Dark Reign vs Age of Apocalypse

TheDudeMcDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By TheDudeMcDude

Which was a better the better crossover epic. While looking at this, you may feel that there is no comparison because these two events are far too different. The more I thought about them however, the more I thought how similar they both are. They both deal with a super villain rising to a state of power and put in a large control over the Marvel world, the only difference is that Apocalypse gained control through brute force and sheer power while Osborn gained it through a much more political and tactile route. Both events offered large amounts of stories giving us a very radical shake up of the Marvel Universe, but which had the best stories and offered a better view of the villain calling the shots. As much as I prefer Osborn/Goblin as a villain and I love many of the Dark Reign stories like American Son, Dark Avengers, The List, X-Men Utopia etc. I have to give my vote to Age of Apocalypse, due to the fact that it had a much more stable plot, even though Dark Reign wasn't really about a plot, it was more or less a status quo change, while I still felt with Age of Apocalypse that there was a large overarching plot everything was leading up to.

So, which do you think was the better crossover?