DC Announces JUISTICE LEAGUE 3000

fallbrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think these look awesome, especially the GL one! I'm looking forward to it.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I honestly really like all these designs with my favorites being Flash and Green Lantern. The overwhelming negativity in the comments is absolutley ridiculous! Its a great creative team give it a chance! Comic fans are really starting to bum me out. When I first started reading a couple years back it seemed like fans were a more constructive bunch. Now all Im seeing is senseless hate and this hipster sense of superiority about mainstream comics.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By NightCrawler358

I'm surprised so many people are rejecting this! I think all the new designs are pretty cool, even Superman's! We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Oh and I wanted to say: they kinda look more like Fantasy redesigns, as opposed to Sci Fi.

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the Kal Kent part. I kind of think it's cool. Well, Batman looks cool anyway.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Apart from the GL design, there is a lot of red coloring in the design scheme of the characters. I actually think Superman's face looked a lot like it did in that Elseworlds story, Superman Inc

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@noj said:

I honestly really like all these designs with my favorites being Flash and Green Lantern. The overwhelming negativity in the comments is absolutley ridiculous! Its a great creative team give it a chance! Comic fans are really starting to bum me out. When I first started reading a couple years back it seemed like fans were a more constructive bunch. Now all Im seeing is senseless hate and this hipster sense of superiority about mainstream comics.

It's not "hipster" it's pepole sick of reading the same damn characters over and over again. If your not a fan of Superman, Batman, Justice League, Avengers, Green Lantern or X-Men then there is no point reading comics as your fav books will just be cancelled and replaced with one of the above.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#107  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

hmm...we'll have to see how this one goes...

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm....this might be good if done right! I'll give it a shot!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By Captain13

@jonny_anonymous said:

@noj said:

It's not "hipster" it's pepole sick of reading the same damn characters over and over again. If your not a fan of Superman, Batman, Justice League, Avengers, Green Lantern or X-Men then there is no point reading comics as your fav books will just be cancelled and replaced with one of the above.

But I LOVE the Big 5, the X-Men, and the Avengers... Go Indie if you want a low-selling book that lasts. No offense intended. You'll be happier. There's no point in caring about lesser characters in the Big 2. That's obvious.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@shadowx: I love GL's look, very dark and mysterious which given the alien and mystical nature of Green Lantern this fits so well. Seriously imagine being a crook and having a green light come out of nowhere. You look up and see THAT floating over you? You'd have a freaking heart attack!

Also I don't know about Wonder Woman's. Looks too....... generic.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

When I saw the headline I was really excited. I am a huge fan of Marvel 2099, and was all on board. But seeing the writers attached, and those horrible non-futuristic costumes, I'm turning right back around and walking out of this discussion.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Looks cool. Is this gonna be digital first?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Geez, everyone sounds so damn bitter. The designs look awesome! Give it a chance.

ikr, people are being to harsh on this already. I personally like the Flash and Batman's design them most, the rest are good too.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

hey look, Superman and Batman 1,000,000 return!

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: yeah green

lanterns is kind of eerie.

Tbh my favorite thing about wonder woman is that star looking thing attached to the lasso, i hope she uses it creatively in battle.

_Genesis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By _Genesis_

Kool look

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green lantern looks badass.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#118  Edited By lorex

The costumes designs are interesting. Few thoughts;

Superman: Costomes is OK, hair sucks

Batman: Very interesting design, looks like a more detailed Batman Beyond suit.

Wonder Woman: Shows WW can look ok with pants. As others said better without heals.

Flash: Nice design but could be better without stupid bandana.

Green Lantern: Awesome design, really looks good. Best of the bunch.

As for the whole DC 3000 well I'm not willing to pass judgement as of yet but I do think they missed an opportunity to change things up a bit and make Sups, Bats or GL a woman. It would be interesting if the trinity was 2 woman and 1 man instead if the same old same old. If Wally and Donna are going to be used that explains that.

manwithbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would of considered getting this if they added Aquaman

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By wtk1013

Lighten up people, is hasn't been released yet and you hate it? Could some of you really do better? I like all the designs except the red on batman. I'm looking forward to this and hoping Flash is Wally West and WW is Donna Troy.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#121  Edited By doordoor123

Don't they already have Legion of Super Heroes for 30 century's super hero team?

There can't be more than one team?

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Green Lantern is the only one that looks cool.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wall-E! Wally!

I've never read a Flash/Wally West comic (catching up is impossible) but, I still like him..blame the TV show...

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Well, this could be good, but didn't they already do this in DC One Million?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Captain13

Hopefully the book gets a cover like this:

No Caption Provided

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

It is "hipster" to hate on everything popular. Sorry to tell you but no one is going to buy that "Matter Eater Boy" miniseries you've been pushing for, its just not going to happen.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Those of you who don't like Superman's hair (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) have clearly never read Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman. And if you haven't read that, I have no respect for you. Thus, your opinion is nullified.

whiteknight67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman looks smoking hot.

Vincie_Pooh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hmmm Batman very Batman Beyond colors.
Wonder woman... reminds me of her in Injustice. And ever since Conan did that segment on "Clueless gamer" I will always see wonderwoman now.... Very... dominatrixes LOL hahaha.
I wanna see more characters. Are we gonna see a "Slade" 3000?

young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By young_beamer

i'd expect something a little more futuristic for year 3000

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By cameron83

@noj said:

so much this! So much this..

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy Fuck Green lantern has never looked that cool. The trinity is not my favorite.

micangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One millineum into the future? Is this what's replacing legion or is this DC' s version of a "what if?" And this is ongoing?

BatwomanLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Batman with red. Real original. These announcements are making me wanna stop reading comics. You need to improve you already bad lineup of books. The whole year 3000 thing is so lame..

Actually there are a lot of good New 52 books the ones that suck get cancelled, ppl should really get over the reset and realize things can't stay the same forever, and the reset gave a lot of ppl a chance to get in and read new comics like Batman and not having to worry about reading the other 800 plus to know whats going on and ditto for other titles, for example Good titles in the New 52 are: Wonder Woman, Justice League Dark, Batwoman, Batman, Batgirl,Justice League, Batman and Robin, Justice League of America, Green Lantern New Gaurdians, Red Hood and the Outlaws, and the "Super Underrated" Birds of Prey, and the over looked "Talon" and for good Measure Green Lantern, and those are only some of them on my Pull list I have bought since the beginning and have enjoyed all of them, I think alot of times ppl are too quick to hate and give things a chance so I ask one question: "How do you know something sucks if you haven't read them?" In closing cause if your talking bad books I'm assuming none of the ones I mentioned are what your talking about, cause if you've read them since the Start you'd know they are good books.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern looks awesome. But don't they already have a team in the future?

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By SNascimento

WW with pants = auto-win.

Crazy_Wilhelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are folks complaining about Kal Kent's hair? It's always been like that.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

But at the exact same time people have negative comments every time Marvel/DC,etc try something new outside of the cash cows...(and yes,they use cash cows,it's a money business,what do you expect?)

For example,It is announced that Vibe will be getting his own series.."Aw,WTF Vibe Sucks...I mean really Vibe?",etc.

And with Superior Spider man,GotG, Hawkeye, Batwing, Gambit,etc......

Ok,my point is:

No matter what Marvel/DC do,people will always complain (especially from the things I've seen all over the web).Not only do they complain when they don't try new things (I can understand that,but with things like Batman,Superman,X-Men,Avengers,etc that must be expected.I mean,again it's a money making business and it's not like those are the only books),but they also complain when they try something new.

I can understand if there were PURELY avengers books or Batman books,but even if it is a title UNDER avengers,but with a completely different roster (e.g Upcoming Mighty Avengers),or if it is a title under Batman or Superman (e.g Supergirl,Batwing) people may still complain.

I mean,I am not saying you are wrong.For example,look at Demon Knights.But at the same time,every single time there is something involving the Cash Cows,they instantly come with a bias and assume things.What I mean by that is,with the new Mighty Avengers,I saw people complain that we were getting another book with Captain America,Iron Man,etc...but that wasn't the case at all.Do you see what I mean?

Again,in some cases you're most definitely right.However,in other cases it just seems to be some sort of unreasonable bias that people come with.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The designs are semi interesting but I'm surprised they would still be using the same heroes 1,000 years into the future.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The designs are semi interesting but I'm surprised they would still be using the same heroes 1,000 years into the future.

They're timeless =)

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no other opinion other than the fact that Superman 3000's hair looks ridiculous

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I hope Wondie is Diana herself.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@noj said:

You know I think some is senseless hate but for me personally I am just at my wits end with DC. So much of what they are trying to do now is based on a silly gimmick if its villains month or WTF. Also I just want them to admit they make mistakes with some of their changes but instead of doing that they just smash that idea into readers' faces and its accept because they're never coming back. So when I see an idea like this I think to myself OK Harass I get you used to run Marvel but stop recycling their ideas.

If DC truly wanted to win back some of the haters all they have to do is throw them a bone every now and then something they refuse to do. So it's hard for me to feel bad to see their sales slipping and there market share drying up when it seems they have gone out of their way to alienate many readers.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@noj said:

But I LOVE the Big 5, the X-Men, and the Avengers... Go Indie if you want a low-selling book that lasts. No offense intended. You'll be happier. There's no point in caring about lesser characters in the Big 2. That's obvious.

I agree with this as well...however,If X-O manowar were to become really popular,you would see Valiant push him far more often when he's a cash cow.That's what companies do.That should be expected,they must get money...I mean,we can't really expect them to push mostly lesser known characters and expect to make money...And a large loss in money can even have a tragic domino effect.Tragic either for us or them.So....it's kinda obvious that the aim is to make money..at the same time,there are plenty of books that Marvel/DC (and others like Image) push that aren't part of the Iconic images,just that people overlook them.I mean,do we really complain when Image pushes Spawn? I mean,we can't really..."Companies try to make money to stay in business by pushing their iconic characters first..? (sarcastic) REALLY????!!!!"

@hempknight757 said:

Another Batman with red. Real original. These announcements are making me wanna stop reading comics. You need to improve you already bad lineup of books. The whole year 3000 thing is so lame..

Actually there are a lot of good New 52 books the ones that suck get cancelled, ppl should really get over the reset and realize things can't stay the same forever, and the reset gave a lot of ppl a chance to get in and read new comics like Batman and not having to worry about reading the other 800 plus to know whats going on and ditto for other titles, for example Good titles in the New 52 are: Wonder Woman, Justice League Dark, Batwoman, Batman, Batgirl,Justice League, Batman and Robin, Justice League of America, Green Lantern New Gaurdians, Red Hood and the Outlaws, and the "Super Underrated" Birds of Prey, and the over looked "Talon" and for good Measure Green Lantern, and those are only some of them on my Pull list I have bought since the beginning and have enjoyed all of them, I think alot of times ppl are too quick to hate and give things a chance so I ask one question: "How do you know something sucks if you haven't read them?" In closing cause if your talking bad books I'm assuming none of the ones I mentioned are what your talking about, cause if you've read them since the Start you'd know they are good books.

Yup.A bias is a bias.I can't say a movie sucks when it hasn't even come out,can I?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming that isn't Bruce Wayne, Hal, Kyle, John, Guy, Baz, Barry and Bart not one should stiil be alive. Superman and Wonder Woman would live that long but would they really still be part of the JL.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By stephens2177

Kon-El made it to the future,with Kal Kent's hair,I LOVE IT

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

all I can say is...why? the past hasn't been established yet with attempts like TEAM 7, and a inconsistent "5 yr" time frame, and don't get me started on the fart in the wind that is World's Finest..and now your telling me where going to the future with the SAME CHARACTERS?! not even slightly interested in this

BatwomanLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By BatwomanLover

@noj said:

So if thats the Case and ppl are sick of the same Characters, then why is it every time DC tries to do that no supports them?? Talon ahhh what else Grifter, Voodoo,Batwing, VIbe,Katana and before you hop all over me and say Grifter isn't new well he was under DC this time and another good book that got cancelled cause the so-called "Tired of the same old people" didn't give the new ones a chance but scream change? So you can't fault them for not trying and I agree way to much negativity this could be really good for all we know.