impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By impossibilly

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

I think if they're willing to have some voting for characters, they maybe should have given the readers some more say than just one piece. I'm seeing quite a few complaints about the set having too many Superman characters.

I understand that complaint. Like Batman, the Superman characters probably could have been stretched out into their own set.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@impossibilly said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

I think if they're willing to have some voting for characters, they maybe should have given the readers some more say than just one piece. I'm seeing quite a few complaints about the set having too many Superman characters.

I understand that complaint. Like Batman, the Superman characters probably could have been stretched out into their own set.

Maybe they were planning a Superman set, but changed the plan at some point, after having already designed several Superman pieces.

Considering it's supposed to be New 52 based, the white side should probably contain all of the members of The Justice League and Justice League Of America, minus Catwoman and Katana.

I think that would be Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Hal Jordan, Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, Shazam!, Martian Manhunter, Simon Baz, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Stargirl and Vibe, plus two others. Actually, if the did include Catwoman and Katana, that would make up the whole white side, and be a perfect New 52 Justice League side.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By impossibilly

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

Considering it's supposed to be New 52 based, the white side should probably contain all of the members of The Justice League and Justice League Of America, minus Catwoman and Katana.

I think that would be Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Hal Jordan, Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, Shazam!, Martian Manhunter, Simon Baz, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Stargirl and Vibe, plus two others. Actually, if the did include Catwoman and Katana, that would make up the whole white side, and be a perfect New 52 Justice League side.

You're right, they do have the numbers for a perfect JL/JLA New 52 set. It would have been very cool if they went that route.

Then again, that would have meant no Zatanna for me.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

You're right, they do have the numbers for a perfect JL/JLA New 52 set. It would have been very cool if they went that route.

Then again, that would have meant no Zatanna for me.

Yeah, I want Zatanna too, so I'm kinda glad they didn't go with the perfect set-up. :)

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By DEGRAAF

I really want it but i would like a Justice League vs Injustice League or a Metropolis vs Gotham.

I think the best way would be to have interchangeable pedestals that they stand or kneel on so you can put the characters in any chess position you would like

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:

I really want it but i would like a Justice League vs Injustice League or a Metropolis vs Gotham.

I think the best way would be to have interchangeable pedestals that they stand or kneel on so you can put the characters in any chess position you would like

That could be kinda cool. If they could design a system for doing that that works well of course.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By impossibilly

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

The nominees for white pawn are: Plastic Man, Booster Gold, The Atom, Vixen, Simon Baz and Stargirl.

http://www.facebook.com/questions/415143775245177/

The poll is over! Booster Gold has been replaced with...drum roll, please...Booster Gold!

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

The nominees for white pawn are: Plastic Man, Booster Gold, The Atom, Vixen, Simon Baz and Stargirl.

http://www.facebook.com/questions/415143775245177/

The poll is over! Booster Gold has been replaced with...drum roll, please...Booster Gold!

Well, it seems kinda pointless, but it seems that that's what the majority of people want.

I think the villain poll goes up tomorrow. I wonder who'll be shortlisted.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By impossibilly

The villain poll is now up on the Facebook page. The choices are:

• Parasite
  • Brainiac
  • Doctor Light
  • Amazo
  • Vandal Savage
  • Chesire

I'm not sure who I will vote for. In the heroes poll, there were three or four heroes in the poll that I would consider buying, but in this poll, I don't think I'd buy any of these pieces. Granted, I'm not planning on buying the Justice League set. One DC Chess set is enough for me.

Right now, I'm leading towards voting for Brainiac just because I think he would look the coolest out of the five options.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@impossibilly said:

The villain poll is now up on the Facebook page. The choices are:

• Parasite
  • Brainiac
  • Doctor Light
  • Amazo
  • Vandal Savage
  • Chesire

I'm not sure who I will vote for. In the heroes poll, there were three or four heroes in the poll that I would consider buying, but in this poll, I don't think I'd buy any of these pieces. Granted, I'm not planning on buying the Justice League set. One DC Chess set is enough for me.

Right now, I'm leading towards voting for Brainiac just because I think he would look the coolest out of the five options.

Brainiac is such an iconic villain that not having him in the set seems wrong to me.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By impossibilly

@Moonchilde said:

Brainiac is such an iconic villain that not having him in the set seems wrong to me.

It looks like most people agree, since he's leading by a very wide margin. Personally, I'd like to see Sinestro in the set. He would have received my vote. I'd cut Deadshot to put both Sinestro and Brainiac in.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@impossibilly: Sinestro's not there either? That does indeed also seem to be a misstep to me. I probably would've had him and Brainiac as bishops actually.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I really expected Sinestro to be shortlisted, seeing as loads of people on the page seem to want him.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By impossibilly

@Moonchilde said:

@impossibilly: Sinestro's not there either? That does indeed also seem to be a misstep to me. I probably would've had him and Brainiac as bishops actually.

That is something I can very easily agree to!

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly said:

@Moonchilde said:

Now that I think about it, maybe it makes sense for Sinestro no to be there, as isn't he technically a hero at the moment? Maybe being a hero, but not one with links to The Justice League, is why he's not in the set.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By SmashBrawler

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@impossibilly said:

@Moonchilde said:

Now that I think about it, maybe it makes sense for Sinestro no to be there, as isn't he technically a hero at the moment? Maybe being a hero, but not one with links to The Justice League, is why he's not in the set.

Well, if we're getting technical, he's "dead".

Still, I have to agree. Both Brainiac and Sinestro deserve to be in the set.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmashBrawler said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@impossibilly said:

@Moonchilde said:

Well, if we're getting technical, he's "dead".

Still, I have to agree. Both Brainiac and Sinestro deserve to be in the set.

Oh. I didn't know that.

Do you mean properly killed off, or he's dead in some way, but still appearing in the series?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SmashBrawler

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: The latter. He's in some kind of limbo with Hal Jordan, "the Dead Zone".

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmashBrawler said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: The latter. He's in some kind of limbo with Hal Jordan, "the Dead Zone".

I see.

Still, he's probably just not included because he's not a Justice League member.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#120  Edited By comicace3

@Icarusflies said:

Cooooool

You said it sister. NOW WHO WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND BEAT ME IN CHESS!

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Magethor

I'll play anyone in chess here. 

Who's up for it? 

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By SmashBrawler

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@SmashBrawler said:

I see.

Still, he's probably just not included because he's not a Justice League member.

Sinestro's not a hero, though. He's just a Green Lantern again, but aside from saving that bridge and those people (and saving Korugar, I guess), he's not a fully-fledged hero yet.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmashBrawler said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@SmashBrawler said:

I see.

Sinestro's not a hero, though. He's just a Green Lantern again, but aside from saving that bridge and those people (and saving Korugar, I guess), he's not a fully-fledged hero yet.

Oh. Fair enough, I just thought being a Green Lantern meant you were a hero.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By SmashBrawler

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@SmashBrawler said:

I see.

Oh. Fair enough, I just thought being a Green Lantern meant you were a hero.

Well, that's debatable...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Veeery debatable...

No Caption Provided
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmashBrawler: Seems I have a lot to learn about Green Lanterns then.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By SmashBrawler

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Oh, and don't even get me started on the "Guardians" of the Universe.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointing news. The board for the Justice League set will be made of card, like a standard board game board. This seems like a bad decision considering the board for the Batman set is such nice quality. And having such good pieces on a card board will be really mismatched. Hopefully they'll consider releasing a proper board at some point.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By impossibilly

I was surprised by the announcement that the board would come free for UK subscribers. I thought that was a really generous offer, and as a US resident was very jealous, but seeing that it's a fold up cardboard chessboard makes me much less jealous.

At least you'll be getting the Superman piece free with one of your upcoming Batman set pieces.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly: It's actually so free that you don't need to be subscribed to get it. It's apparently just in the plastic bag with the Hal Jordan piece. I did think before that giving it away free to everyone was really cool, but yeah, cardboard is a lot less exciting.

I'm not a Superman fan, and I'm not collecting the second set, so the free piece isn't a whole lot of use to me, but it's always nice to get free stuff I suppose.

It would've been nice if Wonder Woman was the first issue of set 2. Would've saved me a bit of money. :P

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By impossibilly

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

It would've been nice if Wonder Woman was the first issue of set 2. Would've saved me a bit of money. :P

Agreed! If they included Wonder Woman, Green Lantern or especially Zatanna as the free piece for those of you in the UK, I would have been very green with envy.

I wonder if either of the freebies will be in the bag for US customers.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly: I think I read that Superman is packaged with The Question piece, and just costs the same as one piece, so I think Superman is free to anyone who's buying The Question anyway.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By impossibilly

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Do you know if the The Question will be the 32nd piece in the set? The most recently released piece here in the States is Batwoman, #27.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly: Yeah, The Question is definitely issue 32.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By impossibilly

I just checked the DC Collection Facebook page. The Superman piece will be included with The Question here in the US as well. I'm both very happy (for the free piece) and disappointed (that its not Wonder Woman).

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone. Got some previews of Lex Luthor and Supergirl:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By z3ro180

Can you buy these in a shop or online ?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Z3RO180: I think it depends on where you are. I think in America you have to arrange to have issues delivered to a local comic book shop, but you can get a subscription in the U.K., South Africa and parts of Australia, possibly other places. In the U.K., I've found it's easy enough to find them in shops, like Forbidden Planet, WH Smith and other newsagents.

These two pieces I just posted pictures of will be out in June I think.

Here's the website for some more information: http://eaglemoss.com/dc-chess/eng/index.asp

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone. First new image on the new Comicvine. We now have a preview of Deadshot, one of the black pawns in the upcoming Justice League set:

No Caption Provided

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#139 BumpyBoo  Moderator
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Judging from how great the Batman set is(Only one piece left to go), I imagine the Justice League set will be pretty good too.

AlForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think this is a brilliant idea, fair play DC. I wouldn't mind having one of these sets in my house.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview of the Batman knight piece from the Justice League set:

No Caption Provided

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some unfinished preview pictures of the Green Arrow white pawn:

No Caption Provided

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool....now I am itching to get my hands on this. It's a good jumping on point for me in terms of collecting figurines.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Looking forward to any in particular?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Oh, I meant any particular characters? I'm not getting the Justice League set, but I'll probably get the Zatanna, Batman and Joker pieces.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Superman and Wonder Woman. I am going to have to mention Batman, too many people will lost their minds on me if I don't. :P

Then again, it would be good to get Lex and Joker too as opposing figures to Supes and Bats.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: I have Superman and Wonder Woman, and they both look pretty good.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with The Joker, seeing as it's a New 52 version. A little figurine of him with his face hanging off could be kinda creepy.