Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#1  Edited By TheCannon

How would you do a Daredevil reboot? Here's what you need:

Cast

Plot

Post credits scene, if any

If you want, you can add the same things for a sequel.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are you talking about a reboot for the movie?

Personally I thought the directors cut version was pretty good. I think Marvel just need to do to DD what it did with Hulk, just reference the 1st movie in the opening 10 mins and keep pushing forward. There's no need to reboot everything.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By X35

Just do a sequel.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheCannon

I disagree. When I saw the Incredible Hulk, I hadn't seen Hulk. I heard good reviews for the Incredible Hulk, plus it had Liv Tyler and Edward Norton, so I saw it. I thought it was a sequel until reading more than reviews about it online. I saw the first Hulk, and it was horrible. Daredevil was very bad too. Not as bad as Hulk, but still. The point is, I think they should go over the origin story again.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCannon

@X35 said:

Just do a sequel.

What the f*** are you thinking? Ben Affleck sucked, the movie was just bad. It needs a reboot. Were you saying do a sequel after seeing Batman & Robin? Were you? How about after seeing Superman IV: the Quest for Peace? Or the Punisher?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By X35

The (director's cut of the) film didn't suck at all and Ben Affleck didn't suck. People just hate him for some reason so they made a unanimous decision that he's a bad actor in everything when he's just not. He's down his fair share of stinkers but that doesn't mean everything he does is crap. Jennifer Garner and Colin Farrell were about forty times worse than Affleck and then you have Michael Clarke Duncan hammed it up to the extreme as the Kingpin whereas Affleck is just playing an understated and quite good Matt Murdock. And then his macho Daredevil voice is no worse than Christian Bale's Batman voice.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCannon

Jennifer Garner did a decent job. I don't know what hammed it up to the extreme meant. I've never seen the directors cut.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By X35

@TheCannon: Well there's your problem. The theatrical cut sucks pure donkey balls. It doesn't even make sense. They removed plot points but left in resolutions to them (why is Kingpin arrested at the end). It's so weird, the director's cut has like an actual plot and subplots, it's just an actually compotent film. It's still got it's problems but it's a far more mature and decent film and was probably the darkest pre-Dark Knight big budget superhero film out there.

they even have some bits of set-up for a sequel based on Born Again in it but it was obvs never made

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheCannon

Anywhere I can find it online?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCannon

Anywhere at all?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By X35

Probably...

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheCannon

Can you give a link?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By X35

That's illegal.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheCannon

How? I'm not asking to download it?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Strider1992

@TheCannon said:

How? I'm not asking to download it?

Try using google most things are pretty easy to find.

I never saw Daredevil so I don't know if its any good. I did see Elektra and hated it so hopefully Garner did a better job in DD.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheCannon

The version I saw sucked. I haven't seen the director's cut yet.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrinceIMC

I don't think they really need to reboot either. Just new cast and move one, no need to retell the origin or really reference the events of the first movie at all. I'd say cast an unknown. As for plot I'm not entirely sure as I'm not the biggest Daredevil fan. Maybe do more with the lawyer stuff, it is an essential side of the character after all. As for a post credits scene if Marvel has the rights back and they set it in a universe with the other Marvel movies I'd say have Black Widow show up, maybe on the run from SHIELD for 'betraying' them though it would all be a set up for a sequel. I think it could be chock full of guest stars: Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, maybe even Moon Knight, Iron Fist and Luke Cage since they probably aren't getting their own movies.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrinceIMC
@TheCannon: Posting a link to view copyrighted material online is getting websites shut down these days. We don't want that to happen to ComicVine so I think you're going to have to find it yourself.
X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By X35

It's probably on YouTube anyway. ¬_¬

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheCannon

Facebook is never shut down.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By Strider1992

I can't really think of anyone who really grabs me for the cast. Ben Foster could probably pull off a good Bullseye though.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheCannon

I found a decent version of the director's cut of Daredevil.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Gambit1024

Cast (don't have all the actors, atm):

• Matt Murdock/Daredevil
  • Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
  • Gladiator
  • Karen Page
  • Foggy Nelson
  • Jack Murdock
  • Elektra Nachios
  • The Owl
  • Stick

Plot (borrows much from Man Without Fear & Born Again):

Our story begins with a background of young Matt Murdock and his father Jack's relationship. Matt gets the radioactive waste tossed in his eyes, blinding him. Jack agrees to throw a match to a crime boss nicknamed "The Owl" for paying the hospital bills. Realizing he can't go through with the dive, he wins. Owl has one of his men murder Jack. Without a father, Matt is taken in by a blind man named Stick. Stick trains and disciplines Matt's newfound abilities, where he mentions an ex-student he once had (later revealed to be Elektra). Unbeknownst to Stick, Matt has every intention on using his new abilities to get revenge on his father's murderer.

On the night Matt decides to take names, he wears his father's own boxing gear, and creates a mask out of his robe (Jack's shtick in the ring was that he was the devil).. Eventually he finds the man who killed Jack after either killing or mortally wounding his cohorts, but has a heart attack due to the fear Matt struck on him. The last thing he said before he died was "The devil! The f^%$ing Devil!." Terrified with himself, Matt rushes back to his home. On his way back home after the tragic events, Stick revealed that he'd been following him, and that he's disappointed. With Matt begging for mercy, Stick leaves.

Flash-forward to Matt's college years at Columbia University. His best friend and roommate is Foggy Nelson. They're studying to become criminal justice lawyers. In college, Matt meets and falls for Elektra Nachios, the daughter of a Greek diplomat. Elektra is very secretive, so Matt decides to check her out. Her stealth and moves impress Matt, and once she catches on to his following her, she allows it, being impressed that he can keep up. Elektra reveals to Matt that she's on the look-out for the Owl. Matt, on the same mission, helps her. They find him, and they beat him. Elektra, however, decides to kill him, despite Matt's strong protest. Matt disowns Elektra, and they part ways. News travels that the Owl is dead, and so Wilson Fisk rises up as the new lead crime boss. In order to avoid the same fate as the Owl, Fisk believes that he must recruit Elektra and Matt as his assassins. If they refuse, they get killed by Fisk's "employee" the Gladiator. Matt's last confrontation with Elektra changed his whole outlook on crime. The legal system is flawed, so he believes it's his duty to take the law into his own hands. Donned in an updated red costume, he'd fight crime by night as Daredevil. By day, he was a lawyer at Nelson&Murdock. He meets and falls deeply in love with Karen Page, his receptionist. Eventually, Matt reveals to Karen who he really is.

One night on patrol, Murock is knocked out by the Gladiator. When he wakes, he's confronted by Wilson Fisk. Matt of course rejects his offer, and defeats Gladiator. Fisk orders for his other assassin to sick Matt. Unfortunately, it's Elektra. Elektra, surprised and disappointed, holds back on fighting Matt. With this, Matt escapes. At work, Matt stays up day and night to try to find dirt on Fisk. During this time, however, Fisk has Page kidnapped. He beats her, drugs her, and eventually, breaks her. She tells Fisk everything: Matt's Daredevil. Fisk kicks Page to the curb, where Matt eventually finds her. She's alive, but she's in critical condition. She murmurs "He knows..." before she blacks out. Matt rushes her to the hospital. At the hospital, Matt's confronted by Elektra. Not wanting to break his cover, Matt tells her everything that's on his mind, including what a traitorous bitch Elektra is. Elektra warns him that Fisk knows everything and that he better watch himself. Furious, Matt decides to bring the Kingpin down tonight.

He makes it to Fisk's headquarters, demolishing his way through Kingpins guards. He makes his way towards a bloodlusted Gladiator. They have a savage, brutal fight, almost destroying Matt's costume. His mask is half-off. Fisk orders Elektra to finish the job, and the two fight. Neither of them want to kill each other, but Elektra quickly gains the upper hand after breaking one of his arms. Just before she finishes Matt off, she turns around and slashes Fisk with one of her sais. She's on the verge of tears because she's disgusted in the woman she's become, almost killing her ex-lover for this degenerate. Enraged, Fisk lashes out on her. Matt quickly snaps back into action, and with the combined forces of Matt and Elektra, they manage to beat the Kingpin. Matt asks Elektra if she's going to kill him, but then she replies with "I would love nothing more... but I've already lost someone important that way." She kisses Matt, and flees. Before Matt leaves, Fisk tells him that he'll go to the presses because he knows who he is. Matt looks him in the eyes and says "No one will ever believe that the mighty Kingpin was almost killed by a blind lawyer and a ninja." smiling and satisfied, Matt goes to the hospital after cleaning himself up.

Flash forward to Matt and Karen in their apartment. Kingpin's in jail, and everything seems like it's back to normal. Karen confesses that she can't be with Matt anymore, and that she's moving to CA. Distraught, Matt accepts it. If it wasn't for him and his secrets, Karen would've never been through that horrific ordeal. A few weeks later, Matt and Foggy are sitting in their favorite diner, with Foggy trying to cheer him up. All Matt can think about is Karen and Kingpin and Elektra. He looks at Foggy, remembering that that's his best friend in the world, and says, "Hey, Fog? There's something you gotta know."

Credits.

Post credit scene:

17 Months Later

Kingpin is sitting in his office, speaking to someone in the shadows about how he'd been in prison and why he'd been there in the first place. He says that he "needs these two taken care of," handing him Elektra and Matt's pictures. "Kill their associates, kill their families, then, kill their spirit. This assignment will be worth your while. An opportunity that shall not be missed." The man in the shadows steps out, and throws the toothpick he's using in a perfect angle, pinning the cigar Fisk's smoking to the wall. The camera cuts to the man's face, revealing it to be Bullseye. "I never miss."

End.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheCannon

Great ideas. I never thought about waiting on Bullseye for a sequel.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Kallarkz

@TheCannon said:

@X35 said:

Just do a sequel.

What the f*** are you thinking? Ben Affleck sucked, the movie was just bad. It needs a reboot. Were you saying do a sequel after seeing Batman & Robin? Were you? How about after seeing Superman IV: the Quest for Peace? Or the Punisher?

Bring it down a notch. No reason to get so intense.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheCannon

I've calmed down if you read what else I posted.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By X35

@Kallarkz: thanks for trying but i've come to expect that level of abrasiveness from thecannon.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheCannon

Did you put that there to sound smart? Any idiot knows what abrasiveness means.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think I was the only person who liked the original movie

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Deranged Midget

@haydenclaireheroes said:

Nope, I found the first movie to be quite good. I thought Ben Affleck was excellent in the role, he just lacked a better script.

@Gambit1024: LOVE the plot! What would you say to Jensen Ackles as Daredevil?

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By King Quisling

I wanna see a "somewhat" adaptation of Battlin' Jack Murdock. In my vision Matt will be training with Stick while attending his first year of law school. When he finds out about his dad working for the Fixer ( who eventually haves Jack murdered) he decides to take his ninja training to a new level. Eventually avenging his fathers death. I would make Matt feel very responsible for his dads death. (not being able to save him in time) I would love to see some form of the yellow suit as well......... Also the Fixer could be replaced with The Owl. Maybe a sort of cross between Battlin' Jack Murdock and Daredevil: Yellow.

No Caption Provided
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gambit1024

@King Quisling: I had that same costume in mind for the first half.

@Deranged Midget: Thanks! I think he'd be a very solid pick. I think Jamie Bamber would also be a good back up. For Fisk I was thinking James Gandolfini and for Bullseye, Jason Statham.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By X35

@King Quisling: i would like to see how they would translate the yellow costume to "real life" without it being so you know butt ugly. In fact i think that image you posted would be a good template for how to make the yellow costume not horrible on the eyes.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RedOwl_1

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I liked it pretty much too

Isn't "The Dark Knight" but isn't as crappy as "Superman Returns" I just didn't liked the costume (is even worse than Captain America in The Avengers)

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By X35

@haydenclaireheroes: @Deranged Midget: @RedOwl_1: Just out of curiosity have you people seen the Director's Cut? or are you talking about the Theatrical cut?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Deranged Midget

@X35: I've only seen the theatrical cut of the film.

@Gambit1024: Oh man, Statham as the villain would be brilliant!

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By X35

There's actual rumors statham wants to play Daredevil :/

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@X35: I saw the Theatrical cut

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By X35

@haydenclaireheroes: @Deranged Midget: I recommend you both try and check out the Director's Cut. i know a lot of people say stuff like that about directors cuts being so awesome and they're usually not. ut there's like 30 minutes of new footage, some of the stupider stuff is removed (the random sex scene) and characters like Foggy, Karen Page, Sister Maggie and Coolio appear in the film! and there's a lot more Matt Murdock and just characterisation in general. it's a pleasant surprise. :)

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gambit1024

@X35 said:

@haydenclaireheroes: @Deranged Midget: I recommend you both try and check out the Director's Cut. i know a lot of people say stuff like that about directors cuts being so awesome and they're usually not. ut there's like 30 minutes of new footage, some of the stupider stuff is removed (the random sex scene) and characters like Foggy, Karen Page, Sister Maggie and Coolio appear in the film! and there's a lot more Matt Murdock and just characterisation in general. it's a pleasant surprise. :)

Listen to this person. Theatrical Cut <<<<<<< Director's Cut.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Deranged Midget

@X35: Wow, that sounds pretty awesome. I'll definitely give it a shot! Thanks for letting me know!

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RedOwl_1

@X35: Aaaand the big difference is? I don't have any idea of which one I watched

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King Quisling

@X35: I think it should be a little ugly in the first film and.....

@Gambit1024: I would keep in for the entire first film. A sort of last min type costume. For a sequel I would give him something closer to this.

No Caption Provided

Nolan's Batman and the Marvel Studios films have proved people LOVE costume changes.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

They should just used the story from Man Without Fear.Frank Miller already did hard part for them.All they need to do is insert a villain, preferably Bullseye if they only make one film or if there will be more than one I'd say the Gladiator would be nice.Other than that if they just follow Miller's retconned origin they should be good. All they need to do is be a little less careless with the casting.Afflek,Garner,Farrell,MCD,terrible choices.You want me to believe Colin Farrell is Bullseye, give me a f#ckin break? He's the least intimidating man they could have chosen.He wasn't even remotely believable as a villain.It was as bad as Hugh Jackman trying to play a bad father in Real Steel, Hugh Jackman is a sweetheart...GTFOH!

Also to those going on and on about the Director's cut..the problem with the Director's Cut is it didn't come out in theaters..it came out on the DVD so if the movie bombed..why would anyone by the DVD? Ben Afflek was a horrible Daredevil no matter if you saw both versions or if you only saw 1 and MCD was a terrible Kingpin.The movie was poorly written also, no matter which version you saw.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

Ben Afflek was a horrible Daredevil no matter if you saw both versions or if you only saw 1 and MCD was a terrible Kingpin.The movie was poorly written also, no matter which version you saw.

Agreed wholeheartedly with this.

Makkaar1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Makkaar1984

Best way to do a reboot....DON'T. Some characters just don't play well on the big screen. Even if all the comic fans turn out (a big if) it'll still fail at the box office. To most people not in the know he'll just come off as a Batman copycat trying to milk off the success of Chris Nolan's series.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheCannon

Are you insane? If done right, Daredevil could be fantastic on the big screen. He could do better than the mediocre Nolan Batman series. It might even be better than the greatest Batman movie of all time, Batman (1989). Don't try and tell me that the Nolan series is better. The Tim Burton Batman movies were far superior to Nolan. Once Joel Schumacher took over, it was unbearable. But the Burton Batman movies were far superior to Nolan's Batman movies.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Makkaar1984 said:

Best way to do a reboot....DON'T. Some characters just don't play well on the big screen. Even if all the comic fans turn out (a big if) it'll still fail at the box office. To most people not in the know he'll just come off as a Batman copycat trying to milk off the success of Chris Nolan's series.

This is ridiculous. 

@TheCannon said:

He could do better than the mediocre Nolan Batman series. 

Glad you said it. 

@TheCannon said:

It might even be better than the greatest Batman movie of all time, Batman (1989). Don't try and tell me that the Nolan series is better. The Tim Burton Batman movies were far superior to Nolan. Once Joel Schumacher took over, it was unbearable. But the Burton Batman movies were far superior to Nolan's Batman movies.

Agreed.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By ReVamp

Use the same cast and the same writing staff in the very least.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheCannon

Finally, someone who agrees with me. Most people always rank the Dark Knight as the greatest superhero movie of all time. The Nolan Batman series is mediocre at best. We need another Tim Burton.