frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#51 frozen  Moderator

@eyedcyou said:

@frozen: Why did you bring up Man of Steel? I mean... this thread only discusses Marvel, and I said in my last post that they would put Cap and Iron Man over Thor. I'm not going to debate Man of Steel on this thread lol. And NO ONE says Thor 2 is the worst thing ever made... some people might call it unwatchable, but generally it's just voted at the bottom of the MCU. That doesn't mean it's bad... I mean, most of the MCU is good, so it isn't a big deal to be at the bottom. I'm guessing Thor is your favorite character based on your name, so I can understand why you want to defend him.

You meant @4thor

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: Why did you bring up Man of Steel? I mean... this thread only discusses Marvel, and I said in my last post that they would put Cap and Iron Man over Thor. I'm not going to debate Man of Steel on this thread lol. And NO ONE says Thor 2 is the worst thing ever made... some people might call it unwatchable, but generally it's just voted at the bottom of the MCU. That doesn't mean it's bad... I mean, most of the MCU is good, so it isn't a big deal to be at the bottom. I'm guessing Thor is your favorite character based on your name, so I can understand why you want to defend him.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@eyedcyou: i just want to know why so similar movies have so different views from some users in this site! I read many unwatchable comments for Thor 2 and i think that opinion is exaggerated!

Thor 2 has many flaws starting with Jane and her crew, but it's not unwatchable in my opinion, my arguments are based on that premiss!

The only movie that is comparable to Thor 2 in terms of movie industry and "quality" is Man of Steel, (Critical, Audiences and Box office) both are comic book movies that were released in the same year, yes i went a little bit out of topic but was only to prove my arguments, i think it's not wrong discuss other movies with other film fans!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: It just irritates that hell out of me.. Whenever someone criticizes a Marvel film, they respond by comparing it to Man of Steel.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@4thor: It just irritates that hell out of me.. Whenever someone criticizes a Marvel film, they respond by comparing it to Man of Steel.

it wasn't my case because i will already mentioned that Thor 2 and MOS have (Critics, Audiences, Boxoffice) almost equal, why do i would compare "The Incredible Hulk" movie with MOS movie? They were released in very different occasions the Domestic Box office of MOS is more than the TIHulk Worldwide Box office, guess no one went to see Edward Norton as the Hulk.

I really don't base my arguments in my own opinion, because movies are subjective, i base my arguments in movie industry (Boxoffice, Critical, Audiences) i never say "people say this or that" it's subjective what a small number of people say, i didn't give my personal opinion on Man Of Steel, the movie didn't deserve so many backlash just because Superman didn't save anyone because he was fighting a character that don't let him save anyone.

If you want to know why i m keep saying US audience, because audiences here in Europe have different reactions to the same movies (sometimes the ending is different like "Snowpiercer") but Man of Steel was well accepted in the theater where i saw the movie, the same with Thor 2.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

1. The Winter Soldier
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy
  3. Avengers/Iron Man

However I think it's mind boggling people think Thor was better than Thor 2, or that Iron Man 2 or 3 was for that matter. Dark World wasn't a masterpiece, but it was superior to those three.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58 the_stegman  Moderator

Pretty accurate, the only thing I'd change would be to put Iron Man at number 1.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians shoulda got number 1

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Iron Man 3 does not deserve that spot, people really need to get past the Mandarin twist and understand no one died because of that, NO ONE DIED, so stop talking trash about a movie just for that, outside of the twist, Iron Man 3 is a GREAT FILM.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah. Any suggestions for my next list?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 the_stegman  Moderator

@eyedcyou: Did you do a DC comics film list yet?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I have not... I suppose I could do that and just have all DC films up for grabs.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mandarinestro

Iron Man > everything else.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice list. Most people have put IM in number 1, I thought I was one of the few who preferred it more than TWS and the Avengers. Also congrats to Hulk for getting one first place vote.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think Iron Man 3 is ranked too low. It's really not a bad movie. I mean, it may be in the eyes of people who got their panties in a bunch over the Mandarin twist, which was actually pretty clever by the way, but it's a fun, solid action flick. I agree with the rest of the rankings, though, for the most part.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou:

I respectfully don't like a good amount of these votes - because Iron Man 3 was a wonderful, energetic film and my second-third favourite MCU film. Gosh... can we just get over the Mandarin twist and enjoy the film for what it is? It's definitely one of my favourite comic book films of all time.

Whatever though, great job with compiling this list :P

- TAS

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 rogueshadow  Moderator

I can't believe Thor is so low.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@frozen said:

@eyedcyou said:

I personally think Iron Man is still by FAR the best Marvel movie.

Iron Man 3 came close to beating it UNTIL the twist. I wish it had retained that tone; and the commentary on terrorism, and slightly more adult nature isn't something that Iron Man won't have again.

Wait so are you saying that there's actual good stuff in Iron Man 3?

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTG and The Avengers are imo better than TWS but top 3 for sure.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#72  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

@eyedcyou said:

Iron Man 3 came close to beating it UNTIL the twist. I wish it had retained that tone; and the commentary on terrorism, and slightly more adult nature isn't something that Iron Man won't have again.

Until the twist it was a serious and atmospheric movie. Upon first viewing, that is.

Operative word: UNTIL. Everything before the twist was made a joke so the twist ruined all of the movie. If I'd watch it again, none of it is good because I'm now aware of the twist.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

@eyedcyou said:

Until the twist it was a serious and atmospheric movie. Upon first viewing, that is.

Operative word: UNTIL. Everything before the twist was made a joke so the twist ruined all of the movie. If I'd watch it again, none of it is good because I'm now aware of the twist.

I see, I'd be already aware of the twist upon watching it so I doubt I'd be able to enjoy it as much as someone who hasn't seen the movie.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time is a great equalizer. GOTG and TWS are still fairly new. Now, I didn't see GOTG and I liked TWS, but I feel very confident if a poll is done, even 5 years from now, asking us to rate the top 15 MCU movies, IM will be rated higher than TWS. As I didn't see GOTG, I can't comment on it, but movies generally described as "fun" do then to lose their appeal. Avengers was getting unreal hype as best CB movie ever." when it came out. Some on this site even called the Best Movie ever..period. Almost no one criticized it or called it over-rated the first 5-6 months. It was a wonderful achievement and Joss Weedon was a miracle worker for "pulling all these crafters together" (Biggest load of BS ever, that had already been done for him.) Now, while The Avengers is still pretty highly regarded, it's not uncommon for folks to say it's over-rated, hasn't aged well, and isn't as good after multiple viewings. It'll be interesting to see what folks say about GOTG and TWS in the next 2-3 years.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The list is pretty accurate.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers