Daredevil movie, worth seeing?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I didn't watch this film when it came out in 2003, because I didn't care for DD back then and didn't know bad-a** he was until I read his comics.

So, I'm thinking of watching it now but from what I hear on the web it's horrible. Is that true? Or is it actually worth seeing??

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HumanRocket

I really don't enjoy the movie at all. Ill say this I've read some DD not all I'm not that big of a DD fan but I've read enough to have a sence of how the DD Bullseye rivalry should be and the movie doesn't live up to it. If your expecting to see what you read in the comics than dont watch the movie you will be dissappointed. If you not that big of DD fan and just want to see the movie and your not expecting much than push play and watch the movie.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

It's not that bad, but it is bad. The movie can't find a balance in tone. There's really silly scenes (First fight between Daredevil and Elektra, Colin Farrell's Bullseye), but then a lot of attempt to be as dark as PG-13 possibly can be. I didn't have a problem with Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin, and the action was decent.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If you really like DD that much you should probably watch it just to be informed and have an opinion. That and you'll likely appreciate the one Marvel does eventually that much more.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh...It's a Meh movie at best,If you're DD fan you might as well see it.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

Don't listen to the haters. It is a great film, especially if you think of the context of the time it was made in; there's a lot of alternative metal and leathery costumes. The bar has risen in current years, but this still mostly holds up. People hate it because it came out during the time when it was cool to hate on Ben Aflek, but he does a really good job at embodying who Matt Murdock is.

How much you like it might depend a lot on what Daredevil you've been reading though. My guess is you've been reading the Waid stuff, in that case, this might not be the Daredevil you've come to expect. But if you are familiar with the Bendis, Brubaker, Miller runs, it is a movie that fits in very well with that darker take on the character.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

As a long time DD fan I say watch it. There are parts I was disappointed in *coughcostumelessbullseyecough* but over all it's decent enough.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62: It's not terrible, but compared to most (if not all) comic movies that have came out since it doesn't really hold up. I will say that I think Michael Clarke Duncan did do a great job as Kingpin, and Jon Faverau (sp?) was good as Foggy but besides that it's mostly average at best, but if you are a fan of DD, then I recommend you still watch it. I hope I helped.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

GET THE DIRECTOR'S CUT!!! Watched it over the weekend and its SOOOOOOO much better. Much more grim than the original.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

I really like it... though I'm in the minority.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i tought it as good/okay. its much better than catwoman, elektra, FF, FF rise of SS,

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i tought it as good/okay. its much better than catwoman, elektra, FF, FF rise of SS,

Throw a rock and you'll hit a movie better than those. >_>

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

Throw a rock and you'll hit a movie better than those. >_>

and Amazing Spider-man to the list of crappy movies

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JJ62

@nappystr8: I've read the runs from Bendis, Miller, Brubaker as well as Waid. I prefer the darker Batman-esque Daredevil.

So I'm guessing it's overall just average sorta like Iron Man2?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I don't think TASM was that bad. I loved the Raimi films better, but TASM was not bad at all.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I wouldn't recommend it, but hey, what do I know.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@jj62 said:

@nappystr8: I've read the runs from Bendis, Miller, Brubaker as well as Waid. I prefer the darker Batman-esque Daredevil.

ive honestly never read a daredevil comic. um id rewatch daredevil twice before watching IM2.

@jj62 said:

@allstarsuperman: I don't think TASM was that bad. I loved the Raimi films better, but TASM was not bad at all.

oh well i didnt like it but whatever thats my opinion.

captainsaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch it, what have you got to lose.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heard the Director's Cut was worth it.

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

watch the director's cut, it's far away from a perfect dd movie, but much better than the theatrical cut. it got more story and a better matt murdock.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people say it is, but it's definitely not good either. If you're a big fan of the character it might be worth a watch, or if your like me and try to watch every comic based movie. Basically they try to cram the entire Elektra Saga into a 90 minute movie, which ultimately makes it feel rushed and doesn't leave much room for good character development. The end result is a very 'meh' movie.

Elektra, however, really is a terrible piece of crap that should be avoided.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By sinestro_GL

Not a fan of Ben Affleck the actor (back then anyway)

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#23  Edited By BlueLantern1995

I disliked the movie myself(2/5) but still if you want to see it, watch it. It can't be worse than X-Men Last Stand...Right? Am I Right?

I have not seen the Extended and since I heard its better definitely try that version if you have too.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people on a site like this overreact when it comes to comicbook movies. It was either fantastic or terrible, no in between.

On my movie scale of 0-10, anything below 5 isn't worth watching. With that in mind, I would put this one comfortably at 5.3. So while it's not great, there is entertainment to be had.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually thought it was a really decent movie. At least a 7.

Derfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually thought it was a really decent movie. At least a 7.

I have to agree with that

@jj62 said:

I liked Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy if that counts for something =P

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By reignmaker

@jj62 said:

Iron Man 2 is better than Daredevil. If Iron Man 2 is sorta "average" (which I think is a good way of describing it), then Daredevil is "mediocre." Not as god-awful as some comic book movies, but certainly not a flick you're going to watch multiple times. It's worth a library rental, but not a purchase.