's Kal El and also uses the name Superman.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dernman
@DaAwesome2: But Superman does know and that's what matters
DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DaAwesome2

@Dernman:

That's cool and all. But him registering doesn't put his adopted family at risk as, again the records will just have him listed as Kal El with Supergirl being his family. I don't know if SuperBoy in new 52 is still a clone of him and Luthor. If he is, then yeah..count him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dernman
@DaAwesome2 said:

@Dernman:

That's cool and all. But him registering doesn't put his adopted family at risk as, again the records will just have him listed as Kal El with Supergirl being his family. I don't know if SuperBoy in new 52 is still a clone of him and Luthor. If he is, then yeah..count him.

It does put them at risk because he would have to tell them who he really is if he was really Pro Reg. If he doesn't then he's not really pro reg or supporting it and being hypercritical for making others live up to it when he's not.   Superman knows systems like that can be abused and a Reg thing is the type of thing Luthor would go for control.
Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Backflip

@Lvenger said:

Not to brag or anything but I made a list on this topic ages ago. Here's who I would put in the Pro Reg, Anti Reg and neutral sides:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/lvenger/dc-civil-war-lineup/75-18046/

Came in with the sole intention of posting a link to that :P

But yeah, as I see it

Pro Reg.

• Hal Jordan (Tony Stark Role)
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Flash (Wally West) (Would later defect)
  • Kyle Rayner (Would definitely defect)
  • Mr Terrific
  • John Stewart
  • Guy Gardner
  • Captain Marvel
  • Freedy Freeman
  • Mary Marvel
  • Jay Garrick
  • Alan Scott
  • Obsidian
  • Jade (Might defect)
  • Jessie Quick
  • Hourman
  • Cyclone
  • Captain Atom
  • Major Force
  • Hawkman
  • Hawkgirl
  • Amanda Waller
  • Checkmate
  • Suicide Squad
  • Manhunter
  • Guardian
  • Cyborg
  • Steel
  • Booster Gold
  • Fire
  • Ice
  • Magog
  • The Rogues
  • Great Ten
  • Super Young Team

Anti Reg.

• Batman (Captain America Role)
  • Wonder Woman (Luke Cage Role)
  • Green Arrow (Iron Fist Role)
  • Black Canary
  • Geo-Force
  • Nightwing
  • Wally West (Defector from Pro-Reg) (Invisible Woman)
  • Kyle Rayner (Defector from Pro-Reg) (Human Torch)
  • Super Girl
  • Uncle Sam
  • Batgirl
  • Red Robin
  • Black Bat
  • Batgirl (Stephanie Brown)
  • Catwoman
  • Huntress
  • Powergirl
  • Zatana
  • Black Lightning
  • Katana
  • Dr. Midnite
  • Red Tornado
  • Beast Boy
  • Raven
  • Arsenal
  • Starfire
  • Tempest
  • Superboy
  • Wonder Girl
  • Kid-Flash
  • Blue Beetle
  • Static
  • Freedom Fighters
  • Doom Patrol
  • Outsiders
  • Birds of Prey

Neutral

• Superman
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Doctor Fate
DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DaAwesome2

@Dernman:

He already got exposed as a hypocrite when the White Martian assumed Bruce Wayne's identity. At the end of the whole thing, Supes blasted Batman. Basically said if he had trusted his teammates with his secret identity they could've avoided the problem. Bruce basically told Superman if you want to play that game, let's do it. But you reveal your secret to them first. Supes left it alone after that.

So, I don't think he would see any conflict with him not telling them about Clark Kent. It would take someone like Batman to tell him "Ey, Clark, you bein' a hypocrite".

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dernman
@DaAwesome2 said:

@Dernman:

He already got exposed as a hypocrite when the White Martian assumed Bruce Wayne's identity. At the end of the whole thing, Supes blasted Batman. Basically said if he had trusted his teammates with his secret identity they could've avoided the problem. Bruce basically told Superman if you want to play that game, let's do it. But you reveal your secret to them first. Supes left it alone after that.

So, I don't think he would see any conflict with him not telling them about Clark Kent. It would take someone like Batman to tell him "Ey, Clark, you bein' a hypocrite".

Actually not because the JLA are all friends and not the government. It's an entirely different situation. Not only that but when Batman called him out on it Superman saw it for what it was. 
EDIT: Not to mention other then finding out the identities of for himself only he has always been respectful of revealing those identities to others.
DaAwesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DaAwesome2

Oh, no doubt it's different than revealing yourself to the govt. On that we agree. I'm on the fence as far as Supes being Pro reg or neutral tho. He would play the role Ben Grimm initially did. Ben wasn't gonna fight his govt but he def wasn't fighting his friends either.

I can't see him taking sides against the govt. The only reason he and Batman did it back in the day was because it was Luthor who was in power. If Pete Ross (Lana's husband) was in power, I think Clark would've turned himself over in that arc. In which case there wouldn't be an arc. LOL But I digress. I think Supes would be either neutral or pro reg.