• 123 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

2015 will see the release of three DC/WB animated movies. First up -- and on sale today -- is Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. Many of us have been anxiously awaiting this project and rightfully so. Geoff Johns' comic was awesome and the chance to see Aquaman as the lead is an exciting change of pace. I welcome a great Batman or Superman movie with open arms, but this universe has so much more to offer and this is a terrific opportunity to show casual fans there's more to love than just these two iconic dudes. Plus, DC has a pretty long history of very, very enjoyable animated movies. Unfortunately, I thought the movie was just okay.

No Caption Provided

Usually when the credits begin to roll for a DC/WB animated movie, I'm left with a positive impression and a smile on my face. I'm left wanting to head right to the special features and wonder when I'll have some time to watch it all over again. I may not love every single project, but I do enjoy a vast majority of them. However, Justice League: Throne of Atlantis isn't the first recent movie that I think is just okay. Son of Batman also failed to really win me over. It looks like my opinion of both movies being just "okay" are pretty kind compared to many of the comments I've seen about them. I won't repeat any of the comments, but let's just say there's a fair number of people who aren't happy with either project. Not being won over by two recent features does generate concern, but despite that, I still look forward to what's to come and I really am rooting for them. I want nothing more than to love each of these films and I want them to succeed so DC and Warner Bros. can keep making more movies and eventually take risks by allowing other characters to shine.

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis would have benefited from a slightly longer runtime. If you're going to tell a brand new character's origin story, introduce their world and supporting cast and follow-up with a couple of Justice League characters' arcs, things are going to feel a bit unfocused and definitely rushed if it isn't handled properly. That's exactly how many of us felt us about Arthur, Mera, and Ocean Master's stories. It was a little odd to have a movie about the King of Atlantis and walk away feeling like Cyborg had the more compelling plot. But the thing is the movie has roughly the same runtime as several other animated movies. Throne of Atlantis is listed as being 72 minutes long. That's not a lot of time to tackle all of the story it wants to tell. However, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox faced a similar situation and pulled it off with just 75 minutes. That movie needed to establish Barry Allen's story, introduce a whole new world, and unleash new characters while also giving the iconic ones just a bit of love. The difference here is this movie embraced Flash as the lead. It gave love to other characters, but it was all about Barry's journey. That's exactly what Throne of Atlantis needed to do, but instead it spent too much time with the Justice League and, because of that, Arthur's story felt like it was put on the fast track and that never gave us a chance to really care. It started off strong, but then things raced ahead.

I understand the desire to focus on the fact they're creating a new DC Animated Movie Universe (which began with Justice League: War, a movie some hate but I think it's an enjoyable action-comedy), but if they're going to take a risk and give someone other than the Dark Knight or the Man of Steel the spotlight, they need to go all-out and truly celebrate this character. When Throne of Atlantis was over, it didn't make me care any more or any less about Aquaman. That feels like a missed opportunity and hopefully something they'll work on if they do give Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, or anyone else the top spot in an upcoming Justice League project. So, as much as I'd prefer a longer runtime, I don't believe that's the problem. Batman: Year One, Superman vs. The Elite, and Wonder Woman all have runtimes that fall short of 80 minutes. Hell, Batman: Year One is only 64 minutes! That said, if we're one day lucky enough to get a movie inspired by something huge like the Sinestro Corps War, they should strongly consider turning it into a two-parter like they did with The Dark Knight Returns. Everything else though is doable with the limited runtime. It's just a matter of keeping the script focused and making sure we care about these characters while also enjoying some action and comedy!

No Caption Provided

Aside from Batman: Assault on Arkham, the recent movies haven't been creating interesting or compelling villains. Darkseid showed no depth and was essentially a conqueror who loved to brawl (Steve Blum screamed more than he spoke), Deathstroke was turned into a total chump, and Black Manta and Ocean Master were in serious need of more focus. Orm just felt like a power hungry fellow and Black Manta had to give some exposition in the end to justify what he was doing. Ra's al Ghul was removed before we even had a chance to know him. Each of these characters have so much potential and are amazing villains. Orm's a complex character who could have brought so much more emotional weight to the picture. Black Manta's a badass who deserved more time and Deathstroke is a fan favorite and full of possibilities. Instead of being thrilled to see these characters appear in animated movies and how they may be incorporated in future ones, I was left disappointed by their roles and actions. How exceptional would it have been if Batman and Robin needed to work together to take down Slade Wilson? Damian Wayne could have still reached that moral dilemma in the end and it wouldn't feel like it's majorly downplaying such a cool villain. I'm not saying he needed to be virtually unstoppable, but he didn't come across as formidable. Turning one of the universe's most dangerous mercenaries into someone who has trouble with a ten year-old just felt completely off. If they're going to really embrace the lead heroes, they also need to really embrace the characters who challenge them.

We're living in a time when the comic book genre is thriving. Millions of people look forward to comic book movies and watch the TV shows, so these animated movies are yet another way to get them even more interested in the various characters and stories. But if these movies aren't memorable, it won't create new fans or make casual ones feel motivated enough to check out some comics. Have someone watch Under the Red Hoodor Wonder Woman and I'm betting they'd be far more interested in reading the source material. Yes, the ultimate goal here is to produce movies that'll entertain people and make sure they want to buy the next one, but seeing as it draws from several great stories and characters, there's the need to make sure they do the stories justice -- something I'm sure they're well aware of -- and the goal to make even a casual viewer become interested in these individuals and their crazy world.

No Caption Provided

Recent animated movies had no problem delivering fun action (although several bits in Throne of Atlantis did feel generic) and comedy, but the minds behind these movies also need to make sure there's plenty of heart and personality, too. I have no problem admitting that Under the Red Hood's ending still gets to me and Batman: Assault of Arkham was just oozing with personality. I love a fun action-comedy, but as said above, they need to really make sure they're focused on an absorbing story, too. If the bigger picture isn't all that original, the dynamics between the characters need to shine. It often feels like we only get a sample of all the great relationships this evergrowing universe can utilize. Still, I'd say DC animation has more hits than misses and that means they've earned my support. Yes, I'm part of the crowd who enjoys Justice League: War (it's popcorn fun, people), but Throne of Atlantis and Son of Batman don't have me all that concerned about the upcoming projects.

After Throne of Atlantis comes Batman vs. Robin. It is written by J.M.DeMatteis and directed by Jay Oliva (a.k.a. not the team behind Son of Batman). DeMatteis has proven he can do character-driven and captivating stories (Kraven's Last Hunt) and he has no problem with comedy, either (LARFLEEZE). Seeing as Son of Batman established Robin's origin story, this project has the advantage of not needing to spend a lot of time setting up the leads. That means it can hopefully spend more time with the Court of Owls (the organization seems to be taking Nobody's place) and even more time on the father-son relationship. I'm confident in DeMatteis' ability to produce a good script that'll balance fun, heart and action and I'm absolutely confident in Oliva's ability to direct exciting hand-to-hand sequences. Did the trailer blow my mind or make me think it'll be the next brilliant DC animation movie? No. Did it look entertaining and much more promising than Son of Batman? Yes, I'd say so.

No Caption Provided

Expanding a new animated universe comes as a double-edged sword. As we saw in Throne of Atlantis, the need to include other heroes can be a hindrance and take away from the main story. That's always a bummer if it isn't executed well, but it also means there's so much potential for future projects. The fact Aquaman took the lead role is a big deal. It wasn't handled as well as it could have been, but it shows they're willing to let other characters shine. Who's to say they won't learn from their mistakes? A possible Wonder Woman could take note of what Throne of Atlantis did wrong and aim to fix that by focusing heavily on Wonder Woman and her world and not as much on the rest of the heroes. Or what about when they eventually focus on Cyborg, Flash or Green Lantern? The fact we're even talking about these characters potentially getting their own animated movie is thrilling. With DC beginning to create its Cinematic Universe (better late than never), DC animated movies should really take advantage of that and continue to offer more content with these characters who will soon appear on the big screen.

At the end of the day, the success of DC and WB's animated movies is on us. If we like what they're doing or simply want to see more and hope they'll improve, we need to support them with our money and spread the word. Why should they take risks only to have the final product not sell well? If they don't generate enough money, they won't have the opportunity to create more movies and won't have the confidence to truly focus on characters other than Batman and Superman. In the end, sales speak louder than online comments. That's not to say you should remain silent, though! We live in an age where you can send your immediate feedback directly to the creative teams via social media. If you like something, let 'em know what they're doing right. Who doesn't love a compliment? More importantly, they'll know what's working. If something rubbed you the wrong way, let them know. If enough people say they weren't a fan of something and why, it may make an impact. Just make sure it's constructive criticism. Being rude and offensive is not an effective way to make sure someone takes you seriously and listens to what you have to say. If you're disappointed with modern DC animated movies, maybe you should resist buying the next one and, if sales drop enough, it just may cause them to reevaluate how they're approaching these projects.

While Justice League: Throne of Atlantis and Son of Batman weren't all that great, I'm still excited for what's to come. More often than not, these movies successfully pull me into an entertaining world and remind me why I love the DC universe. They may not always live up to the source material and it may not seem like we'll get another "MUST SEE" movie in the near future, but if these movies can captivate us and keep us entertained for a little more than an hour, then I'd say they're worth rooting for.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Great article. I hope DC Animated films can get back on track, the last several have left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last good DC film was Flashpoint or Doom...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Yeah they have been losing track as of late

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I pretty much agree with everything said here, EXCEPT the fact that skill is focused on so much. As a group, I feel like comic book fans tend to focus on how capable a fighter or how badass a character is before they pay any attention to characterization. Son of Batman's Deathstroke didn't just fail because of his lacking skill-set. He failed because he was bland, the changes made to the character were in poor taste, and because he was poorly developed. I don't mean to imply that comic book fans didn't notice and comment on this as well, but sometimes it seems like people put the action above the characterization, which doesn't set a great example for the minds behind there lackluster films.

Long digression aside, on a scale of 1-to-10, I don't think we've gotten anything higher than a 7/10 since TDKR. Assault on Arkham was the only movie I enjoyed in the past few years, and even that doesn't scrape past a 6.5/10 in my book.

I have almost no hope for Batman vs. Robin after being so disappointed with Son of Batman. These films did fine before they tried to fit everything into a shared universe. Maybe it's time we get back to that.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really used to look forward to these films, often just as much as a new live action film. But I don't even care to watch Throne of Atlantis (and I loved that story arc too) after Justice League War and Son of Batman. I really miss how they used to adapt the art style of a particular artist to the film. I'm definitely not buying any of the new films anytime soon, not a fan of the house art style all of them seem to now use.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wish they would stop combining story lines to rush characters into this new universe. Theres no reason Court of Owls and Born To Kill don't deserve their own movies. Both of those are some of the New 52s top-reviewed stories.

Don't even get me started on the amount of disrespect that Black Manta got in Throne of Atlantis. How are they gonna make one of DCs coolest characters a glorified henchman?

Here's to hoping that:

- Batman vs Robin is decent

- They find a new Batman voice

- Sinestro Corps War actually gets a movie (I can dream, okay)

- Death of The Family gets a movie (put down your pitchforks)

- Trinity War/ Forever Evil get some kind of decent treatment because I really like the idea of it but the event fell flat to me in the comics. I just wanna see the New 52 Crime Syndicate cause I love em

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Yes, I'm part of the crowd who enjoys Justice League: War (it's popcorn fun, people)

As am I. Wasn't perfect or great, but I really really enjoyed it.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Throne of Atlantis will probably be the first of these movies I flat out don't watch. I used to go out and buy a physical copy the day of release. Then got demoted to just renting. Now I just don't care anymore.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'm part of the crowd who enjoys Justice League: War (it's popcorn fun, people)

This is really hypocritical given how you rag on Avengers for being popcorn fun ;D

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@saint_wildcard said:

Yeah.. me too.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 560

Last good DC Animated film I watched was The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which is the third film?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

This is really hypocritical given how you rag on Avengers for being popcorn fun ;D

Nah.

1. I didn't really say that JL:War was a popcorn flick, I just quoted the article and that I agree on liking it.

2. I don't recall ever calling Avengers a popcorn flick, I've mostly always say it was average at best and an open mike night.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@supbatz said:

I pretty much agree with everything said here, EXCEPT the fact that skill is focused on so much. As a group, I feel like comic book fans tend to focus on how capable a fighter or how badass a character is before they pay any attention to characterization. Son of Batman's Deathstroke didn't just fail because of his lacking skill-set. He failed because he was bland, the changes made to the character were in poor taste, and because he was poorly developed. I don't mean to imply that comic book fans didn't notice and comment on this as well, but sometimes it seems like people put the action above the characterization, which doesn't set a great example for the minds behind there lackluster films.

Long digression aside, on a scale of 1-to-10, I don't think we've gotten anything higher than a 7/10 since TDKR. Assault on Arkham was the only movie I enjoyed in the past few years, and even that doesn't scrape past a 6.5/10 in my book.

I have almost no hope for Batman vs. Robin after being so disappointed with Son of Batman. These films did fine before they tried to fit everything into a shared universe. Maybe it's time we get back to that.

Thanks. I focused on that because giving him entertaining fights could have compensated a little for having a lackluster character. I figured the opening line in that paragraph ("the recent movies haven't been creating interesting or compelling villains") and then calling him a "total chump" helped express the fact that I was also displeased by how his personality/agenda was handled. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. Flashpoint and Assult on Arkham came close however.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Nah.

1. I didn't really say that JL:War was a popcorn flick, I just quoted the article and that I agree on liking it.

2. I don't recall ever calling Avengers a popcorn flick, I've mostly always say it was average at best and an open mike night.

Quoting a piece of an article makes me assume that you agree with the entirety of what you quote.

Pretty sure popcorn flick and average are more or less interchangeable.

Was just f%cking with you :D

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I actually liked Son of Batman, though I thought Deathstroke was definitely underused. Other movies that I liked was Assault on Arkham and Justice League: Trapped in Time. The Justice League movies now are only for popcorn fun but that's just about it. If DC want to get back on the people's good graces, then they should go back to television and work on some animated material. Even though it would be very unlikely

Anyways nice article.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Haven't seen Flashpoint yet and Assault on Arkham was ok. They haven't made a terrible one in awhile but just been awhile since we've had a good one.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By micah007123

@guru_crack said:

@micah: Haven't seen Flashpoint yet and Assault on Arkham was ok. They haven't made a terrible one in awhile but just been awhile since we've had a good one.

Give Flashpoint a try, it was enjoyable I think in some ways it was better than Arkham other than that I agree. As others stated the animated movies worked better when they weren't all in a shared universe or even based on recent comic events. I just really hope we get Sinestro Corps War and Red Son one day.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@guru_crack said:

Flashpoint and Arkham were great IMO, and TDKR was okay. But then again I'm a Superman fanboy who hates Batman

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quoting a piece of an article makes me assume that you agree with the entirety of what you quote.

A fair assumption.

Pretty sure popcorn flick and average are more or less interchangeable.

I suppose. I don't think I've ever used the term in a positive way though.

Was just f%cking with you :D

I know. I just didn't have a zinger when I responded

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just fix Captain Marvel (or take him out entirely) and I'll be happy.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@guru_crack said:

Flashpoint and Arkham were great IMO, and TDKR was okay. But then again I'm a Superman fanboy who hates Batman

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LOL XD

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: The problem isn't he was poorly characterized, the problem is Deathstoke had absolutely no business being in that film.

Harryvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's really no point in complaining about DC movies anymore but I will because I'm a nerd. They take a title from one story, the plot of another and the characters of a third and create a somewhat entertaining entry that leaves a mixed audience.

Dear DC: Stop Making Stuff Up. The stories are there but you guys seem hell bent on ruining everything just enough so we buy it THEN complain. I'm expecting Dick + Damian to team up with the Joker and take down Hurt and the Black Glove. Now I'm seeing the Court of Owls in the promo which has amazing potential but I never saw that Felix Harmon Gotham Butcher guy. Now THATS a bad guy. The Owls have the potential to be fleshed out as another major force a la League of Assassins. I hope they knock this one out of the park.

Nah. We're DC. We like to throw random components in a blender because we're pretending to be creative and spend the majority of our budget on voice actors. Is that even a thing? Voice Acting? Give me a break and stop hiring D-list celebs who are desperate for work and acting like you scored.

Loyalty to source material > DC's attempt at creating new universes.

And give me some Green Lantern! Batman was my gateway drug but for crying out loud there's 10 years worth of excellent story telling in the GL universe. That and I really really really want to see and hear Guy Gardner come to life.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really the problem is that Warner Premier shut down about 2 ears ago (around the time they were making Flashpoint Paradox), so now all these films lack the same budget and resources as before. Not to mention Geoff Johns use to be heavily involved in the making of these films, but now that he's busy with 5 different projects, I doubt he has any more time to work on these films with the producers.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: haha that might be your problem. Batman is one of my favourite characters. But used to hate Superman before I got into comics. Quite like him now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Assault on Arkham actually got me into DC Animation.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

You got on at the wrong time then :/ (not a dis against AoA, considering I liked that movie a lot, more just a slam on how poorly DC animation is peforming on other films like Throne of Atlantis and Son of Batman)

I hope they improve.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@saint_wildcard said:

@xwraith said:

You got on at the wrong time then :/ (not a dis against AoA, considering I liked that movie a lot, more just a slam on how poorly DC animation is peforming on other films like Throne of Atlantis and Son of Batman)

I hope they improve.

TBH, I've felt that way for a while now. But I have gone back and seen a lot of the older ones (Wonder Woman, Red Hood, Superman vs. the Elite, etc).

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@supbatz: The problem isn't he was poorly characterized, the problem is Deathstoke had absolutely no business being in that film.

Also an issue. But if they just had to include him for some reason that is completely beyond my comprehension, they could have at least given us a decent version of the character.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

They need to make a Kingdom Come animated movie. But not with those outfits. Also try to find an animator who can do Alex Ross's style.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really liked throne of atlantis,felt the action was really cool and also liked the characters that are in the film.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they don't continue to screw up movies based on the New 52. Those anti New 52 weenies don't need more ammo :/

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movies haven't been too bad, I haven't seen Flashpoint and I don't intend to, but none of them have ever reached the quality and enjoyment of Justice League or Justice League Unlimitted. Those were well done, with consistent style and writing and the movies are scattershot in comparison.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Assault on Arkham is great, I always enjoy rewatching it. Son of Batman and Throne of Atlantis I've both skipped, simply because both failed to really nab my attention and both looked mediocre.

I hope Batman vs Robin is good, but I'm not holding my breath (personally) as I'm not a fan of Damian.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Also an issue. But if they just had to include him for some reason that is completely beyond my comprehension, they could have at least given us a decent version of the character.

It's kind of hard to get a decent Deathstroke when he's not a Titans villain.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

The DCAU hasn't kicked off compeletely well...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_stegman  Moderator

So far, I've liked all of the New DC animated films except for Son of Batman.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright everyone, TDKR wasn't as OMG-worthy as you're making it sound.

-the rest of us.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By feedonatreefrog

TDKR aside, War, Assault on Arkham, and Throne of Atlantis are probably the animated DC movies I've enjoyed the most, mainly because the simple well-paced plots allows the incredibly well-done action to shine, peppered with some fun banter and hilarious one-liners.

While definitely a far cry from the potential of the source material, these movies are still a ton of fun imo.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Captain13

I really want to like these like I used to, but I would say the Post-Flashpoint films have all been bad. And that's an understatement. My biggest problem is that they try to do too much because they try to feature so many characters prominently when they should be using smaller 5-6 person teams like Crisis on Two Earths, Guardians of the Galaxy, or The Avengers. That way you can actually develop the characters, develop the team dynamic, and make all the characters seem useful. There's only so much you can do with everyone from a writing or staging standpoint. In trying to please everyone, you're not going to please anyone.

My other problems are that these movies are coming across as childish and have no emotional resonance. I don't care about the characters as human beings, and I long for the mature storytelling that was part of the DCAU and the earlier DVD films. I mean, remember Mask of the Phantasm, The Batman/Superman Movie, Return of the Joker, Wonder Woman, Crisis on Two Earths, Under the Red Hood, Dark Knight Returns, or the Cadmus Arc on Justice League Unlimited?

More Stories Like These, Please.

Here's to hoping Bruce Timm can get these films back on track with Justice League: Gods and Monsters.

No Caption Provided

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So far, I've liked all of the New DC animated films except for Son of Batman.

So have I. And for me Son of Batman wasn't terrible. Just the weakest of them all.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR i thought was phenomenal. a few of the other batman movies were good. as for the new throne of atlantis, flashpoint, and son of batman.. they weren't bad. i can see where DC needs to make improvements but the films weren't all that bad...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC Animated Movies: Used to be soooooooooo much better. But they've gone the route of New 52 stories so...how could you expect anything less? *sizzle sizzle*

Joe_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Joe_Chill

I actually really liked Assault on Arkham. The only thing I didn't like was the nudity parts... Kinda made me uncomfortable. I didn't watch Son of Batman or Throne of Atlantis though because I heard so much bad stuff about them.

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n Only film(s) to come out since Flashpoint Paradox. That were decent watches, was Assault on Arkham.

Flashpoint

Could have been good. But the story felt rushed, and a lot of the good parts either from the main story or from the stories expanding upon the alternate timeline of Flashpoint, were just left out.

Like who was the Reverse Flash to Flash? In the film, he just looked like some random goon among Barry's rogues, who happened to have similar powers to Barry. Rather than him being the guy who messed up Barry's life by brutally killing his mother. An act of which led to Barry's father rotting an dying in jail.

They even took out Barry's talk with his mother. Telling her that he has to let her die, cause otherwise it'll mean a repeat of Flashpoint, and thee end or near end of the world, with either way resulting in countless numbers of lives lost.

Plus I also kinda wanted to see the Martha Wayne/Joker character as well. >_>

Really a film that needed a 2 part to it.

2-1/2 out of 5

Justice League War

Was really a rushed an boring film.

An the voice acting wasn't impressive.

Plus the whole Superman x Wonder Woman crap, can go burn. Worst idea of a pairing PERIOD!!!! Don't matter if it's the crap that is New 52 or alternate universes. It's bad either way!

2/5

Son of Batman

Plain, boring, bad plot, and worst of all it has Damien Wayne in it.

1/5

Assault on Arkham

This movie was okay. Though I didn't like how it became all about the Joker. An while it was nice to see other characters take more of the center stage, they just didn't feel entirely developed that much.

Worst part though, was the ending when Joker released all the other inmates. Cause since this is a "prequel" to the events of the game of Arkham Asylum, and that we see "Bane" among the many others thrown out there as tease for the game(s) themselves, just doesn't add in with the events of Asylum at all.

Also IMO it'd have been better if this film took place between City and Knight, that way we could maybe get some more closure on the ending of City as well maybe promote the events of Knight.

3/5

Thrones of Atlantis

As already said before. Film felt rushed, and didn't do justice to either the story or it's characters. Especially the one that it's supposed to be mostly about.

Plus more Super x Wonder BS.

2/5

yaboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By yaboi

Needs new direction. Awful!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MAZAHS117

I don't know wtf happened. Seems like after Flashpoint the sh!t hit the fan. Everything they put out was pretty much gold and then .....WAR....happened. Assualt on Arkham is the only stand out, everything else besides that relased after Flashpoint they can have back.

It's not MARVEL animation bad, but it's nowhere near the quality of what we got pre-Flashpoint.

What sucks is that there are a bunch of events/stories on my wish list (Kingdom Come, Blackest Night, Zero Year, Sinestro Corp, COIE's, The First Lantern) that I now don't even want them to touch if we're gonna get "Son of Batman" or "Throne of Atlantis" level quality :-|

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

R.I.P. ANimation in couple of years.

~MiB