Darth Maul's relationship with Dathomir?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I know that Darth Maul is from Dathomir and that he was restored to health by Mother Talzin during the Clone Wars. What I'm wondering is if he has any real relation to Dathomir? Like, does what is his relationship with Mother Talzin, the Nightsisters, the Nightbrothers, and Asajj Ventress?

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Erkan12

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: As of the Clone Wars, was he associated with them at all?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do the Nightsisters think of Maul? What about Ventress? Why was Maul selected to be a Sith as opposed to anyone else on Dathomir? Does he know and/or like Mother Talzin?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheVivas

@nfactor1995:

1. I don't think there's any mention of Nightsister interaction with Maul in the comics.

2. Can't remember about the Nightsisters and Bentress, although she was one of them (iirc) and fought with them against Grievous when he invaded in TCW.

3. Are you talking Canon or EU? In the Darth Plagueis novel, Sidious is handed an infant (which is Maul), realizes he has strong potential in the Force, and decides to train him as a Sith Assassin since then. In Canon, can't remember.

4. Maul knows Talzin and calls her "Mother" in the Son of Dathomir comics. He contacts her to ask what to do with Dooku after he captures him (or how to capture him, one of those two) and gets angry when she dies. So yeah, they have a connection.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Thanks for the reply man! Yes I am talking canon, that's pretty much all I care about now because that's what actually happened in the universe. And I was wondering if Ventress and Maul had any connection because they are both from or associated with Dathomir.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: EU is still better......lol.

But I'm not sure. I haven't watched TCW in a while, but I don't think it ever mentioned they had a connection. Usually the girls don't live with the guys on Dathomir, as they are seen as superior.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: This is more of a hypothetical question, but do you think that standard would be in effect even for Maul considering he is now a Sith? I get the feeling he would consider himself over them if he returned home.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@nfactor1995: Not everyone of Dathomir is force sensitive. SO Sidious had to take someone who is sensitive to the force otherwise they'd be an assassin with a light saber with no force capabilities.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: I think he'd definitely think of himself as above the other Nightsisters.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

his blood originated from there