Daredevil live action version is kind of weak?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Zetsu-San

Anyone else think so? I get that they were trying to make him a bit more realistic of a character, but I think they took it a little too far. Especially since they already stuck him in the same world as the Avengers and other characters; it makes him seem rather small and irrelevant.

He is supposed to be a master martial artist with superhuman senses, but he has been having trouble going 1 on 1 with random hired hitmen; the kind of people who characterss like Hawkeye and Black Widow would breeze through, and they don't have any abiltiies... Even the "cavalry" from Agents of shield seemed like she would be able to take some of the characters that Daredevil has come out battered and bruised after fighting.

If they wanted a darker more realistic superhero, then I think they should have gone with the Punisher or something; someone who isn't established as a top level physical combatant. Hell, if they kept him in his own universe, I probably would have been fine with it as well.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't see why not. He was only trained for a few years by stick and then self trained the rest of his time but he also got a law degree and graduated at the top of his class.

So he's a newbie. But he'll get more experience as he trains more.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I thought he was fine.

canuckdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: I LOVED the first season of DD. I didnt feel he was weak at all. this is about the beginning of his crime fighting. He didnt even have a proper outfit yet. so this makes sense that he doesnt defeat every criminal right away. and if you have read any DD comics he often gets beat down pretty bad, then some how finds the heart to keep fighting and ends up victorious so I feel the series is right on par.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a guy that can beat k.o 7 henchmen in a tight coridoor is weak? Wew.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not nearly as good as other LA characters like Arrow, Hawkeye, Widow, Merlyn, ect, but that's understandable. His training really isn't overly impressive, and his lack of complete dominance in H2H makes for a more realistic and brutals show. It fits the character, and adds to the elements which make Daredevil enjoyable.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@slimj87d said:

I don't see why not. He was only trained for a few years by stick and then self trained the rest of his time but he also got a law degree and graduated at the top of his class.

So he's a newbie. But he'll get more experience as he trains more.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I have no idea why people give movie Hawkeye so much love.I haven't really seen him do anything that completely amazed me.I'm a huge Hawkeye fan but I find his movie counterpart weak.Even in AOU.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

No. He just wasn't on his comic-book counterpart's level.

He had clear skill, strength, speed, senses etc, but was f*cked in the gear department and was fundamentally a noob. All the raw skill and training in the world can't give you experience.

He was clearly tons better by the end of the series and I don't think he'd even hit his peak at that point.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fine until you consider that it's a shared universe. Then you realize daredevil would get absolutely stomped by widow or hawkeye and clearly something is wrong. It's the problem with having every movie tonally different (although I care more about story then feats/etc so I'm ok with it, but it is a flaw)

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan12456 said:

It's fine until you consider that it's a shared universe. Then you realize daredevil would get absolutely stomped by widow or hawkeye and clearly something is wrong. It's the problem with having every movie tonally different (although I care more about story then feats/etc so I'm ok with it, but it is a flaw)

I agree. Daredevil should be a bit more impressive than he was. I felt kingpin was a little weak to physically h2h.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimj87d

Well he can only get better from here on out. Like others have pointed out, by the end of Daredevil he improved a lot. He didn't have any real fights till recently when he beat up that pedophile.

It's not like Bruce Wayne from Batman. Bruce had dozens if not 100s of sparring partners to harness his skills. DD only had what Stick trained him to do and that didn't last too long because Stick left him.

I trust that he'll only get better.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkeye didn't do anything in the Avengers films. DD isn't weak he just doesn't one punch ko everyone in the face

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I thought it was odd that he supposedly trained for about 20 years, but when they show the first time he goes out, he is less skilled than when he was a child

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought he was perfect. I don't want him to be Batman. That would be too unrealistic.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im glad he was weakened down, it made his show more interesting. In fact, so far in the MCU, the top tier characters have been nerfed and Captain America/Black Widow/Hawkeye have all been too comparable to the heavy hitters. Its nice that Daredevil is sort of in his own league.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@kgb725 said:

Hawkeye didn't do anything in the Avengers films. DD isn't weak he just doesn't one punch ko everyone in the face

like Hulk does.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's supposed to be grounded. So yeah he was a bit weaker. But honestly, Hawkeye and BW have never fought people like Nobu or Stick or the Russians or anyone. They've beaten up no name fodder and Matt is more skilled than them.

He's weaker than comic version but still very amazing in his abilities. Stuff like beating the Russians while severely injured and beating Fisk. He's a badass. He's just not meant to be some unstoppable, unbeatable machine though. He is a human and is vulnerable and can lose.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14: Hulk one shotting most everything in his path is only natural

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@kgb725: yeah i know. hopefully, Thanos can provide a challenge for him.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand where you are coming from but Matt Murdock`s portrayal makes a lot of sense even disregarding the comics. Matt as shown thematically and literally is only starting out his mission this Daredevil still has a lot to learn the character`s growth from ground to top level is evident to that it`s to show that even with all his perks he`s still a human being living in Hell`s Kitchen and nightmares are more real there even for superheroes.

Hawkeye and Black Widow are different. Their not only members of The Avengers but they received their background training and went through their own experiences previously also their much more established throughout the MCU being members of the Avengers they are supposed to appear that way as humans who can do the impossible and hang with the possible their experiences and character developments brought them to that place while Murdock is still learning to find who he is even by the end of Season 1.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

People should remember that even though he's been training. He just started vigilante-ing/super hero-ing around off roof tops.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah man he needs to Fight Thanos to prove he is strong

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

not at all. daredevil is by far the best take on a live action hero i've seen actually. He obviously is very strong and skilled. You also need to put thing like the hallway scene in context. He had almost died hours ago and gotten patched up after a brutal fight. He was weakened and sore but he still beat an entire house full of hitchmen. not to mention this is just the beginning for him

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Marshall_Long

@i_am_lightning said:

So a guy that can beat k.o 7 henchmen in a tight coridoor is weak? Wew.

Lol Exactly.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weak? Riiggghhht..