• 115 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

So, it was announced at he Diamond Summit today that the new event right after Secret Invasion will be called "Dark Reign" and it will deal with the after effects in the MU after the Invasion and final battles.  It was also announced that the Avengers teams are going to look much different and there will be a new title called "Dark Avengers" illustrated by Mike Deodato. 

i personally think that everyone in Marvel is gonna start being super paranoid, even more than they are now.  This'll cause rifts between teams and stuff like that.  and I'm thinking that these Dark Avengers are going to be similar to what X-Force is to X-Men.  They'll be some kind of black ops militaristic-style team that's not afraid to kill.

Any thoughts?

#2 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

bump..no one? lol

#3 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm totally buying Dark Avengers.......

#4 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally this makes me more excited about SI's conclusion.  I'd love to have another Avengers title and Dark Reign sounds interesting.

#5 Posted by Airstrike (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it is the few remaining Avengers Bendis hasn't screwed with banding together to try and save their lives and past from being destroyed from the nut cases running Marvel!

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason when I hear Dark Avengers it makes me think of an Avengers version of X-Force.

#7 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong forums.  Should be here.

Staff
#8 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
G~man said:
"Wrong forums.  Should be here."
ummmidk if someone can move it...lol

i dont think this dark reign page was made back when i made this thread so...i really couldn't put it there...lol
#9 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do they announce stuff like this...so far ahead of time? The suspense is going to kill me.

#10 Edited by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"Why do they announce stuff like this...so far ahead of time? The suspense is going to kill me."
Then they succeeded lol
#11 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"Why do they announce stuff like this...so far ahead of time? The suspense is going to kill me."
well i think the reason is cause they kid want u to be so on edge and expecting something so great..so ull buy the books...

if they announce something like this so far a head of time, then you'll have more tim to tihnk about it and speculate...
#12 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Duke Checkmate III said:
"Why do they announce stuff like this...so far ahead of time? The suspense is going to kill me."
well i think the reason is cause they kid want u to be so on edge and expecting something so great..so ull buy the books...

if they announce something like this so far a head of time, then you'll have more tim to tihnk about it and speculate..."
Yea I know but I mean the suspense of what is still going to happen during SI is alot and then this...and the Evil Illuminati and Dark Avengers,and War of Kings...there is so much going on.
#13 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah...too much...Marvel does that a lot...they have one big event after another...

#14 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"yeah...too much...Marvel does that a lot...they have one big event after another..."
I thought it might slow down after Civil War...boy was I wrong.
#15 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"yeah...too much...Marvel does that a lot...they have one big event after another..."
I thought it might slow down after Civil War...boy was I wrong."
yeah...they need to let things simmer downn a little before diving into a nothe r big event ...


what im hoping for is that Dark Reign and War of Kings won't to be as huge as CW, WWH, and SI...and wont come with like a hundred tie-ins every month...
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Duke Checkmate III said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"yeah...too much...Marvel does that a lot...they have one big event after another..."
I thought it might slow down after Civil War...boy was I wrong."
yeah...they need to let things simmer downn a little before diving into a nothe r big event ...


what im hoping for is that Dark Reign and War of Kings won't to be as huge as CW, WWH, and SI...and wont come with like a hundred tie-ins every month..."
I don't think War of Kings will have many tie-ins well at least not with major earth characters because BB and Vulcan are both not on earth.
Moderator
#17 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
I don't think War of Kings will have many tie-ins well at least not with major earth characters because BB and Vulcan are both not on earth."
yeah but im thinking all the major  X-Men books are gonna have tie ins..cause of the Starjammers, Shi'Ar and all that....
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Vance Astro said:
I don't think War of Kings will have many tie-ins well at least not with major earth characters because BB and Vulcan are both not on earth."
yeah but im thinking all the major  X-Men books are gonna have tie ins..cause of the Starjammers, Shi'Ar and all that...."
Yea I know but I don't think it will make much difference because there is like 6 X-books.
Moderator
#19 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Vance Astro said:
I don't think War of Kings will have many tie-ins well at least not with major earth characters because BB and Vulcan are both not on earth."
yeah but im thinking all the major  X-Men books are gonna have tie ins..cause of the Starjammers, Shi'Ar and all that...."
Yea I know but I don't think it will make much difference because there is like 6 X-books."
lol...yeah i guess ur right...
#20 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Dark Reign just a tag like the Initiative?

#21 Posted by fesak (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Dark Avengers..?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the anti-Illuminati pic they showed a while back. The one with Namor, Doom and some other villains.
If they are the Dark Avengers it would be awesome. If it's just an X-Forced Avengers team i'll pass.

Moderator
#22 Edited by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"So, Dark Avengers..?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the anti-Illuminati pic they showed a while back. The one with Namor, Doom and some other villains.
If they are the Dark Avengers it would be awesome. If it's just an X-Forced Avengers team i'll pass."
Agreed.Wait the Avengers already have an X-Force....The Thunderbolts.
#23 Posted by fesak (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

This one.

Moderator
#24 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Any idea who the guy in the middle is?

#25 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF NICE

DOOM emma loki namor some hooded fellar and??? Dracula? lol

#26 Posted by fesak (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really know
Could it be Obadiah Stane's son from the new Iron Man series?

Moderator
#27 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"I don't really know
Could it be Obadiah Stane's son from the new Iron Man series?"
I thought it was him too but he's bald...
#28 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"WTF NICE

DOOM emma loki namor some hooded fellar and??? Dracula? lol"
That isn't Emma and the guy in the Hood is the Hood..Dracula is dead.
#29 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio
9th Wonder said:
Dracula is dead."
dracula never dies
#30 Edited by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"9th Wonder said:
Dracula is dead."
dracula never dies"
That's what they said about Thanos and Blackheart
#31 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

and how the hell is that not emma? it could be that one girl forgot her name. charmcaster used to have her as a av

#32 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio

So we have....

Doom
Namor
Courtney Ross
The Hood
possible Ezekiel Stane...it has to be an Iron Man villain.

#33 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"and how the hell is that not emma? it could be that one girl forgot her name. charmcaster used to have her as a av"
It's Courtney Ross...she looks exactly like Emma but with shorter hair and she doesn't wear white lipstick.
#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no way it's Emma.

Moderator
#35 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Draculas getting a new ongoing Tomb of dracula so meh ;P

#36 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio
9th Wonder said:
"So we have....

Doom
Namor
Courtney Ross
The Hood
possible Ezekiel Stane...it has to be an Iron Man villain."
+ Loki
#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
Moderator
#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
 Billy said:
"9th Wonder said:
"So we have....

Doom
Namor
Courtney Ross
The Hood
possible Ezekiel Stane...it has to be an Iron Man villain."
+ Loki"
Yea..why is Loki a girl now?
Moderator
#39 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor resurrected everyone but that doesnt mean that their souls would find the right bodies again, his soul was awakened in her.

#40 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio
is what i was thinking of
#41 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"
is what i was thinking of
"
No...it's Courtney Ross.
#42 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

just saying

#43 Posted by fesak (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

Courtney Ross has been dead for many years.

Moderator
#44 Posted by fesak (7029 posts) - - Show Bio
9th Wonder said:
" Billy said:
"WTF NICE

DOOM emma loki namor some hooded fellar and??? Dracula? lol"
That isn't Emma and the guy in the Hood is the Hood..Dracula is dead."

Dracula appeared last year very much alive in Legion of Monsters: Morbius.
Moderator
#45 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet that Captain America will lead the dark avengers

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Courtney Ross has been dead for many years."
Is Saturnyne dead?
Moderator
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I bet that Captain America will lead the dark avengers"
Bucky?
Moderator
#48 Posted by fesak (7029 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
"Courtney Ross has been dead for many years."
Is Saturnyne dead?"

No, Courtney Ross is dead. Saturnyne is her counterpart, though it was Sat-Yr9 that killed Courtney and assumed her identity.
Moderator
#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
"Courtney Ross has been dead for many years."
Is Saturnyne dead?"

No, Courtney Ross is dead. Saturnyne is her counterpart, though it was Sat-Yr9 that killed Courtney and assumed her identity."
So then it's possible it could be Saturnyne? She does look like Emma and she is evil...
Moderator
#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
Ezekiel Stane
Ezekiel Stane-could be the guy in the middle if he had some hair
Moderator