• 77 results
Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

People need to calm down. So they made a movie you don't like, big deal quit acting like they beat up your mom.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@gambit474: That's the point. She was forced onto this movie. There was no legitimate reason to have her get the aether other than to have an excuse to give her more screen time. It could have been anyone to find it.

Don't compare her to Lois lane who actually served an integral part in progressing the superman story. Jane is a background character at most.

They didn't need to come back to earth either. Thor has been there twice, the consequences of his visits have already been established, it was not needed. They could have explored his universe more and still tied it into the cosmic theme.

U

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
No Caption Provided

I enjoyed it for what it was worth. Was it anywhere near perfect? No. Was it a really fun, well rounded film that improved on most of the errors of the last one and actually respected the source material? Yeah it was.

This...Thor 2 was entertaining...and I would say the best superhero movie so far this year

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By icec0ld

@blazinasian112: To each his own but i dont like watching a fight s ene in which the characters are cracking joke after joke and there is goofy slapstick. ThiS was a childs movie. Spiderman cant come soon enough.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This movie definitely was not garbage i would give it a 8.5/10 and i disagree with alot of your statements

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But predator though ????

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Manchine

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: That's the point. She was forced onto this movie. There was no legitimate reason to have her get the aether other than to have an excuse to give her more screen time. It could have been anyone to find it.

Don't compare her to Lois lane who actually served an integral part in progressing the superman story. Jane is a background character at most.

They didn't need to come back to earth either. Thor has been there twice, the consequences of his visits have already been established, it was not needed. They could have explored his universe more and still tied it into the cosmic theme.

U

And of course "anyone" finding it would've been pointless..What if some completely nameless character found it? Malakath could just kill him/her off and it'd be done with it since there would be no other point to them other than carrying the Aether. Rofl don't compare..I can too compare bud since a love interest is a love interest whether you like it or not. Oh yes explore his universe which will have nothing to do with Ultron once he comes around..Boy that makes so much sense. Hey Thor go play around in one of the other realms to satisfy pantherman while Thanos and Ultron try to destroy the Earth. That will go over so well. You're complaining about jokes but want to bring up Spider-man who is a character known for making jokes and smart alek comments

Smh you sound more like a child pitching a temper tantrum over someone who didn't like the film

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By icec0ld

@gambit474: Youre dead wrong.

A few things: Since Malakith got the aether back anyway it was clear the only reason Jane had it was to make her relevant. She was forced into this movie. One of the warrior three could have found it, been lurking around Asgard with it unbeknownst to Thor or anyone else. This then could have played into them now under the influence of the Aether working espionage for Malakith setting up the first invasion of Asgard. Now tell me that would not have been far more compelling then Jane I am lonely Foster being shoved down our throats?

I really don't know what your getting at with the Thanos and Ultron thing because they only tied in via a post credit scene. There was no connection made to them the entire film. It was Malakith threatening earth, which brings up the question, why earth? It has already been set up in two different movies that a major event will take place there so why revisit it a third time? He could have stayed on Asgard or in the Nine realms and still the stone found it's way to the collector at the end of the movie so I don't see why it had to be earth, other than providing an excuse to involve Jane Foster and friends.

Lastly there is a huge difference between Peter Parker making wise cracks and slapstick occurring during whats supposed to be a hostile alien attack. The Spiderman movies had great emotional tone and depth. There was emotional consequence and it didn't shift from a sad scene straight to a barrage of gags and slapstick.

I will say this upon revisiting the film. I didn't like it because I am more accustomed to a more serious type of film. The way that Blade 1, X-men 1&2, Spiderman 1,2 and Amazing spider man, the Batman films, and Man of Steel were done is amazingly. They take themselves seriously and are as grounded as they can be considering the material. These movies are not cheesy, there is no misplaced comedic scenes or sappy love stories. There is strong tragedy, our heroes are put through the wringer and tested at dark levels, and there is very deep character development. Thor 2 was the exact opposite, it did not take itself seriously at all. It didn't bother to explain many things that occurred or examine it's villain or really challenge its hero to any real emotional or psychological level. So taking it for what it is, then I can't really say it was bad anymore but it was nothing like what I expected.

This movie in it's plot is more similar to twilight than a space epic with the Jane and Thor story at the center of a space battle story, just the same as twilight was Bella and Edwards love story at the center of a vampire war. Its tone is very much like Pirates of the Caribbean very light hearted ( the constant jokes) with family friendly action.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SandMan_

Too much words guys...LOL Dawson's creek

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@pantherman: Malekith chose earth because its Migard, the middle realm. You also heard Thor tell Jane that the 9 realms revolve around Midgard.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Yeah,those are the main problems of the movie but I still enjoyed it way more than the first one.There were things that were too much or didn't have any place in the movie but it entertained me way more than the first one.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: It was ok in spots but whenever one of the jokes really landed and it was funny, they would kill it by following it up with three or four cornball jokes that annoying. i wanted to hit someone because of all the intern jokes. they brought that up so many times and it simply wasnt funny.

also since this was chick flick we got to see thor all shiny and buffed like a fresh cleaned car. But natalie portman and kat dennings were covered head to toe the whole movie which should be considered a crime. especially kat because her body is beyond sexy. they had her wearing like 12 layers of thick wool coats and hats.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@pantherman: I don't expect anything different from Marvel than lame corny jokes that crack up the serious situation the characters are in.They love to do that and that is why they can never succeed in making a movie like the Dark Knight or just a serious movie that is good not only because of the action and jokes but because of the character development,plot and serious tone.

I'm not a fan of Kat Dennings so I didn't mind seeing her in a lot of clothes.She is not my type and she is often really off-putting to me.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: Youre dead wrong.

A few things: Since Malakith got the aether back anyway it was clear the only reason Jane had it was to make her relevant. She was forced into this movie. One of the warrior three could have found it, been lurking around Asgard with it unbeknownst to Thor or anyone else. This then could have played into them now under the influence of the Aether working espionage for Malakith setting up the first invasion of Asgard. Now tell me that would not have been far more compelling then Jane I am lonely Foster being shoved down our throats?

I really don't know what your getting at with the Thanos and Ultron thing because they only tied in via a post credit scene. There was no connection made to them the entire film. It was Malakith threatening earth, which brings up the question, why earth? It has already been set up in two different movies that a major event will take place there so why revisit it a third time? He could have stayed on Asgard or in the Nine realms and still the stone found it's way to the collector at the end of the movie so I don't see why it had to be earth, other than providing an excuse to involve Jane Foster and friends.

Lastly there is a huge difference between Peter Parker making wise cracks and slapstick occurring during whats supposed to be a hostile alien attack. The Spiderman movies had great emotional tone and depth. There was emotional consequence and it didn't shift from a sad scene straight to a barrage of gags and slapstick.

I will say this upon revisiting the film. I didn't like it because I am more accustomed to a more serious type of film. The way that Blade 1, X-men 1&2, Spiderman 1,2 and Amazing spider man, the Batman films, and Man of Steel were done is amazingly. They take themselves seriously and are as grounded as they can be considering the material. These movies are not cheesy, there is no misplaced comedic scenes or sappy love stories. There is strong tragedy, our heroes are put through the wringer and tested at dark levels, and there is very deep character development. Thor 2 was the exact opposite, it did not take itself seriously at all. It didn't bother to explain many things that occurred or examine it's villain or really challenge its hero to any real emotional or psychological level. So taking it for what it is, then I can't really say it was bad anymore but it was nothing like what I expected.

This movie in it's plot is more similar to twilight than a space epic with the Jane and Thor story at the center of a space battle story, just the same as twilight was Bella and Edwards love story at the center of a vampire war. Its tone is very much like Pirates of the Caribbean very light hearted ( the constant jokes) with family friendly action.

I'm not wrong at all bud. What did you expect them to do with her? Oh hey let's introduce Jane as Thor's love interest in the first but completely ignore her in the second because pantherman didn't like her..That kind of crap is what happens in the Resident Evil films when certain characters wind up not being seen in one and then all of a sudden they show up in the next with no explanation whatsoever on where they went or what happened to them. One of the warrior three weren't going to find it..These two films have played them off as Thor's sidekicks instead of how they're portrayed in the comics so that wouldn't have changed anything. You just don't seem to get it..Thor is going to be involved with Earth more than anything else because that's where a majority of the events in the Marvel films are taking place. Hell the guy is a part of the avengers now so when they call he answers. So it's bad if they make jokes in Thor when there's an alien attack yet in the first Avengers film Tony was making jokes nonstop yet that was perfectly fine. Oh the irony..

It sounds like you obviously don't know the difference between Marvel and DC films because DC's films have always had the more mature and darker toned films whereas Marvel's are known for being fun popcorn action flicks. As I've said before Malakath wasn't an interesting villain to begin with since Loki got more attention paid to him anyways..As much as Marvel's been relying on RDJ as Iron Man they've also been showing favoritism to Hiddleston's Loki as well. I watched this film and literally didn't care about Malakath because I've seen that whole "turn the world to darkness"crap many times in fantasies or w.e(Dawnguard storyline in Skyrim anyone?)Malakath didn't stand a chance of being a more focused villain in the film with Loki being around. Your list isn't that great anyways because I've seen all the x-men films and none of them were really that great and Spider-man's were overrated. The only relevant ones you mentioned that took a more mature tone was the Superman and Batman films

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Night Thrasher

Wow...what has become of Comicvine? All there is now is a bunch of crybaby threads about how "movies/comics/shows aren't exactly how they want them to be so therefore they suck!" It was a good movie and I enjoyed myself watching it, so did my date so quit crying Comicvine.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

night thrasher

i thought the movie was far too light hearted and there were a ton of good story lines ignored in favor of a corny love story. like frigga's death not having any real impact whatsoever. you think the death of his mother would have changed the tone of the whole movie like whistlers death in blade, or uncle ben in spiderman, or how superman fathers death changed the way he saw himself vs humans in man of steel.

The movie had no consequence at all.

i was just expecting a far more mature films.

gambit toney starks making quips during a fight in which he was totally focused, taunting the shitari, and even concerned for his safety is far from turning an extinction level event into a slapstic gag, and having people completely ig.ore total chaos for making out. It was dumb no matter how you cut it. Your own view makes no sense. Think about it, the love of your life is possessed by aether and being hunted by an evil elf. That same evil elf is attempting to dominate several planets at once. Your city was invaded a wrecked, your mom murdered, your father doesnt approve of your girlfriend, and your brother is in prison. all of this and this movie has an overwhelmingly cheery tone with constant jokes. The movie should have been far more somber in tone with all of the horrible things that occurred. It makes all the jokes that much more annoying.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I don't wanna wait,for Jane Foster to get older, cause she ages faster than us gods! I don't wanna wait, for Kurse to smash me with that boulder, cause it will mess up my hair."

You my friend, have won this thread. I couldn't stop laughing after reading this post.

billyblaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wife didn't want to see Thor 2 at the movies with me, so I ended up waiting until it was on Encore. I recorded it with the DVR, watched it last night, and almost didn't finish it because it was just that bad.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it.

Thor 3 needs less Jane and more Hercules though. *shifty eyes*

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it bad that I found Kurse more interesting than Malekith, even though he was meant to be the uninteresting one?

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By Juke

Yeah, I'm not really a big fan of Thor's solo movies... He's probably my favorite Avenger in the new MCU but his love story with Jane Foster is absolute garbage.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I rented it and never saw it all the way through.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided