• 81 results
#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

Which company does better projects with animation and anime?

#2 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

dc better movies. marvel better tv shows.

#3 Edited by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

DC has the better animated movies.

Marvel and DC are equal in shows.

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

I give DC the edge on both, especially animated movies.

#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's get the obvious out of the way here.

Superman tas, Batman tas, Justice league Tas Etc...

Now, there's this one Marvel animated movie that I really like but other people not so much. But I give props to marvel for making this:

#6 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: DCAU trumps all Marvel shows especially Batman TAS.

#7 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's animated films and shows are much better than Marvel with the exception of Planet Hulk and Wolverine & The X-Men. Wolverine and the X-Men is up there with Justice League in my opninion.

#8 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW: your opinion even though it sucks.

#9 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: My opinion doesn't suck while all 90's marvel cartoons were awesome BTAS is still better than them.

#10 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

DC curbstomps in animated movie, only one i liked was planet hulk. back in the 90s DC and Marvel were equal in tv shows. Marvel had spiderman, x-men and hulk. DC had superman TAS and batman TAS.

dunno about 2000's... i only liked the x men and fantastic four(I REALLY LIKED THIS) shows. DC has been on a roll with Justice League, Static Shock and Legion of Superheroes. Marvel recently got better with spectacular spiderman and avengers EMH but theyre both finished but were really good. DC had Batman the brave and the bold which i absolutely adored, and currently it has the entire DC nation, young justice and green lantern... whereas marvel has ultimate spiderman....YEAH

#11 Posted by Asesino (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words - Doctor Strange.

#12 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

DC purely because of the Teen titans Judas co... oh wait, that wasn't made here...

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6719 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: that movies awesome

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (13406 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha...its like Shakespeare vs the lady who wrote Twilight

DC animation is quality, Marvel is bleh most of the time....there are exceptions of course

#15 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@CrimsonCake: that movies awesome

Yeah, but some people hate it do to the fact it deviates from the source material. Like having Tony build Ultron instead of Pym and Pairing Captain America with Black widow.

#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (6719 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake:the ultron thing didnt bother me and i always liked the idea of widow and cap together

#17 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive never see much of marvels stuff, only 90s x-men (i liked) and the latest fantastic four show (i didnt see much tough), and i saw a bit of the dr strange movie, and i didnt like what i saw

But ive seen dc stuff and its awesome

#18 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

DC destroys Marvel in both animated movies and shows.

#19 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8084 posts) - - Show Bio

DC without a doubt. This question doesn't even need to be answered.

#20 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

you guyz forgot about xmen the animated series thats way up there plus the spectecular spiderman,but still dc animation is better

#21 Posted by ImmortalOne (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is the best in animated TV shows and movies, no contest.

#22 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though I liked both DC and Marvel in their TV shows, I have to give this one to DC because I loved watching Batman TAS and Young Justice.

#23 Posted by MrShway88 (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

DC without a doubt. This question doesn't even need to be answered.

#24 Posted by xybernauts (853 posts) - - Show Bio

DC does better animated movies and TV shows. In the 90's Marvel had good shows, but the quality of their shows has wanned significantly in the new millennium. Marvel had a few good animated movies in the beginning, but not anymore. But to be fair, it's probably because Marvel is investing their capital on making good live action movies and DC wasn't.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (26084 posts) - - Show Bio

Even in the 90's, there were few Marvel animated shows I liked, I think Spider-Man is VASTLY overrated, X Men was good, not great, and the rest...meh. 

DC wins hands down, heck, BTAS could solo.

#26 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel needs their version of Bruce Timm...or to hire Bruce Timm to do one of their characters animated style.

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

THe animated Marvel Universe is definitely something that is not perfect.Only X-Men TAS and the other X-Men animations were goood,the others weren't that great.On the other side DC are almost perfect in this perspective.

#28 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more of a Marvel fan when it comes to comic books. BUT, I seem to enjoy the DC animated series much more...

#29 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4118 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Animated Universe movies are somehow much better.

#30 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

with the way DC has been stepping up their animated films, def DC.

however if they plan to cancel their young justice and depending how this new batman turns out will determine if they are doing better than marvel tv show wise.

they better not cancel young justice

#31 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate how Marvel cancelled 3 of there most popular animated series. Wolverine and The X Men, Spectacular Spiderman, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes RIP.

#32 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Even in the 90's, there were few Marvel animated shows I liked, I think Spider-Man is VASTLY overrated, X Men was good, not great, and the rest...meh. DC wins hands down, heck, BTAS could solo.

THIS!!!

#33 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3902 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not even a contest, WB/DC smokes MARVEL in the animation dept. MARVEL has had some stand outs with the 90's X-MEN series and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but it's not even close imo. In a way it's kinda unfair because DC has Warner Bros back them and WB has been in the animation game for years, maybe even decades ahead of MARVEL. MARVEL dominates live action films, DC dominates the animated features....I would love to see what Bruce Timm could do with MARVEL characters tho!

#34 Posted by Rorkurin (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Objectively speaking

DC animation by far.

Most of Marvel's films have been subpar to decent, the worst DC Film is better than the best Marvel film.

And as far as shows goes Marvel will never have anything close to Justice League Unlimited or Batman TAS. Not in art, story telling, voice acting or production values. Marvel simply lacks the same talented writers and artist such as Bruce Timm.

Marvel owns the Live Film side though

#35 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

DC animation wins in my book. With that being said, Marvel is dumb for canceling all their good shows after two seasons or less. EMH was one of the best superhero cartoons I've seen, and its replacement is cringe-worthy.

#36 Posted by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has the better live action movies--seeing as they actually care about different characters. (seriously, a GotG movie is coming out but theres no sign of a Flash, WW or Aquaman movie!?)

DC has much better animation, by movies and TV.

Marvel used to have decent shows like the 90s X-Men and Spider-Man, but since Batman TAS DC has continuously put out amazing cartoon series.

ex: Justice League, Superman TAS, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond, Young Justice and so much more.

#37 Edited by mace11 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk said:

DC curbstomps in animated movie, only one i liked was planet hulk. back in the 90s DC and Marvel were equal in tv shows. Marvel had spiderman, x-men and hulk. DC had superman TAS and batman TAS.

dunno about 2000's... i only liked the x men and fantastic four(I REALLY LIKED THIS) shows. DC has been on a roll with Justice League, Static Shock and Legion of Superheroes. Marvel recently got better with spectacular spiderman and avengers EMH but theyre both finished but were really good. DC had Batman the brave and the bold which i absolutely adored, and currently it has the entire DC nation, young justice and green lantern... whereas marvel has ultimate spiderman....YEAH

You are forgetting the fantastic four from the 90's, the ironman animated series from the 90's, and the silver surfur animated series from the 90's.

The silver surfur was a great show by the way.

Here is a list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_series_based_on_Marvel_Comics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_series_based_on_DC_Comics

#38 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

Under the Red Hood and Young Justice both solo.

#39 Posted by Jphu8414 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

DC for sure but In defense of Marvel, they've had some pretty good TV shows too, Spider-Man TAS, X-Men TAS, X-Men Evolution, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers EMH

The Marvel animated movie department is a bit slacking though, the only memorable ones for me were Ultimate Avengers and Planet Hulk...but I don't think they even come within 10 miles of DC's best animated movies

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (45704 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphu8414 said:

DC for sure but In defense of Marvel, they've had some pretty good TV shows too, Spider-Man TAS, X-Men TAS, X-Men Evolution, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers EMH

The Marvel animated movie department is a bit slacking though, the only memorable ones for me were Ultimate Avengers and Planet Hulk...but I don't think they even come within 10 miles of DC's best animated movies

#41 Posted by reaverlation (17115 posts) - - Show Bio

DC without a doubt

#42 Posted by BlackLegRaph (1052 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has a few I liked, including Avengers EMH and X-men TAS, but there is no doubt that DC takes the cake.

#43 Posted by JasonHawke (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

#44 Edited by Gordyman (622 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is killing the animated scene right now, while Marvel is killing the live-action movies. DC's animated home videos are really good.

#45 Posted by Kazuma_Bushi (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

DC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel in both departments

#46 Posted by Primebonnick (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice man all that needs to be said. Damn shame they cancelled that show cry, still i shall give marvel props for spectacular spider, xmen, AEMH, HULK but DC has them beat by war. Even with new movies that fans are complaining about are still better than the marvel ones.

#47 Edited by flameboy298 (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhetorical Question.

#48 Posted by Black_Arrow (3984 posts) - - Show Bio

DC stomps

#49 Posted by Wardemon32 (4636 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Stomps Hard

• Justice League
  • Justice League Unlimitexd
  • Flashpoint Paradox
  • Young Justice
  • And a lot others
#50 Posted by oOSupermanThatHoeOo (647 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is like Barq's and Marvel is like A & W. Both are root beer kings, nay legends in their own right. But Barq's has bite.

DC is infinitely more enjoyable on both fronts.