DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@mrtummytumms: And it still didn't save it...

I was talking about MoS, which gave us a superman which was far off the source material. That's not the issue though, it's that Snyder tried a new angle on Superman, but failed to innovate the character.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@themetalgearzero: hey bro. since when do you have a monoply on cinematic universe threads?

I'm calling hte right to make the CW-verse thread which I will do in the upcoming weeks.

I don't have Monopoly on universe threads... there simply isn't a DC Cinematic Universe thread and I thought I'd make one...

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#155  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@themetalgearzero: no nothing wrong with that. I just call the right to make the CW one :p

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I agree and the point 2 is a BIG PROBLEM with characters like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern. The truth is Warner Bros with MOS wanted a new Dark Knight Trilogy but with Superman. When they understood no one likes Superman they decided to build a DC cinematic universe. I think with Superman Warner could have made a great action movie, something much colored with a lot of spectacular fights like Dragon Ball (that is practically the asian Superman).

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Moul

@mrnoital: I think it's obvious we will never have a Flash movie

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159  Edited By Mrnoital
Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital:Flash has his own tv series and the tv universe is separated from the cinematic universe

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: yeah, it's separate, so how does that stop the cinematic universe having their own version

if the tv show does well then they're even more likely to make a flash movie where they can usually cash in more

besides, the tv version is much younger than Affleck or Cavil, having someone a bit older like Neil Patrick Harris would be perfect for the role in the cinematic universe

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: But if they really want to make a Flash movie (or trilogy) why accepted the idea of the tv series? Flash isn't a well known character like Superman or Batman. The general public knows his powers, but not his story and his enemies and it would be too much confusing have two versions of the same character in the same period. I am sure Flash and Green Lantern will not appear in the Justice League movie. There are already Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and maybe Shazam

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Mrnoital

@moul: I really don't see why it would be confusing to have 2 very different actors play the same character in different points in his career

kinda like how superman returns came out at the same time that smallville was at its most popular

and once again, the tv show would get more knowledge about him out and would actually help when trying to get a movie out

besides the poorly written movie there's no reason green lantern can't get a movie either, they just made a poor effort before, barely any constructs and the effects made everything look shiny, they can make a great one, and GL is one of their flagship, only batman and superman have as many titles based on them

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@victorgrey: Watchmen was considered a really good movie by a lot of people. I would have to disagree with it being far from the source material. Mos was pretty much the Superman that we're getting now from DC.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Smallville and Superman Returns is a bad example because the kryptonian is a well known character. Now the question is: why the Warner hired actors for Cyborg, Aquaman and for Shazam and didn't do the same for Flash and Green Lantern? I mean, these two are supposed to be more important but they aren't in the cast. Why? I think the answer is pretty obvious

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: I think Flash will pop up eventually.

Beata

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@moul: Flash hasn't been officially announced, but based on that photo of Scoot Mcnairy with green tights from his knees down, I'd say that he'll be announced as the Flash in the coming weeks.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: I don't think Scoot Mcnairy will be the Flash. He has dark hair while Flash could be only blond (Barry) or red (Wally).

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: I agree the Flash should have blonde hair, but if that logic was applied, Jason Mamoa couldn't be Aquaman...but he is...soo

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

@eyedcyou: I don't think Scoot Mcnairy will be the Flash. He has dark hair while Flash could be only blond (Barry) or red (Wally).

This... McNairy as flash sounds awful... that'd be the worst casting since Batman and Robin... BATMAN AND ROBIN!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Mrnoital

@moul: most movies are still over 2 years away and they want the best choices, and they might not be cast for the bats v supes cause they both are characters that would need to be done right with their introduction and origins, and arent just being shoved into the first movie just cause

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Plus he has not the "physique du role"

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: @moul: Hey I'm not saying he's my first choice to play Barry, but it looks like it might be him based on that photo we saw. My biggest pet peeve on here is when people criticize casting choices before we even see the movie. If it ends up being him, give him a chance at least.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: I think he will play Metallo and will lose his legs in that scene

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By EyeDCyou
Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should adapt more Vertigo stories for the movies.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadgod: We should be getting a Sandman movie!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mos needed to made 700 millions to start this universe.

The reason we got Batman back was MOS failed.

It made 664 millions.

Captain America 2 did more money.

Why did MoS need to make 700 million? Where are you getting this number from? Iron Man made less than MoS and it started the MCU....Cap 2 made more money but it's also a sequel and it's coming off the tail end of Avengers. MoS was coming from Superman Returns....big difference....I wouldn't say it was a failure either. While it didn't win any Oscars, the general fan consensus was good. The average movie-goer actually liked the movie, whereas the comic book fan consensus was divided. As for the reviewers, how much can you really trust them? Most have it out for Snyder anyways and the large majority are over 50 still stuck in in the Donner era. Also, you also don't know the reason we have Batman in this movie. You're just speculating. It's all the more likely that Batman was always planned to make an appearance before MoS2 happened.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#179  Edited By DrF8

It's completly normal that we are getting Batman in the upcoming movie. If DC wants to make a Cinematic Universe then they have to have batman in it. It's one of the most popular characters on our planet.

I would really like to see a GREEN LANTERN movie. But a good one. Cause the one we got is a joke. Barry Sonnenfeld or George Miller as director...

Also i would really apreciate a FLASH movie.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: Who could be the villain in a Flash movie?

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: Maybe Zoom, Grodd or CapCold. Although Grodd could look ridiculous ( i would want to see him ) and almost nobody would know CapCold ( he is not a very popular character ). Flash and Zoom could make a lot of cool fight scenes or chase scenes.

Or DC could just do the freaking Flashpoint! I mean a live-action Flashpoint.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: Grodd is a cool character and stuff...and now after the talking racoon he wouldn't actually look so ridiculous...

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@drfate: Grodd could work in live action if they use some Planet of the apes style effects for him.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: yeah, that would look cool. But if they would give him even more human face. Like: a big Gorilla with a half monkey half human face.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: I've just started a new topic in the DC forum about who could be the villains in a Flash trilogy.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By DrF8

@moul: can you post a link Please?

The link to your new thread

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Moul

http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/4010-10/forums/which-villains-would-you-see-in-a-flash-trilogy-1596651/#0

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: it doesn't work. Your link doesn't work.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: A man with super speed dressed with a red costume with yellow boots and thunders on ears vs a super smart gorilla...........really???

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: yeah, really. Flash is great. Grodd is cool. After the talking racoon and the new planet of the apes...Grodd can become a good movie vilain.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@eyedcyou said:

@yung_ancient_one: A lot of people wish the Nolan trilogy was attached, but it's too late for that. These universes are thought up long before the films come out (Marvel knew their whole plan by the time Iron Man 1 came out.) And they made the lantern movie as a stand alone, just like Marvel made Daredevil, not everything has to run together. I don't think DC always wants to do the opposite of Marvel, that's ridiculous. I just don't think that they want to do the exact same thing as Marvel. I like the way they are setting up their universe, and I just get upset when people are displeased with the fact that it isn't exactly like the Marvel plan.

I. Daredevil (DD) is not a Marvel movie. Marvel did not own the rights to do a DD films. That example is invalid. Every single film Marvel Studio's has done by themselves is part of the cinematic universe. They barely got the rights back.

II. I can agree that it is "too late" because the BvS film is coming out in 2 years. However, the story of Batman coming out of retirement makes perfect sense with the Nolan Trilogy ending. The same way Marvel changed Edward Norton for Mark Ruffalo can be done by DC. Detective Comic (comics) can make a change of Christian Bale for Ben Affleck. I can see BvS explaining how Batman retired and was presumed dead and that Jon "Robin" Blake is running the Son's of Batman. I can see them explaining Catwoman dying or breaking up with Bats.

I think the story can definitely fit but it probably is "too late."

III. I feel like your getting too worked up on the term "opposite." Opposite does not always mean bad. Hot and Cold are opposites of each other which is better is subjective.

And, it isn't "ridiculous" to think that DC is doing the opposite of Marvel. Marvel made 5 separate films before making a "joined sequel" if you will. Marvel's The Avengers has characters from 3-5 different films coming together. The Marvel Cinematic Universe exist because of The Avengers. DC does not have a cinematic universe yet because they have not done an movie film where other separate films are connected to it.

What DC is showing us that they want to do is make Dawn of Justice an Avenger's like film where we get to see 3-5 different characters who will spin off with their own solo films, and that is the exact opposite of Marvel.

Marvel made the solo films first and then put them together. DC is showing us they will put them together first and then make solo films it is the opposite; however that does not mean it is a bad thing. (+)

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@moul: didn't stop Marvel from making a movie about a talking Racoon with a gun.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one:

Batman v. Superman isn't set in the same universe as The Dark Knight trilogy... why are you assuming that it is and that they'll fill the gaps and answer why everyone thought that Bruce was dead?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@yung_ancient_one: You just said exactly what I said...just longer.

No Caption Provided

And they made the lantern movie as a stand alone, just like Marvel made Daredevil, not everything has to run together. I don't think DC always wants to do the opposite of Marvel, that's ridiculous.

I. Daredevil (DD) is not a Marvel movie. Marvel did not own the rights to do a DD films. That example is invalid. Every single film Marvel Studio's has done by themselves is part of the cinematic universe. They barely got the rights back.

II. Marvel made the solo films first and then put them together. DC is showing us they will put them together first and then make solo films which is the opposite; however that does not mean it is a bad thing.

Not the same thing but whatever. (+)

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one:

Batman v. Superman isn't set in the same universe as The Dark Knight trilogy... why are you assuming that it is and that they'll fill the gaps and answer why everyone thought that Bruce was dead?

I made no such assumptions. Read closer. I posted they CAN fit the trilogy but it is "too late." I'm claiming it can fit but not claiming that they will. There is a difference.

THanks for reading.

(+)

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#198  Edited By stormshadow_x

@captainmarvel4ever:

The only great Marvel Movies are the First Ironman and The Winter Soldier. The Rest were either meh, bad or overrated and are not that good of films. Avengers was a OK movie. Nothing spectacular. The best part was the set up. the movie itself was ok. The last Two Ironman aren't that good and don't live up too the first. Both The First Captain America and Thor felt like they were just made for Building up the Avengers hype and neither were above a 6/10. GOTG was a fun film. But it's not the masterpiece people are claiming it to be. The Comedy at the times felt out of place. The Best character was Groot and the plot has been done before.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: I didn't know the thing about Daredevil, but I've been saying this entire time that I don't think either company had a bad approach to their universes, I like how Marvel did it, and I also like how DC is planning on doing it. You keep trying to make it sound like I'm insinuating that you think that DC is doing it wrong because they aren't doing it the same as Marvel. Your entire post was basically proving that DC doing the opposite of Marvel is not a bad thing, but I never said it was. I actually prefer DC's approach because of how their universe is set up in the New 52. And also, I never said that DC doing the opposite of Marvel is ridiculous. I said that the idea that DC always wants to do the opposite of Marvel is ridiculous...

Also, you don't need to refer to DC as Detective Comics. We all know what it stands for and it isn't making you appear any more knowledgeable.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever:

The only great Marvel Movies are the First Ironman and The Winter Soldier. The Rest were either meh, bad or overrated and are not that good of films. Avengers was a OK movie. Nothing spectacular. The best part was the set up. the movie itself was ok. The last Two Ironman aren't that good and don't live up too the first. Both The First Captain America and Thor felt like they were just made for Building up the Avengers hype and neither were above a 6/10. GOTG was a fun film. But it's not the masterpiece people are claiming it to be. The Comedy at the times felt out of place. The Best character was Groot and the plot has been done before.

This. I agree with this combination of words.