DC and Marvel Movie Universe

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi fellow viners, today I am bringing a topic which has been around since like forever..There was a post in facebook about shared universes,that now shared universe is becoming more popular than the standalone movies.people took this topic and turned it into a DC vs Marvel brawl.first it was like DC is trying to catch upto Marvel and their formula is not right they should do like Marvel did stand alone movies first then straight up DC only makes crap movies, only Marvel knows how to make a good movie their was this guy who writes"fans want DC movies as good as Marvel movies that's never gonna happen"Does it really matter who can do it better, it is important they keep making these comicbook movies so we can enjoy.

With the recent success of GOTG Marvel fans are always basing DC, I mean why..yes what Marvel is doing is great but that is not a reason to say DC or WB cannot do it or it's never gonna happen.Both these companies did awesome movies and also straight up crap movies.some people seems to forget the crap movie marvel made and they are only looking at their successful franchises, First of all these companies are in Entertainment Business, their main motive is making money,, if they don't they will stop making these movies doesn't matter what fan's want.This a time when comicbook movies are very popular and yes Marvel studios are more or less responsible for it and that is why they make long time plans but it is also true Marvel only makes genre movies they don't make any other type of movies whereas WB is way more bigger company and loads of projects in their hand they were not into this genre like Marvel is and also they want properties that makes money that is why they were sticking with their big guns Superman and Batman.But now they know there is huge potential for comicbook movies so they announce their movie slate upto 2020.They want quality movie which also makes money just not straight up introduce any character they like.

One bad movie (in my opinion average movie) GL and people are always on WB's back.People are now a days always saying DC should learn from Marvel,,I mean why should they, Marvel has their own formula DC has their own.why can't people just relax and see what happens in the long term.If WB was like Marvel Studios whole world will be seeing Justice League 20, Superman 25,Batman 28 and many more,but they are not like them. Also WB has started making comicbook movie way before Marvel has.(Swamp Thing,Supergirl,Catwomen,Jonah Hex,Constantine,Red,loosers,watchmen,V for Vendetta)People just have to compare one with the other.I believe this is a time for comicbook fans and it will be for next 5-10 years and we will be watching magic happens when these 30 odd movies hits the theater..It's like gold mine I have been waiting long time to see Batman and Superman together on a big screen and The Infinity War, I never thought it would be possible.. can't wait to watch Thanos kick some Avengers ass. People should enjoy it not pit against each other, I am afraid this rivalry might cost us some good movies or character.. and if they really want to fight for DC and Marvel that's what sites like Comicvine is for. Honestly I think it's getting boring to hear everywhere Marvel is better than DC or DC is loosing.Just want your opinion and please don't make it another DC vs Marvel war.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I think Marvel has the better film universe, started earlier more titles out. So yea Marvel universe is better but the stand alone films DC is better. V for Vendetta & The dark Knight trilogy are the best comic to movie films I have watched.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Marvel has the better film universe, started earlier more titles out. So yea Marvel universe is better but the stand alone films DC is better. V for Vendetta & The dark Knight trilogy are the best comic to movie films I have watched.

Agreed.Marvel has created a universe which all most everyone likes,whereas DC haven't started yet that doesn't mean DC cannot do it in future.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

My only serious issue with DC movies is that Groot and Rocket Raccoon had to be in a blockbuster summer movie before WB nutted up to give Wonder Woman a chance. Now if you had asked me a decade ago who would be in a movie first out of these characters, I'd have laughed at you for even thinking Rocket and Groot would ever be in a movie. Don't get me wrong Rocket and Groot are great but they should have had the 3rd member of the Trinity out before Green Lantern was even mentioned as possible.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well for me its as simple as this...Dc movies focus more on centering the attention on the lead character and the lead villain, they give them perfectly made lines and character development. But in the process they seem to forget the surrounding characters and plot holes sometimes. While marvel on the other hand focuses on all of the character getting equal value, Easter eggs, and action inorder to make the theatre experience as epic as possible. If you ask me, both of these companies should take notes from one another.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

My only serious issue with DC movies is that Groot and Rocket Raccoon had to be in a blockbuster summer movie before WB nutted up to give Wonder Woman a chance. Now if you had asked me a decade ago who would be in a movie first out of these characters, I'd have laughed at you for even thinking Rocket and Groot would ever be in a movie. Don't get me wrong Rocket and Groot are great but they should have had the 3rd member of the Trinity out before Green Lantern was even mentioned as possible.

that would probably be cause rocket was only in 10 comics in his first 30 years of existence, and it looks like groot was only in 3

but the GotG team they're on was made the same year Iron Man came out, as if marvel planned on making them a movie right from the start

they took unknown characters and made them exactly how they wanted so they could work in a movie

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Leatherface003

Well for me its as simple as this...Dc movies focus more on centering the attention on the lead character and the lead villain, they give them perfectly made lines and character development. But in the process they seem to forget the surrounding characters and plot holes sometimes. While marvel on the other hand focuses on all of the character getting equal value, Easter eggs, and action inorder to make the theatre experience as epic as possible. If you ask me, both of these companies should take notes from one another.

Nice view.This is why comicvine is great because here people actually care about this genre movies and argue with logic..rest of the places people are so damn bogus half the time they don't even know what they are saying and constantly putting up crap..

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I have to say gotg was a major surpise, any people including me thought it would fail, but it was great