• 109 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Edited By frozen  Moderator

Damn. Although I get sick of The Avengers references and have some problem with the pacing, the tone is dark {true to the source material}, the acting is extremely well executed and convincing and the story thus far is really gripping. I'm surprised this supposedly takes place in the MCU.

The CW should take notes from this because the storytelling is fantasically crafted without the need for sloppy teen love triangles, I think Marvel are going to completely sweep the TV superhero shows with top notch quality drama from Daredevil. I think this is one of the few great superhero crime thrillers.

Perhaps the network is all it took. Netflix upholds creative freedom whereas The CW religiously asserts that there must be a love triangle to appease teenage girls?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

as much as I like Arrow and Flash, I agree, I'm sick of love triangles

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 0

Agreed. CW should pay some serious attention.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By stormshadow_x

CW's problem is its target audience. If Arrow and Flash were on a network not meant for teen Girls then they'd be better. Flash and Daredevil are my fav shows. Arrow reached its peak at season 2 with a up and down season 1 and a mostly down Season 3. Honestly lost interest in Gotham but still trying to give it a chance. Agents of Shields bored me on its first episode but I can't judge it as I've only seen the first episode. Agent Carter also didn't peak my interest. Though I do love the show I think pretty much being Overhyped as hell. Similar too the Flash. I'd give both a 8-9.10

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Love triangles help the world go round :P

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dan12456

Meh I wouldn't really want the CW shows to be like Daredevil, as much as I'm loving Daredevil. Also I don't know how far you are into Daredevil, I am only 5 episodes in, but the Daredevil love triangles are brutally cringeworthy at this point. Much worse than Arrow or Flash imo.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

That Olicity B.S. and other love triangles are stupid. Blame the shippers from Tumblr.

~MiB

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Heh. iZombie says hi.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The love stories on CW are trying, but I like how personal the hero vs main villain stories are layed out. I think CW does a better job of this over Daredevil.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisk is a horrible and boring villain.His scenes were terrible.He didn't come off as menacing or scary.Weird and awkward.Foggy was a annoying as h*ll.He acted like a straight female.

Karen was really the best supporting character.Daredevil was the best,but Matt was Meh!!

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every show should be taking notes. This isn't just the best superhero show, this is one of the best shows available right now.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the network and the money. That simple. I am in episode 6 and I give the show a solid 9.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Honestly this is a referendum on how sad it is Networks have to pander to female viewers.

Women Viewers Continue to Rule Broadcast Prime Time.http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/news-articles/women-viewers-continue-rule-broadcast-primetime/114370

Women make most of the purchases in a house hold so Advertisers demand Networks cram in female friendly storylines and charcters. Netflix doesn't have to worry about BS like that.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The CW is the lowest rated channel on TV, don't expect much (even though Flash is pretty good)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mickey-mouse

@madeinbangladesh: No do not blame Tumblr, blame the system. This is from the article link I posted above:

Broadcast networks put all kinds of strategies into play when it comes to attracting audiences to new shows, from social media to streaming to webisode tie-ins. Yet execs seem to get that the foundation for any such success strategy always begins with two simple words: Ladies First.

Granted, each season, some broadcasters premiere a couple of new series that might have more appeal to men, but the key to keeping a series on the air is still making sure a large enough number of women tune in each week.

======••••••••••

Networks have a female gun held to their heads. They don't have a choice. That's why Cable TV must die. We need a new world order for TV. Netflix is the future model for how it's done. No horse poop ads, no Advertises dictating what type of story lines and content have to be in our programing. Death to Cable TV!!!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Hey I'm gonna continue this convo with you on Frozens thread page in general discussions. Outside of the Thor movies with Jane when has there been a forced Romance or silly drama subplot that lead to no where? Arrow pilot was good, but still had a lot of flaws such as Stephen Amells acting was very wooden. My main point is current Arrow season 3 is riddled with them to the point of annoyance. Even though Season 2 of Arrow was amazing it still had the classic Network TV flaws; annoying/b**chy female characters like Laurel season 2 mode, and forced drama(someone close to Ollie has to hate Arrow/Ollie). Agents of Shield season one was weak, but at least they stayed away from unessicary love triangles Felicty/Ollie/Ray and whinny females: Felcity Season 3, Laurel Season 2, Thea Season 1.

KennyQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is awesome so far. Im really surprised that Marvel took the violence to this level, its great! I agree with what a lot of you are saying about the CW shows. They are way to cheesy and dramatic but thats the audience they are targeting (woman). My girlfriend loves them! The Flash is such a great show though and I think thats because Barry isnt suppose to be a really hunky guy like they promote on Arrow. The only good thing about Arrow this season is seeing the Atom.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By 14NC3

@dan12456 said:

Meh I wouldn't really want the CW shows to be like Daredevil, as much as I'm loving Daredevil. Also I don't know how far you are into Daredevil, I am only 5 episodes in, but the Daredevil love triangles are brutally cringeworthy at this point. Much worse than Arrow or Flash imo.

What love triangle are you on about? There aren't any.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I still prefer the first season of Arrow and Flash to Daredevil. As much as I hate the love triangles, I can get around them and truly enjoy the show.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3: oh wait never mind you were talking about DD

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mickey-mouse

@14nc3: My bad man. I reread it.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The CW has a target audience...unfortunately, any show on there has to cater to teenage girls in some way....

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. CW should pay some serious attention.

as much as I like Arrow and Flash, I agree, I'm sick of love triangles

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn straight! DD is awesome!

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3: Matt-Claire-Karen AND Matt-foggy-Karen.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tensor

Only draw back to Daredevil.The season is too short. Feed me more.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It's no Kamen Rider

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to see an Ironfist show now.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Arrow and Flash were either picked up by HBO, Netflix, or something, I guarantee you they'll be really super good

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 14NC3

@dan12456 said:

.... you serious?

The show never once hints that Matt and Karen have a romance going on. Just because he has a penis and she has a vagina it does not mean they're interested in each other. There's a romance between Matt and Claire and there's something going on between Foggy and Karen, but that's it. -_-

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kgb725

@tensor: It's only short because you have full access to it

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Or the Laurel Lance Defense Squad who call you a misogynist just like Ollie supposedly is if you say a word against Laurel.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@14nc3 said:

@dan12456 said:

.... you serious?

The show never once hints that Matt and Karen have a romance going on. Just because he has a penis and she has a vagina it does not mean they're interested in each other. There's a romance between Matt and Claire and there's something going on between Foggy and Karen, but that's it. -_-

Have you watched the whole thing? They hinted numerous times there is some tension between Karen and Matt and I'm not even done watching the show yet.

~MIB

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisk is a horrible and boring villain.His scenes were terrible.He didn't come off as menacing or scary.Weird and awkward.Foggy was a annoying as h*ll.He acted like a straight female.

Karen was really the best supporting character.Daredevil was the best,but Matt was Meh!!

Fisk is not the stereotypical villain you see in most crime television or film.

The fear and respect built up in the first few episodes I thought was an amazing exercise in subversion. They build up this monolithic figure in the first three episodes, this terrifying crime boss that will cause people to commit suicide rather than face his wrath. But when you meet him, the first thing he says is how lonely he feels. As you follow his life, you see that he's socially awkward, insecure, almost autistic. You begin to wonder why he's so feared. He's a giant child.

Fisk as they portray him in the show seemed purposefully written to go against the "Godfather" crime boss cliche of the cold, calculating, emotionless criminal. He's vulnerable, he's needy, he's immature. In many ways, he's down right weak.

Then he beats a man half to death with his bare hands and then decapitates him, literally turning his head into a dripping pile of goop.

The man you see on screen is NOT the Kingpin. At least not yet. But there are flashes of the man that he will become. He still genuinely wants to save the city. At his core, he's still an idealist. Let's see how long that lasts.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By 14NC3

@madeinbangladesh said:

@14nc3 said:

@dan12456 said:

.... you serious?

Have you watched the whole thing? They hinted numerous times there is some tension between Karen and Matt and I'm not even done watching the show yet.

~MIB

What instances of tension are you referring to? I thought there was gonna be a romance when there was that scene in his apartment but they never took that further, especially not during his affair with Claire. There was that one time where she referred to him as the handsome one, but the show never intended anything by it.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@14nc3 said:

@dan12456 said:

.... you serious?

~MIB

What instances of tension are you referring to? I thought there was gonna be a romance when she was naked in his apartment but they never took that further, especially not during his affair with Claire. There was that one time where she referred to him as the handsome one, but i don't the show never intended anything by it.

Karen obviously has some feelings for Matt. They ARE taking it from the comics aren't they? Even when Foggy and Karen were having a date in that old lady's apartment, Karen kept asking questions about Matt and then she told him to touch her face.

There is a LITTLE love triangle but it is nowhere NEAR nearrrrrrrrr unnecessarily tweeny and overboard like Arrow and even Flash.

~MIB

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say it again CW puts out nothing but crap catered to teens. Until DC steps up an truly try's to take a show to anything but network TV they are going to be shit. Hopefully Preacher is that project. I have faith in AMC and I think they have what it takes to make Preacher a great show. Though I would've preferred HBO to tackle it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

If Arrow wanted to be dark so badly this is how they should have did it.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 14NC3

@madeinbangladesh said:

Karen obviously has some feelings for Matt. They ARE taking it from the comics aren't they? Even when Foggy and Karen were having a date in that old lady's apartment, Karen kept asking questions about Matt and then she told him to touch her face.

There is a LITTLE love triangle but it is nowhere NEAR nearrrrrrrrr unnecessarily tweeny and overboard like Arrow and even Flash.

~MIB

So far, they're not following the Karen-Matt romance from the comics, but I know it will eventually. But they haven't started it . And I don't get why you'd think she has feelings for Matt because she asked Foggy to touch her face. The questions about Matt don't really point to her wanting to bang him - i'd imagine your date's blind friend would be an interesting topic to talk about.

And I really don't think there is a love triangle. The only reason the show would do that was to add drama - making the love triangle subtle doesn't make sense for the writers. And there isn't any evidence I can recall that points to it so far, other than what i've said.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3 said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

~MIB

So far, they're not following the Karen-Matt romance from the comics, but I know it will eventually. But they haven't started it . And I don't get why you'd think she has feelings for Matt because she asked Foggy to touch her face. The questions about Matt don't really point to her wanting to bang him - i'd imagine your date's blind friend would be an interesting topic to talk about.

And I really don't think there is a love triangle. The only reason the show would do that was to add drama - making the love triangle subtle doesn't make sense for the writers. And there isn't any evidence I can recall that points to it so far, other than what i've said.

There IS a love triangle but it is barely noticeable and very subtle because it is so well written in DD unlike in a CW network show

~MiB

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I still prefer the first season of Arrow and Flash to Daredevil. As much as I hate the love triangles, I can get around them and truly enjoy the show.

same here

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By 14NC3

@madeinbangladesh said:

There IS a love triangle but it is barely noticeable and very subtle because it is so well written in DD unlike in a CW network show

~MiB

But again there is no evidence of a love triangle. And why would they make it subtle - there's no point to them if it doesn't raise drama.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see why CW needs to take notes. It's not like it's trying to be like DD, it's a completely different targeted audience. Even then, it's been improving as a whole with Arrows second season in comparison to the first and Flash/iZombie with Arrow. Not saying I like it, but I'm not who the show was made for. Now you could say DC/WB does, which I agree with due to the lack of an HBO series. At the same time, I think we are going to get one if Preacher is successful.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@nickzambuto: Hey I'm gonna continue this convo with you on Frozens thread page in general discussions. Outside of the Thor movies with Jane when has there been a forced Romance or silly drama subplot that lead to no where? Arrow pilot was good, but still had a lot of flaws such as Stephen Amells acting was very wooden. My main point is current Arrow season 3 is riddled with them to the point of annoyance. Even though Season 2 of Arrow was amazing it still had the classic Network TV flaws; annoying/b**chy female characters like Laurel season 2 mode, and forced drama(someone close to Ollie has to hate Arrow/Ollie). Agents of Shield season one was weak, but at least they stayed away from unessicary love triangles Felicty/Ollie/Ray and whinny females: Felcity Season 3, Laurel Season 2, Thea Season 1.

Almost all the MCU movies had romance subplots. All three Iron Man movies with Tony and Pepper, The Incredible Hulk with Bruce and Betty, both Thor movies with Thor and Jane, and Cap 1 with Steve and Peggy. The only ones without romance are Avengers 1 and Cap 2, and apparently even Avengers 2 has a romance subplot with Hulk and Black Widow. Now I'm only on the second episode of Daredevil, but already it seems like they're starting a romance subplot with Foggy and Karen, and as we all know Matt needs to end up with Karen eventually, so all I'm saying is don't get your hopes up that Daredevil will pioneer a new breed of television where romance never shows up or anything. And honestly the idea of romance subplots in itself isn't even bad, maybe some people enjoy it besides just teenage girls?

And what's with this rumor of Stephen Amell having "wooden" acting? I guess it's all subjective, but Stephen Amell has been a terrific actor since day one, he basically portrays three entirely separate characters and pulls them all off perfectly (baby island Oliver, current determined Oliver, and intimidating vigilante Arrow)

Laurel was a bad character in season 2, I'll give you that. But the other complaints you bring up are all subjective, Arrow might have a big focus on drama, but why is that a bad thing? The first two episodes still had far better action sequences than the first two episodes of Daredevil, it's not like drama holds the show back.

All I'm saying is, you and everyone else might be jumping the gun and getting your hopes up.

Also the idea of Marvel suddenly beating DC in television now is pretty silly. Agents of Shield is barely hanging on and nobody even cares about Agent Carter at all. I think the reason people like Daredevil so much is because the bar was so low, we finally got something decent that we wanted. DC on the other hand has had major success with both Arrow and Flash, and mild success with Gotham (although nobody seems to care about Constantine).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

And honestly the idea of romance subplots in itself isn't even bad, maybe some people enjoy it besides just teenage girls?

I said forced romance and drama. All of the couples you just name come straight from the source material and the only one that felt forced was Jane & Thor(cause Jane is kinda boring). I'm not a romance hater. I love romance. James Bond Casino Royale had a great romance plot. It doesn't make you less of a man to love romance, if that's what you thought I was getting at? I'm talking about forced romance plots and love triangles that ham-fist and slow the progress of the main plot line.

Also the idea of Marvel suddenly beating DC in television now is pretty silly.

Are you talking to people in general? Currently they aren't. I said in the long run their netfliks tv shows will be better because they aren't held to the constraints Network TV creates. People watched Carter. NBC never believed in Constantine and doomed it with the times from the start. Ratings wise Gotham is destroying Arrow and Flash. Quality wise both of those are better from what I have seen from Gotham though.

And what's with this rumor of Stephen Amell having "wooden" acting?

It is subjective, but it is wooden in my eyes and many other peoples. So, it's certainly not a rumor. He basically is stoic for most of the show. I would personally put him somewhere around Kenau level(which isn't necessarily a bad thing, since Kenau has had a great career including the successful Matrix Franchise.)