darksied's character

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ive seen a lot of viners complain about how dc writers don't understand darkseid. Could someone give me an in-depth analysis of his character (include motives)

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yeah, I think DC writers have failed to show Darkseid's full potential. The full power of the Omega effect was never clarified. He has a mega-wide range of powers, yet he is rarely shown using them like telekinesis and telepathy. His Omega Beams have been shown to hurt Spectre (Hal) and be endured by Superman. That was Pre-52 though, in New-52 I think he's finally going to get the respect and the power he deserves.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive seen a lot of viners complain about how dc writers don't understand darkseid. Could someone give me an in-depth analysis of his character (include motives)

to sum it up he is the final boss of DC

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well Batman tried going up against him head-to-head... That was just a fail on it's own merit.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well Batman tried going up against him head-to-head... That was just a fail on it's own merit.

Trying to and actually doing something are two separate things.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

@transformers1024 said:

Trying to and actually doing something are two separate things.

Not to mention the entire JLA helped him create the suit that barely caused Darkseid to stumble...

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: Well.......he is Darksied so it's not that surprising.

I know... gotta say the suit did better against Darkseid than the JLA last time they fought.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: Not exactly Darkseid got humiliated by the JLA and both eyes smashed

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

@digitalshooter9: Not exactly Darkseid got humiliated by the JLA and both eyes smashed

Last time I checked, he was soloing the league without any issues...

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: He got damaged, stabbed by aquaman and wonder woman

not to mention BFR'd by cyborg

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

darkseid is just underrated

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid is not just another world conquerer character that wants to destroy everything. He is not the God of Evil.

Darkseid is the God of Tyranny and Anti-Life. Back in the day he had a contemplative personality and did things such as appear before a child just to analyze her reaction. Hks character is just far deeper than most writers seem to realize.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Darkseid is much more than they write him out to be

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid's main motive is to end all life. The anti-life equation. He once said to Batman that he admired him because his race had no problem killing one another (humans murder humans all the time) But he doesn't go about it like other villains, he's not a generic "kill everyone/destroy the world" villain. He's smart. He's calculating. He's methodical. Everything he does has a purpose. I'd also say he's a pretty curious guy too, like his wish to study superman or use Supergirl as a weapon. Like a scientist. He is also impossible to intimidate and knows just how powerful he is. If Darkseid isn't powerful that hurt shis character. He needs to be the top dog, unless its someone like the anti monitor or spectre.

A lot of people say Geoff Johns wrote a horrible Darkseid in the first story arc of new 52 JL. I disagree though. I thought it was perfect. What was bad about it was the dialogue. But Darkseid's actions were on point. He came and fought the most powerful people on the planet to test earth's grit and resilience. Now that he knows, he's ready to come back and wreck everyone. He could've killed GL and probably all of JL but like I said before, he's not as simple as that. He wants to know what he is destroying before he destroys it. Almost like a scientist.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uxas (Darkseid) wasn't always the father of evil and tyranny. Back when his mother was Queen Heggra of Apokolips, he was just her prince, a mind devoted to science and he fell in love with another scientist by the name of Suli. Together, they had planned to leave Apokolips for New Genesis and raise a child there in secret. Heggra, did not approve of her son's choice in a love interest, however, and even though she did not know it, her son had wed Suli in secret and they produced a child--Kalibak. Queen Heggra heckled Uxas about marrying Tigra, a female warrior of Apokolips. He declined so much, Heggra decided to have Desaad poison Suli. With her death, so too died anything that was good in Uxas. Uxas became the embodiment of evil, and planned his rise to power. He figured out that Desaad had poisoned Suli but decided to use him, and instead employed his help to begin a conspiracy against his mother and uncle, Steppenwolf. During this time, his mother forced Uxas to marry Tigra and they too, had a son by the name of Orion. Uxas gradually rose to power, usurping everything from his mother's grip and killed both she and Steppenwolf.

His loss at the hands of his own Mother proved too great, and Darkseid wished his suffering on the Universe.

That's how it began, at least. I think he went at it for so long he completely lost any semblance of whom he was before.

Though, I do believe he still has feelings for his first wife, Suli, and it's the reason he mistreats and abuses Kalibak so harshly. Kalibak, although molded by Apokolips, represents everything that was before. It represents a time he was vulnerable. Darkseid grew to be cold, methodical and ruthless. His motive is to subject the entire multiverse to his will, and have all obey Darkseid.

To live is to die for Darkseid.