LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LenSnart
No Caption Provided

Recently I realized something about these two, (or rather somethings) while when handing out the DC-Marvel equivalents Daredevil gets Nightwing and Green Arrow gets Hawkeye; this is obviously because of the similarities of their weapons and fighting styles, but I personally believe that if these two iconic characters were to have equivalents in the other camps it would be each other.

They both started of as b-list characters in the silver age ( golden age for GA) and while they enjoyed some popularity after their inception, it started to wane as people wrote GA off as the poor man's Batman and DD as the poor man's Spider-man. It appeared our heroes were doomed to a life of mediocrity but then two writers,Denny O'Neil and Frank Miller, gave these heroes a complete reinvention and new outlooks on life and cemented them as key parts of both their universes and comic buyers pull lists.

Both in universe and in the real world, these characters walk the line between big time hero and underdog. They're not Batman, they're not Captain America, sometimes they make mistakes; sometimes they even become a lil unstable (mainly looking at you here Murdoch). As for some other simmilarites, well :

They've both been homeless They've both had their lives taken apart

They've both have Marksmen dressed in black who fight them because of their egos as arch enemies

As of the new 52 they both have links to a secret ninja cult

They're both written off as small fries by the some of the general super villain community but have caused trouble for people who are 'out of their league' (Deathstroke and the Mega crime organisations)

As previously mentioned they've both had serious overhauls from writers which have made them exponentially more popular

Oh and a bonus one, Green Arrow once had a villain called Bullseye in his early days, so he actually predates Marvel's Bullseye

No Caption Provided

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lensnart: but GAs bullseye was obviously gay. lol. Oh and u forgot they both got tv shows.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lensnart: I'd never thought of that before.

And where did that picture come from?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Mrnoital

you make some good points, they're both known to fight for the little guy in their secret and public identity(GA with his company and DD as a lawyer)

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: The GA and DD one or the Bullseye one?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Oh it just came up when I searched Daredevil and Green arrow haha, I think it's just a pic Quesada drew for the heck of it, I know he's a pretty big fan of DD so maybe he just wanted to pair him with another hero

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this like the filthy attention whore I am

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rouflex

So going by your logic Bulleye's and Daredevil are The Joker and Batman :o? Mind blow bro, mind blow :P.

Ps:Both are considered as Batman rip offs by some.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Frisky4
No Caption Provided