Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@saint_wildcard said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@saint_wildcard said:

They beat them in hype, but in movie quality it is very very clear who is currently producing better films. (or as of right now, producing films period)

And yet all that quality still didn't win them comic con. People are exited for BvS and a Justice League movie. In 5 years the tables will have turned, believe it,

Who cares if it makes money, I want a good film.

I do, good films that fail to make money, fail to get sequels and ruin good people in them.

Bad movies that make money, even when the people in them suck, will keep making movies.

No one is giving you their money, so you do what you want, because of art.

Nolan and Bay can do what ever they want based on the fact they have made billions.

Its about money, if Batman v Superman fail to make 1 billion bucks, DC cinematic universe is doom, since it means people is sick of Batman and didnt liked MOS.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@saint_wildcard said:

They beat them in hype, but in movie quality it is very very clear who is currently producing better films. (or as of right now, producing films period)

And yet all that quality still didn't win them comic con. People are exited for BvS and a Justice League movie. In 5 years the tables will have turned, believe it,

Who cares if it makes money, I want a good film.

I do, good films that fail to make money, fail to get sequels and ruin good people in them.

Bad movies that make money, even when the people in them suck, will keep making movies.

No one is giving you their money, so you do what you want, because of art.

Nolan and Bay can do what ever they want based on the fact they have made billions.

Its about money, if Batman v Superman fail to make 1 billion bucks, DC cinematic universe is doom, since it means people is sick of Batman and didnt liked MOS.

If it's a bad film I'm sure it will fail, which is good because after MOS I don't want to see a franchise built on bad films. It will be Bay's Transformers all over again.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@saint_wildcard:

You were disappointed by The Winter Soldier, Avengers, GOTG and Iron Man 3? Wow... I feel sorry for you, man. I kid, I kid, Lol. Although I wish you could've enjoyed the films more.

First of all, Iron Man 3? It was pretty much hated by most of us. The only two Marvel movies I've loved were Captain America 1 & 2 and Iron Man 1. The rest are pretty much rank from Meh to good. I like villains dude, and Marvel just lacks great ones.

Well that's quite a shame, because for the most part they go out of their way to please us fans, and have changed the way movies are made because of it.

They need better villains and more interesting stories. The only thing they have mastered is comedy which has gotten annoying since the Avengers.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

\

If it's a bad film I'm sure it will fail, which is good because after MOS I don't want to see a franchise built on bad films. It will be Bay's Transformers all over again.

BvS won't fail. So you just gotta deal with it.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's quite a shame, because for the most part they go out of their way to please us fans, and have changed the way movies are made because of it.

They need better villains and more interesting stories. The only thing they have mastered is comedy which has gotten annoying since the Avengers.

The villains may not be the best but they have had some good ones. Other then that there is really nothing else we can complain about as fans when the characters look and act like they do in the comics (with the occasional exception).

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

Um... no - Iron Man 3 wasn't hated by most of "us" - it was high rated and redeemed the second film, man...

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By dimitridkatsis

It looks like it's gonna suck, they have no idea what they want to do or respect for who the characters are.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

\

BvS won't fail. So you just gotta deal with it.

I know it's already making a ton of money, I'm just hoping it will be good as well. After MOS, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex and TDKR, DC desperately needs a win. If not, I hope they know when to quit.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

Um... no - Iron Man 3 wasn't hated by most of "us" - it was high rated and redeemed the second film, man...

What have you been smoking? You must have missed the non stop trash threads about IM3. Cus like I said about bad movies in my MoS celebration thread, bad movies get trashed and we moved on. But trust me, I was there.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like it's gonna suck, they have no idea what they want to do or respect for who the characters are.

As of far, there isn't a single indication of this film sucking or a lack of disrespect for the characters... and controversial castings have proved us wrong several times, Lol.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@saint_wildcard:

Actually a lot of people don't like it. To be honest, it's the one Marvel Studios film I didn't like. However it's not universally hated either.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@saint_wildcard:

Actually a lot of people don't like it. To be honest, it's the one Marvel Studios film I didn't like. However it's not universally hated either.

Wow... I never noticed that... I loved it.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@saint_wildcard:

What have you been smoking? You must have missed the non stop trash threads about IM3. Cus like I said about bad movies in my MoS celebration thread, bad movies get trashed and we moved on. But trust me, I was there.

Geez, Wildcard, calm down... :P

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: Well to each his own. Personally I liked Iron Man 2 even though everyone else hated it. I consider it a guilty pleasure.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: Well to each his own. Personally I liked Iron Man 2 even though everyone else hated it. I consider it a guilty pleasure.

Dude - I completely agree there. I actually enjoyed it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where were you when Zack Snyder called a radio station and took to task the DJ's for dissing Aquaman?

Geez, Wildcard, calm down... :P

Didn't realize that was an insult. I wasn't dissing your taste in movies but the fact that you don't think other people hated the movie or missed out on all the threads about it.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheMetalGearZero
No Caption Provided

What are your guys thoughts on the new set photos of Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@deathpoolthet1000: lol MOS did not fail at all ,they did extremely well, compare it to any other origin film and you will see. Cap2 was a sequel and it barely passed 700M, while MOS is an origin movie that made 668M. MOS did make more than Cap domestically, if that's not a win idk what is.

That's not the reason Batman was brought in, they needed something that was better than Zod and the genocide of the entire human race, so they thought Batman. Snyder explained why they went with Batman and it wasn't because MOS failed.

Where did you get 700M from? Just because Cap2 made 700M, and that MOS didn't it failed?

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

What have you been smoking is an insult - and I'm new to these forums... whatever, though :P Sorry - I tend to take things really personally.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What are your guys thoughts on the new set photos of Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne?

I'm guessing that's him during his retirement.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:
No Caption Provided

I'm guessing that's him during his retirement.

He looks pathetic for Bruce, Lol!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was a drunk in TDKR during his retirement.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@ccraft said:

@deathpoolthet1000: lol MOS did not fail at all ,they did extremely well, compare it to any other origin film and you will see. Cap2 was a sequel and it barely passed 700M, while MOS is an origin movie that made 668M. MOS did make more than Cap domestically, if that's not a win idk what is.

That's not the reason Batman was brought in, they needed something that was better than Zod and the genocide of the entire human race, so they thought Batman. Snyder explained why they went with Batman and it wasn't because MOS failed.

Where did you get 700M from? Just because Cap2 made 700M, and that MOS didn't it failed?

Oh look the box office logic again, guess this

No Caption Provided

pales in comparison to Man of Steel, Citizen Cane too am I right oh enlightened ones?

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

Wow... in all seriousness? He looks like an alcoholic.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Although I don't think BvS superman is balls to the wall amazing, I really hope it's really good. If it is, It'll open up doors for a lot of new movies. Also, I hope Supes has a sense of humor in it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Wow... in all seriousness? He looks like an alcoholic.

You really need to watch and or read the comic book dude. But yes, what happened in MoS gives him a wake up call and forces him to put on the cowl again.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder is just as big a nerd as any of us (his Aquaman comments prove it). Snyder will make it look amazing, all he needs is a good script.

I like the optimism. Keep doing good things, Wildcard.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

I'll pick up TDKR ^^ All I've read is The Court of Owls/Night of Owls., Justice League Origins, Night Wing and some of the Flash.. and they were all awesome... for the most part.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

I'll pick up TDKR ^^ All I've read is The Court of Owls/Night of Owls., Justice League Origins, Night Wing and some of the Flash.. and they were all awesome... for the most part.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA knew you were a noob

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

Snyder is just as big a nerd as any of us (his Aquaman comments prove it). Snyder will make it look amazing, all he needs is a good script.

I like the optimism. Keep doing good things, Wildcard.

I hope I can keep it up for the next year and a half.... but I think once trailers start coming out that will keep me going.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

The WB said Man of Steel had to made 700 millions so they start the cinematic universe.

Man of Steel budget was huge 225 millions, it failed to make as much money as they hope it would.

Then there is the 150 million that Marketing take.

So the final budget was 375 millions.

Another thing the commercial deals, no one give you their money if the movie isnt huge enough, Mos won money for everybody, but not as much as it should.

No one cares if Cap 2 was a sequel, Superman is bigger that him, they put Nolan name in it and still lose.

The budget was 170, its obvious they spend less in marketing, so it must be that the total budget must be around the 250 to 300.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@saint_wildcard:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA knew you were a troll...

Comment flagged.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@saint_wildcard:

Comment flagged.

Oh please sucker everybody and their momma read TDKR I ain't flagging no kids though don't worry

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@dimitridkatsis said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@saint_wildcard:

Comment flagged.

Oh please sucker everybody and their momma read TDKR I ain't flagging no kids though don't worry

Oh, no - I flagged your comments.

Taking this to the mods, man...

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@dimitridkatsis said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@saint_wildcard:

Comment flagged.

Can't find a good gif but fyi I'm like really scared and sh!t

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@dimitridkatsis said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@dimitridkatsis said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@saint_wildcard:

Comment flagged.

Can't find a good gif but fyi I'm like really scared and sh!t

Oh, okay - whatever, I just PM'd them. I really don't like doing stuff like this, man... but I'm just gonna ignore your posts from here on.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Your forgetting the money they made from the Walmart early screening, and that they paid more than half of the budget with product placement.

Still Cap2 had the previous MCU movies behind it, MOS had TDK trilogy if you want count that.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

Oh look the box office logic again, guess this

No Caption Provided

pales in comparison to Man of Steel, Citizen Cane too am I right oh enlightened ones?

Did I say MOS was better than Cap2 because it made more money? I don't think I did. Take your ignorant comments else where, thank you. Fyi I enjoyed Fight Club more than MOS.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grounded in reality is better than completely eschewing reality, otherwise the serious scenes and tension don't matter and are just padding for more spectacle

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft pardon but I see some comment starting with how much money a movie made well I don't think it's a way to make an argument.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Your forgetting the money they made from the Walmart early screening, and that they paid more than half of the budget with product placement.

Still Cap2 had the previous MCU movies behind it, MOS had TDK trilogy if you want count that.

The problem is based on the fact Mos needed to be a bigger movie, Wall Mart didn give them money for no reason.

They wanted to make money from Mos, that is how this movies work.

Star Wars prequels always got their budget back before they hit the theaters, but people buy the toys, buy the food, buy everything Star Wars related, it was money for everybody.

Blockbusters dont have only to make box office money today.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: Well I like MOS better than Cap2, but not because it made more money domestically. The guy earlier was comparing box office numbers, so I brought up that little fact. Sorry for the confusion.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: It was big enough to spawn a sequel and the DCCU, so it did good either way.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@deathpoolthet1000: It was big enough to spawn a sequel and the DCCU, so it did good either way.

That too is correct ^^

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

It did?

See the name.

Batman v Superman, there is a reason isnt called World Finest or Superman v Batman o Man of Steel 2.

Batman is the first name, the publicity revolves around Batman and most of the images you can see online are about Batman.

They plan new Batman movies.

They are using Batman name, Wall Mart, McDonalds and the rest are going to be more open to make deals with Batman that with Superman and the other DC characters.

It didnt build trust in DC, that is the reason Batman is back.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: It's a title to a movie, of course they going to use "Batman" "v" "Superman" "Dawn" "of" "Justice" it might not be the best sounding title, but it's going to get asses into seats. This isn't necessarily a sequel, I forgot, Snyder or someone else said it wasn't a MOS sequel. World Finest isn't the greatest title for a film either, it doesn't have "Batman" or "Superman" in the title.

And Snyder also said this isn't a straight up vs movie, that's why it's called Batman v Superman.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: But why not to call it Superman v Batman?

Why is Batman name first, why most of the marketing is made around him?

Batman = TDK and TDKR = over 2 billion bucks.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Because it's Batman, would I like to see Supes name in front? Yh, but this isn't my movie, and I don't really mind because Batman is my favorite cb character. I just want to see the movie do well and have a good time watching it.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100  Edited By Mrnoital

@deathpoolthet1000: Maybe they are using the V literally as in a court case

that would indicate Batman is suing Superman