Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Every couple of days, I am releasing a list of characters who have yet to appear in a DC comic book from different animated shows. Today is BTAS and here is the list:

Sideshow Clan (Circus freaks disbanded from the Circus and try to survive together)

Baby Doll (Former child star that doesn't age and is on a mission to regain her fame through crime)

Boss Biggis (Controls slave workers in mine)

Boxy Bennett (Small-time gangster that bumps up against villains, heroes and other gangs)

Buzz Bronski (Mob Boss)

Dr. Emile Dorian (Genetic doctor that experiments on animals -- mostly cats)

Dr. Montague Kane (Thieving magician)

Ferris Boyle (Cheating and thieving corporation owner)

Gil Mason (Shining star in the GCPD, but also a crooked cop)

Grant Walker (millionaire that wanted to freeze the world and become immortal like Mr. Freeze in Mr.Freeze's containment suit)

HARDAC (Villainous out of control super computer)

Elliot Ventrix (The Invisible Man -- man invents an invisible cloak to steal)

Jazzman (hitman)

Kyodai Ken (Bruce Wayne's rival in Japan learning martial arts)

Nostromos (Fortune teller that scams the people who come in)

Red Claw (International Terrorist)

Anthony Romulus (Werewolf)

Roland Dagget (Crooked business man -- much like Lex Luthor)

The Sewer King (Lives in the sewers with alligator pets and he abducts orphan children to work for him)

Arnold Stromwell (former mobster)

Arcady Duvall (Son of Ras Al Ghul)

Andrea Beaumont (Phantasm)

Captain Clown (Robot with super strength and doesn't back down -- reminds me of Jason from Friday the Thirteenth)

Dr. Long (Doctor that works for Wayne Industries and speaks his mind to Bruce)

Dr. Joan Leland (Arkham Asylum therapist)

Dr. March (works for Wayne Industries)

Earl Cooper (Batman's Mechanic)

Karai (Student of martial arts)

Maggie Smith (Old friend/lover? of Alfred)

Mayor Hamilton Hill

Maven (Catwoman's assistant)

Notchka and Shaka (Mr. Freeze's pets)

Sidney Debris "The Man who killed Batman"

Thoth Kepera (Ras Al Ghul's love -- )

Toy Collector (Crazy kid loves an old hero -- Gray Ghost)

Tygrus (genetic creation seeking revenge)

Veronica Vreeland (Wealthy socialite that has feelings for Bruce, but constantly remarries rich men)

Yoru Sensei (Bruce Wayne's teacher in Japan)

*ADDED because this version of the Clock King isn't the same in the comics -- it's a different person.

Temple Fugate/Clock King (A man obsessed with scheduling his time accidentally mismanages his day and it ruins his life. Using his keen time-sensibiliy as the Clock King, he takes revenge)

#1 Posted by RazzaTazz (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting list

Moderator
#2 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm not bad

#3 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: @SandMan_: Sorry guys, It wasn't finished -- its finished now! I'll be doing all of DC's animated series as well as DC's live action series.

#4 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123: Which others do you have?
#5 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to do ALL of them, but not all at once. It'll be progressively.

#6 Posted by Spectre108 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Phantasm was so awesome. I wish they put him in a few comics.

#7 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spectre108 said:

Phantasm was so awesome. I wish they put him in a few comics.

"her" :D

#8 Posted by Spectre108 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spectre108 said:

Phantasm was so awesome. I wish they put her in a few comics.

Man, I need to watch that again.

#9 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

Clayface's "daughter".

#11 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of these characters actually are in continuity I believe but he stories that hey were in we're printed in Batmans earliest days which is why people dont remember them. Phantasm also appeared in new 52 Batman issue one iirc

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

Also......YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they'd bring Baby Doll into continuity. She's an awesome character.

#15 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Some of these characters actually are in continuity I believe but he stories that hey were in we're printed in Batmans earliest days which is why people dont remember them. Phantasm also appeared in new 52 Batman issue one iirc

Prove it. Point to the issue with a name behind it. Comicvine can't seem to prove any of these.

Just because one character looks like the Phantasm doesn't mean it is.

#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11720 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I screwd up, I assumed that since most of these stories were adapted from old comics that the characters were as we'll. My bad DD. will you forgive me -puppy dog eyes-

#17 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Okay I screwd up, I assumed that since most of these stories were adapted from old comics that the characters were as we'll. My bad DD. will you forgive me -puppy dog eyes-

Its okay. That is my point -- there are tons of characters in every animated show that don't live past the cartoons or series. I'm just pointing them out.

Characters like Harley Quinn and others (I can't think of at this moment) started in the Cartoons and moved over into the comics.

#18 Posted by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah captian clown would be a good in comics as well judge two face

#19 Posted by NeoAndroid (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123: X-23 is another character that started in a Animation series and then was carried over to comics.

Awesome list can i buy the series of this and the other list you did today on DvD? They look pretty awesome

#20 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeoAndroid said:

@doordoor123: X-23 is another character that started in a Animation series and then was carried over to comics.

Awesome list can i buy the series of this and the other list you did today on DvD? They look pretty awesome

I'm only doing DC. Maybe eventually I'll also do Marvel, but Marvel usually doesnt add many new characters in their television series.

Yeah, you can get both on DVD.

#21 Posted by NeoAndroid (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123: Aye i was just saying that another Cartoon - Comic character was X-23.

And thats awesome i'll look for them, would you recommend them as good series?

#22 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Josiah Wormwood is in continuity...more or less. I was reading an old Batman 450 the other day and couldn't shake the feeling of nostalgia it brought to me. I eventually realized that it was nearly the exact same plot as from that episode. The animated series lifted that concept from the old Batman story. I don't remember if the character's name is the same, but he operates in the same manner.

Hardac and Kyodai Ken were good characters. I'd like to see them again. The rest are no great loss.

#23 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeoAndroid said:

@doordoor123: Aye i was just saying that another Cartoon - Comic character was X-23.

And thats awesome i'll look for them, would you recommend them as good series?

Batman the Animated series is the best television series ever. Other than that, I also recommend the entire DC Animated Universe. It works like comic books so all of these series work together in one coheisive universe.

I'll give you the order too chronologically too.

Batman the Animated Series

The New Batman Adventures

Superman the Animated Series

Static Shock

Justice League

Justice League Unlimited

Batman Beyond

#24 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

Actually, Josiah Wormwood is in continuity...more or less. I was reading an old Batman 450 the other day and couldn't shake the feeling of nostalgia it brought to me. I eventually realized that it was nearly the exact same plot as from that episode. The animated series lifted that concept from the old Batman story. I don't remember if the character's name is the same, but he operates in the same manner.

Hardac and Kyodai Ken were good characters. I'd like to see them again. The rest are no great loss.

Come to think of it Mister Freeze oprates in the same sort of way as Captain Cold -- they must be the same character.

Joking aside, I'll look it up. If it IS in fact him and not just someone who operates in a similar way, I'll take him off.

I did find someone to add though. Clock King is actually a differnt Clock King in this universe than he is in the comics.

#25 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

Impressive list, but I don;t see a place for allot of these characters to do more than cameo

#26 Edited by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Actually, Josiah Wormwood is in continuity...more or less. I was reading an old Batman 450 the other day and couldn't shake the feeling of nostalgia it brought to me. I eventually realized that it was nearly the exact same plot as from that episode. The animated series lifted that concept from the old Batman story. I don't remember if the character's name is the same, but he operates in the same manner.

Hardac and Kyodai Ken were good characters. I'd like to see them again. The rest are no great loss.

Come to think of it Mister Freeze oprates in the same sort of way as Captain Cold -- they must be the same character.

Joking aside, I'll look it up. If it IS in fact him and not just someone who operates in a similar way, I'll take him off.

I did find someone to add though. Clock King is actually a differnt Clock King in this universe than he is in the comics.

F you man! I know the difference between a similar story and a nearly cloned story. Bruce Wayne poses as a mobster, hires Wormwood (or whatever his name is in the comic) to get the cape and cowl, "falls prey" to the death trap involving heat lamps, gives up the cape and cowl but avoids revealing his identity, and then as the mobster he gets wormwood to give up vital secret information. He even has the same line in response to Wormwood wanting to know what the "mobster" plans to do with the cape and cowl. Batman, now dressed in the garb says, "I am going to wear them."

You can find proof that the animated series episode was inspired by the comic just be googling the cape and cowl conspiracy.

#27 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

@doordoor123 said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Actually, Josiah Wormwood is in continuity...more or less. I was reading an old Batman 450 the other day and couldn't shake the feeling of nostalgia it brought to me. I eventually realized that it was nearly the exact same plot as from that episode. The animated series lifted that concept from the old Batman story. I don't remember if the character's name is the same, but he operates in the same manner.

Hardac and Kyodai Ken were good characters. I'd like to see them again. The rest are no great loss.

Come to think of it Mister Freeze oprates in the same sort of way as Captain Cold -- they must be the same character.

Joking aside, I'll look it up. If it IS in fact him and not just someone who operates in a similar way, I'll take him off.

I did find someone to add though. Clock King is actually a differnt Clock King in this universe than he is in the comics.

F you man! I know the difference between a similar story and a nearly cloned story. Bruce Wayne poses as a mobster, hires Wormwood (or whatever his name is in the comic) to get the cape and cowl, "falls prey" to the death trap involving heat lamps, gives up the cape and cowl but avoids revealing his identity, and then as the mobster he gets wormwood to give up vital secret information. He even has the same line in response to Wormwood wanting to know what the "mobster" plans to do with the cape and cowl. Batman, now dressed in the garb says, "I am going to wear them."

You can find proof that the animated series episode was inspired by the comic just be googling the cape and cowl conspiracy.

Relax. I was just joking.

Youre right btw. I went to my nearest comic store and they had Detective 450 in stock. It was Wormwood. Ill take him off.

#28 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#29 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

Cool.

Interesting tidbit -- it wasnt Josiah Wormwood, but Jeremy Wormwood. It is pretty much the same character though.

#30 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I read an article which compared the two at one point, and I thought they had two similar names. I couldn't find it now though.

#31 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Added the Clock King -- because it is a different person than the one that appears in the comics.

#32 Posted by Lonewolf36 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Sewer King appeared in 52 issue 25 in a one panel cameo already dead. His identity was confirmed in an interview done at the time of the issue.

The Temple Fugate Clock King is the Leader of the Terror Titans who took on the Teen Titans. His girlfriend Disruptor called him Tem in the Terror Titans limited series.

#33 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lonewolf36 said:

Sewer King appeared in 52 issue 25 in a one panel cameo already dead. His identity was confirmed in an interview done at the time of the issue.

The Temple Fugate Clock King is the Leader of the Terror Titans who took on the Teen Titans. His girlfriend Disruptor called him Tem in the Terror Titans limited series.

Not enough evidence for the first one, but Temple Fugate was never the comics -- it was someone that looked like him though and as also called the Clock King. Different personality though.

#34 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I could have sworn I saw Buzz Bronski in Brave and The Bold (The Cartoon).

#35 Posted by ravisher (605 posts) - - Show Bio

nice list

#36 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3317 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG Ferris Boyle looks just like Mitt Romney.