#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Zaleos (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Those aren't there most successful titles though. I'm pretty sure it'll be a non-issue, the Star Wars comics from Dark Horse that got the most love already ended anyways.

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Dark Horse will take a MAJOR hit, but the bigger problem is that this is basically the end of Star Wars comics. 

#4 Posted by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see Han Solo and Clint Barton in a comic together where they drive around having dribks everywhere :D

#5 Posted by tupiaz (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Dark Horse will use more time on new creation in stead of buying license for every other movie/TV show.

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (57905 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars has never interested me personally but I do feel sorry for the fans because I know how it feels to lose favorite titles. Though it does make me wonder what's going to happen to the new Star Wars ongoing.
Hopefully this makes room for more creator-owned work from Dark Horse that I'm more interested in reading.
BB

#7 Posted by Zaleos (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

Hopefully Dark Horse will use more time on new creation in stead of buying license for every other movie/TV show.

Except fans of those licenses love Dark Horse's comics so clearly they were doing a good thing. I mean look at the success of Buffy, holy crap. It doesn't work that way anyways because in a creator-owned publisher you need the creators to come to you. The thing that makes Dark Horse so great is that it gives fans of various franchises access to more content whether it be translating some of the most acclaimed mangas, archiving some of the most rare and sought after comics from decades ago, continuing the stories from beloved television or movie franchises or Conan. New comic franchises isn't really what Dark Horse is about, that's Image.

#8 Posted by tupiaz (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zaleos: It was 100% from a personal view since it's not my thing at all. i can get a graphic novel here and there, but an ongoing build on a movie or TV show just seems boring.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: I'm sure Marvel will produce new Star Wars comics and given that despite Marvel Losing Conan they still consider those stories cannon so there is a slight chance it can work the other way around too. Disney isn't going to let the EU go if they don't have to cause they know it does turn a profit meaning their's a good chance they will at least try to come to some agreement with Dark Horse about it.

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: No, no, they will certainly keep producing Star Wars comics, they'll just be bloody awful lol
#11 Posted by Dernman (14887 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have hope for Marvel's Star Wars. I do wonder if they are going to keep the canon or create another one.

#12 Edited by Dernman (14887 posts) - - Show Bio

One silver lining is that this is a great  opportunity to get rid of Midi-Chlorians

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: There's always the possibility that the editorial staff at Marvel will piss Disney off enough to fire the lot of them leaving room for people who actually know what they're doing to take over. Yes that's extreme optimism on my part but I have to use my things could get better attitude at least 3 times a year to balance out the heavy negativity I usually have about these things

#14 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

One silver lining is that this is a great opportunity to get rid of Midi-Chlorians

I'd rather they were kept but changed slightly. Instead of giving the character their connection to the Force, they are merely more common in Force sensitives because they are drawn to those who are stronger in the Force.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (30184 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap, crap, crap, CRAP.

Why not DC?! WHY?! Then I'd get my dream of seeing Grant Morrison do a Star Wars comic. Canon or not it'd be awesome.

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

Crap, crap, crap, CRAP.

Why not DC?! WHY?! Then I'd get my dream of seeing Grant Morrison do a Star Wars comic. Canon or not it'd be awesome.

Disney owns Marvel, Star Wars and California now. 
#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: I'm still waiting for them to buy Nintendo and completely take over the entertainment industry. You all know its coming.

#18 Posted by Dernman (14887 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@JediXMan said:

Crap, crap, crap, CRAP.

I they'd would do a better job running Cali then who's doing it now.
#19 Posted by JediXMan (30184 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JediXMan said:

Crap, crap, crap, CRAP.

And it has begun - the entertainment war.

Google vs Disney.

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn... I feel bad for Dark Horse, I've been reading Star Wars books from them for a long time and I just can't imagine anyone else taking the reigns. It is indeed a sad day.

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: unless Disney buys Google

#22 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel may well develop an entire line of Star Wars related titles, they paid billions and are going to want to monetize that IP in every way possible. It is almost assured you will see new comics, now if they are any good....

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: well if the keep it outside the main Marvel U it may have a chance