DC Announces JUISTICE LEAGUE 3000

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

wow people lighten up a bit...it hasn't even been released yet and you're already hating on it? wow

I think it sounds awesome...I've always loved future storylines

They cancelled the Legion just so we could have another Justice League book with yet more variations of the same characters

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By Mbecks14

Interesting

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Speculation says that the red-headed Flash is Wally West and that the Wonder Woman is Donna Troy.

yup

I hope the Green Lantern is John Stewart, Rex Stewart, or another descendant of the Stewart line.

probably a descendant. maybe Rex. John would be way too old.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@danhimself said:

wow people lighten up a bit...it hasn't even been released yet and you're already hating on it? wow

They cancelled the Legion just so we could have another Justice League book with yet more variations of the same characters

So? LoS wasn't a good book. If it were I could kind of see the point but LoS was just plain bad from the first issue

M1cAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Green Lantern looks NASTY...that is all

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By dernman

Ok so they just suddenly appear out of the woodwork? Where were they before while Legion was doing their thing?

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Really?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Superman=Lar Gand?

Batman=Terry McGinnis?

Btw, why not calling it Justice League Beyond or something?

There already is a Justice League Beyond book

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Vortex13

Superman=Lar Gand?

Batman=Terry McGinnis?

Btw, why not calling it Justice League Beyond or something?

Because the year 3000, is a long time after the already existing timeline of Terry McGinnis. He would be a long time dead at that point. The year 3000 is just under a thousand years from now. The Beyond timeline is in something like the mid 2030's I think, so at the very least terry would not be batman in just a couple decades from that point which would put this time over 900 years afterwards.

Oh and there already was a series based on the Batman Beyond universe.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DC hate lately has been nothing short of comical lol. I'll probably check this out.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex13: Rumors are Wally West is the Flash in the future, so why can't Terry be Batman? Anyways.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@danhimself said:

So? LoS wasn't a good book. If it were I could kind of see the point but LoS was just plain bad from the first issue

Having a bad run doesn't make it a bad book, it started to get better and replacing it with the same shit we already have FOUR times now is the most unimaginative idea they could come up with. Eventually every team will be a version of the Justice League and every hero will just be an extension of the "Big 5"

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Meh.

Not to thrilled about this one...

Bats looks cool, though.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@dernman said:

Ok so they just suddenly appear out of the woodwork? Where were they before while Legion was doing their thing?

I was wondering the same thing

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Vortex13
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheManInTheShoe
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#68  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

These designs looks amazing, can't wait to see what DC has in store for these futuristic takes on their most iconic heroes.

@k4tzm4n: Do you know if this series is going to be on-going or a mini-series?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DC hate lately has been nothing short of comical lol. I'll probably check this out.

Wow. Best comment. *dies* lol

It's funny because they just announced a slash/fic book for Superman and Wonder Woman, haha

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Somebody farted in the creative offices...this was the resultant project fetus after inhaling those fumes.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By Ninjablade09

Green Lantern is cool. But I wonder if this Batman's last name will be McGuiness.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By novi_homines

Looks awesome to me

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74 the_stegman  Moderator

I won't complain nor cheer til I read it.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like supermans hair.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I don't love all of the designs, but I will give this series a chance

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

@sidious said:

wait.

WTF happened to the Legion? that time frame is their turf.

Well, the title is being cancelled, and last I checked the Fatal Five was kicking them good.Is is possible that they are taking their place. After all, the Legion has a bad habit of being retconned and twisted, so maybe not doing that might be an ice change of pace.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Wish that was the Spectre as apposed to GL haha

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: There is a thousand different ways to pick up a books sales other than replacing it with yet another Justice League clone

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#81  Edited By LyraFay

I like Batman's look but the Superman looks a bit off. WTF is with that hair!!

Vhyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be the minority here.. but damn these character concepts are pretty neat. :X Feel free to pitch fork me.

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By modunhanul

Don't they already have Legion of Super Heroes for 30 century's super hero team?

Avatar image for the_changing_man
The_Changing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or save for batman do the characters look like they are from some kind of post apocalyptic future? Also why does wonder woman look like she is from the stone age, the way she is drawn is very cave woman, she looks like she should be knocking superman out and dragging him back to her cave for some snoo-snoo. On the plus side and this is something i never thought i would say, how fecking awesome does green lantern look? I want to read that book just for him.

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Haircuts of the Future!

Bats looks pretty cool, although would be cooler in the old gray and black. Other than that, nothing grabbing me too much.

For sci-fi and superheroes, I wish DC would just find a way to invigorate the Legion sufficiently for it to sell enough to survive.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@danhimself said:

Having a bad run doesn't make it a bad book, it started to get better and replacing it with the same shit we already have FOUR times now is the most unimaginative idea they could come up with. Eventually every team will be a version of the Justice League and every hero will just be an extension of the "Big 5"

Justice League books sell...despite how good some books are they just aren't selling but anything labeled "Justice League Something" or "Avengers Blah Blah Blah" is guaranteed to sell just because of the name...I don't like it myself but Marvel and DC are companies and they have to make money somehow so they produce books that they know are going to make money

My whole point with my original comment is that all they've announced is the name of the book and some designs and already people are saying how much the book sucks...it's just reinforcing the Comic Book Fan stereotype

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#87  Edited By frogjitsu

Why must Bats where red!? I'm tired of the Bat-Family and red. Why can't they just stick with Batman's Navy/Black and Grey?

Other than that, I like most of these designs. Except superman needs short sleeves, and ditch the collar. It's lame.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Green Lantern's design is hands down the best out of all of them. Can't wait to see how this book plays out.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Mutant God

Green Panther I mean Lantern looks cool

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

JLI writing team reunited? I'll check this out for sure. I like the designs, besides the fact that Superman could use an 'S'.

All else I have to say is that if that's Wally, somebody needs to throw themselves down an empty well.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apart from supes hair and the S bing somewhat of an 8 I like all the designs and I'm very much looking forward to this.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@danhimself said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@danhimself said:

Justice League books sell...despite how good some books are they just aren't selling but anything labeled "Justice League Something" or "Avengers Blah Blah Blah" is guaranteed to sell just because of the name...I don't like it myself but Marvel and DC are companies and they have to make money somehow so they produce books that they know are going to make money

My whole point with my original comment is that all they've announced is the name of the book and some designs and already people are saying how much the book sucks...it's just reinforcing the Comic Book Fan stereotype

That's not true for every book, Justice League International got dumped and JLD and Avengers Assemble aren't doing to good ether.

Well if disinterest is reinforcing fan stereotype then this book is reinforcing publisher stereotype in that they don't give a crap about new and interesting concepts, storys or characters all they wan't is a quick buck off a gimmick and name recognition.

It's becoming increasingly clear that I'v out grown comics or at least Marvel/DC comics.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks uninspired

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty freaking sweet to me.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like. Batman and supes red and black ( or navy blue) color looks pretty bad ass. The haircut for supes is.. well.. I don't like it. WW's costume is not that different from any other costume I've seen. Flash's costume looks cool but what's up with the scarf around his face? The Gl's costume has a certain specter feel to it which looks cool to me.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2/3 of DC's announcements today make me happy: Green Lantern: Lights Out and Justice League 3000 (if that's a Stewart and the missing Wally and Donna).

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#97  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Whoa Green Lantern looks darker than Batman....nice.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

I guess Superman becomes a homosexual in the future? because there aint nothing straight about that hair...

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think all the designs look cool. I might even pick up this book for just the art. But... what the hell is daken doing in that superman costume? And why does wonder woman look more like a member of justice league BC? Still Aquamans not on it. And GL looks like a total bamf. Also this seems like the return of wally west from his long stay in london. Also holy shit that redesign for him is now my favorite flash costume. I usually dont like his costume but dayum. Anyway. Ill pick this up when it comes out for sure. I don't know what you guys are thinking bout this being bad. God forbid we have a justice league where they dont do the same three storylines over and over (Throne of Atlantis, (insert alien species here) invasion, Doom) At least thats what ive seen from the new 52, and the animated series, and the animated movies.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

DC makes another series to put a Batman in
DC makes another series to put a Batman in

Apparently they DC learned nothing from the Marvel's 2099 line. They really need another series to put A Batman into? If this was just some kind of time travel arc for the original Justice League, that's fine. Why do publishers think the answer to low comic sales is to make more of something similar but just change the setting a little? How about using these teams of artists and writers to make something actually original.