DBGT Questions

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blade_R

1. I'm a long term fan of Dragon Ball but I never really figured out how Super 17 was so powerful, i cant imagine 2 android 17's being that powerful when fused together. I know we can all use the default answer "Its part of GT , GT was garbage so it doesn't matter" but im sure somebody out there has a theory explaining how Super 17 was so powerful

2. Am I the only one who felt like GT didn't really do Uub justice? (not that it did many others justice either) but I feel like uub especially was treated as some unimportant side character even though IMO he had a lot of potential, I mean the good reincarnation of buu should have been epic, yet he really didn't do anything other than a little bit in the baby saga.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1. Maybe Dr. Miyuu made it so that when they fuse, their powers increase exponentially. Other than that, idunno

2. Goku was the only character that ever mattered in that series. Oob was especially cast aside because by the time GT began, base Goku was already as powerful as Kid Buu (by his own admission). Oob, who is Kid Buu reincarnated, was defunct from the beginning

superflash100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By superflash100
No Caption Provided

gt was poop

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GT was terrible. I hope that answered all of your questions.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@farkam: GT was great *sticks tongue out*

superflash100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

yea this guy knows poop shows them

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JakeN7

@blade_r: 1. My theory is the process Miyuu used to fuse them together was more akin to multiplying the two powers together instead of just adding them like you'd normally find in a fusion.

2. No you're not, that's one of GT's biggest problems (treatment of tertiary characters) and is a common complaint.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JakeN7

@superflash100: When was the last time you guys actually watched it? And did you watch it start to finish, or did you just catch a few episodes from a VHS you rented at Blockbuster some years back?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blade_R

@jaken7 said:

@superflash100: When was the last time you guys actually watched it? And did you watch it start to finish, or did you just catch a few episodes from a VHS you rented at Blockbuster some years back?

Yeah I wonder that myself when it comes to some of the haters, I own every box set of Dragon Ball, Z and the both of the GT box sets on DVD, and while GT was not as good as Dragon Ball or Z, I didn't actually hate it, I enjoyed it but then again I might be blinded by nostalgia and my love for all of the characters lol

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: I know, right? I used to be one of those guys that I described, always mouthing off about how GT is sh*t on the Internet. But then I bought the box sets and..... (this may be a strange concept) actually watched it, it was really good! The first 16 episode arc was a great homage to OG Dragonball, and the rest was a fine addition to Z. It may have to do with them cutting the first 16 episodes out of the initial NA release (because it was too much like Dragonball, and audiences had grown accustomed to the action of Z), and so watching it made no sense. Who knows? I love it. Not as much as DB or Z, but still quite a bit.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@blade_r: I know, right? I used to be one of those guys that I described, always mouthing off about how GT is sh*t on the Internet. But then I bought the box sets and..... (this may be a strange concept) actually watched it, it was really good! The first 16 episode arc was a great homage to OG Dragonball, and the rest was a fine addition to Z. It may have to do with them cutting the first 16 episodes out of the initial NA release (because it was too much like Dragonball, and audiences had grown accustomed to the action of Z), and so watching it made no sense. Who knows? I love it. Not as much as DB or Z, but still quite a bit.

Exactly, ill admit at one point I used to hate on it because that's what all the other hardcore fans were doing but once I actually purchased the complete series and watched it from start to finish with the hero's legacy movie, I couldn't hate on it, is it as good as DB or DBZ? Of course not , but I cant lie and pretend I didn't enjoy it , I was even bummed out after hero's legacy because that's when it really hit me that that was the end lol that's why I was overcome with joy when BOTG was announced. But I had no idea they cut the first 16 from the original release, I was late on GT. I got into DB and Z when I was like 6 or 7 on toonami then for some reason (if my memory serves correct) they didn't finish the buu saga, so I started buying them on VHS and once I finished Z I was in like 3rd or 4th grade and then I found out about GT when I was in 5th grade lol

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: Agreed. Yeah, they broadcast it as one condensed "here's what happened" episode. It was terrible. That's my favorite part of GT actually.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@blade_r: Agreed. Yeah, they broadcast it as one condensed "here's what happened" episode. It was terrible. That's my favorite part of GT actually.

Yeah I enjoyed the beginning too and I swear it flowed perfectly into the baby saga IMO like the transition from the blackstar dragon ball saga into the baby saga was executed very well.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JakeN7

@blade_r: Yeah, actually. I can't say the same about Baby Saga to Super 17 Saga, but that arc just felt like filling anyways.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@blade_r: Yeah, actually. I can't say the same about Baby Saga to Super 17 Saga, but that arc just felt like filling anyways.

Yeah I agree the baby saga didn't flow into the 17 saga as well

gokuboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gokuboss

@blade_r:

@blade_r said:

@jaken7 said:

Yeah I agree the baby saga didn't flow into the 17 saga as well

ss4 was cool and baby i like then earth blows up and new saga

@superflash100 said:
@farkam said:

yea this guy knows poop shows them

you dont have to wach it to know it is poop

my buddy @farkam knows poop tell him

it was not poop you and you buddy know what that smells like :p

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r:

1.) I agree, he should not have been that powerful. The only way he could be that powerful is if his powers grew exponentially or multiplied their PLs together instead of adding them together when they fused.

2.) They did a horrible job with uub..... they made him a useless character in my opinion. It was things like these two incidents that made me not like GT. That and having Pan and Geroo involved so much. I hated those two characters sooooooo much. But other then that I still like DBGT. It had its major flaws, but at least I got to watch Goku in action again!

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By those_eyes

@blade_r: they should have made good buu out to be a beast. I hate how he was so under used.