#1 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

OK. I'm not gonna spoil you guys with any details. But I'm just here to hype you up!!!!

Dark Knight Rises is the best damn Batman film to date. No doubt about that. It's not miles ahead of the previous Nolan films but it is "better". Go see it guys. Just go see it.

Now to the big question every fanboy has been asking. How does it compare to Avengers? Well, let's just say apples and oranges. TDKR is a better film altogether and is very much deeper. Avengers on the other hand is a more "complete" film with elements of action, adventure, comedy, etc. put together. It's been the speculative analysis for months and now I'm saying it's the truth. Which one is better? It's a matter of taste but I'm picking Bats. It's just me.

If you're a comicbook fan. Go watch it. If you like great movies, go watch it. Just go watch it. G*ddamnit watch it!

#2 Posted by Alurvelve (3655 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I'll wait a while and see. So far nothing I have seen or heard from this movie has gotten me excited.

#3 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so tempted to say something about a certain Joseph but I can fight temptation.

#4 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad: Did you see the MOS trailer?
#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Yep! Nerdgasm filled my dweeby self! :D

#6 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.... I might so see it Sunday. Since that's the $5 dollar day.. IDK, I'm just no excited.

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@ballparkzerk: Your point being what? Say TDKR beats box office records, how does that change your life? How bout if it doesn't beat the Avengers? Would your life be miserable then? Enjoy the movie. Period. No need for comparisons, really.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (25461 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't go til Saturday :( but I WILL be wearing a Batman Shirt

#9 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Me and my friends wore Fantastic 4 shirts and pissed off some fanboys. Nyahahaha!

#10 Posted by The Stegman (25461 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad: I actually wore a Flash shirt to Spider-Man...an old lady slapped me...
#11 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@ssejllenrad: I actually wore a Flash shirt to Spider-Man...an old lady slapped me...

Trolling level - Real-life... Nyehehehe!

#12 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was this released outside of the US first?

#13 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: it wasn't, it's midnight premiere. Here I only get to see it in August 2nd

which is laaaaaame. Heck, Im not really excited for it anyway. I've already seen the two flicks I wanted, Avengers and ASM

#14 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Same date. But midnight premier and we are on +1000 GMT timezone so yeah we saw it first.

#15 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going this Saturday it is going to be epicness!

#16 Posted by TheThe (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

I wont be able to see TDKR before Wednesday 25th. But Starting from this date, i'll watch the movie 3 times at least if its good as TDK.

#17 Posted by Onemoreposter (4086 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it tonight. There were some issues, but I'm probably more critical of this film than any in the last 3 years.

It was awesome.

Ending blew me away.

#18 Posted by Mekboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

Was pretty damn good.

#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good, but I liked TDK just a wee bit more.

@SandMan_ said:

@ssejllenrad: Did you see the MOS trailer?

I did... :(

#20 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna go, but i dont wanna take the chance at there being a smoke bomb or a shoot out in the building like in colorado which there is another thread on here about that.

#21 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

contrary to some others..i really liked the ending

#22 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Why the long face? Anything wrong with the MOS trailer?

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Yes, I'm curious as to this as well.

Pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood

#24 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Lvenger said:

Maybe he got the smile upside down?

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Lvenger said:

Maybe he got the smile upside down?

Or MAYBE, his theatre showed the wrong trailer :P

#26 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Always one step ahead aren't you? :P

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Well I try :P

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (15071 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to wait until next Saturday to see it.NOOOO!

#29 Posted by FearTheLiving (3856 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait a bit before I see it like I did Spider-man.

#30 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

OK. I'm not gonna spoil you guys with any details. But I'm just here to hype you up!!!!

Dark Knight Rises is the best damn Batman film to date. No doubt about that. It's not miles ahead of the previous Nolan films but it is "better". Go see it guys. Just go see it.

Now to the big question every fanboy has been asking. How does it compare to Avengers? Well, let's just say apples and oranges. TDKR is a better film altogether and is very much deeper. Avengers on the other hand is a more "complete" film with elements of action, adventure, comedy, etc. put together. It's been the speculative analysis for months and now I'm saying it's the truth. Which one is better? It's a matter of taste but I'm picking Bats. It's just me.

If you're a comicbook fan. Go watch it. If you like great movies, go watch it. Just go watch it. G*ddamnit watch it!

I don't go fanboy very often, but I approve of this totally.

#31 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (481 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not that good. Doesn't measure up to The Dark Knight, Avengers, Iron Man 1, or X-Men: First Class. It's a pretty good movie but not a great one, and has lots of plotholes and flaws.

#32 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: @Deranged Midget: Oh, I'll tell you why the long face: (spoilers for touchier folks)

I was under the impression that they were gonna show the same trailer they showed at SDCC. You know, the trailer where Superman actually did stuff and was so great that it made fans cry. What we got was a few artsy shots of nothing Superman-related at all, a voice over about "the man you wanna become" and all that nonsense, and maybe a second or two of Superman flying. Most people in the theater had no idea it was Superman until the logo flashed on the screen at the very end.

And that's why I wasn't happy.

#33 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

There's still the Hobbit.

#34 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: See now, while I agree that it wasn't exactly what we expected as a trailer, but look at it as a teaser.

The music was fantastic :P

#35 Posted by JediXMan (31206 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

@The Stegman said:

Me and my friends wore Fantastic 4 shirts and pissed off some fanboys. Nyahahaha!

I wore a JLA T-shirt to Spider-Man, so...
#36 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Oh, I know that it was intended to tease, but the reason I was so mad was because I really thought it was gonna be the one they showed at SDCC. I hyped it up so much to my friends, and then when it was all said and done, they were just like "Really? You cried over that?" Not exactly a proud moment of mine. -_-

And I wasn't even paying attention to the music, lol. Just so angry.

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget: Oh, I know that it was intended to tease, but the reason I was so mad was because I really thought it was gonna be the one they showed at SDCC. I hyped it up so much to my friends, and then when it was all said and done, they were just like "Really? You cried over that?" Not exactly a proud moment of mine. -_-

And I wasn't even paying attention to the music, lol. Just so angry.

:( I know the feeling. I was telling my friends pre-film that the trailer was going to mind-rattling epic, but it was soooooo short...

Oh well, there's more to come! :)

#38 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Really? That doesn't sound all that great at all. Nowhere near the SDCC teaser trailer. Even though I couldn't hear or make out much of it.

#39 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Yeah, apparently the "real" trailer will be around when the Hobbit movie comes out. I hate that LotR stuff, but I will pay $10 to see that trailer.

@Lvenger: Yeah, needless to say it was a disappointment... :/

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Whaaaaat!? We have to wait until December? That sucks! Good thing I love the LoTR franchise! :D

#41 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to wait until it reaches the 1.50.

Well, at least I'll get to see it.....

#42 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: From what I've heard, yeah. I might just leave after that though, lol

#43 Posted by pwnda (59 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR wasnt as good as the DK, it tried to do too much

#44 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@pwnda said:

TDKR wasnt as good as the DK, it tried to do too much

What makes you say that?