• 76 results
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Edited By EyeDCyou

Sup nerds. I have the results of my latest poll. I asked you guys to rank the ten Marvel Cinematic Universe films in order from best to least. I got plenty of feedback and the results were pretty interesting. I hope you enjoy the list, and as always... I'm gladly taking suggestions for any future lists you'd like to see me create.

Guidelines

- Users were to rank the 10 MCU films from best to worst.

- The results are based on the votes of almost 40 viners.

- Yeah.

The Top 10

10. Thor: The Dark World - 85 Points

No Caption Provided

9. Iron Man 3 - 107 Points

No Caption Provided

8. Iron Man 2 - 127 Points

No Caption Provided

7. Thor - 166 Points

No Caption Provided

6. The Incredible Hulk - 182 Points (1 First Place Vote)

No Caption Provided

5. Captain America: The First Avenger - 186 Points

No Caption Provided

And... big jump!

4. Guardians of the Galaxy - 254 Points (2 First Place Votes)

No Caption Provided

3. Iron Man - 289 Points (13 First Place Votes)

No Caption Provided

2. The Avengers - 301 Points (11 First Place Votes)

No Caption Provided

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 308 Points (10 First Place Votes)

No Caption Provided

So that's the results. Pretty interesting that Iron Man got the most 1st place votes but finished 3rd in total points. Anyway, I think that most people will agree with this list. So good job mates.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Wait. Top 10?

There's only 10 total. lol.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EyeDCyou
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

As much as I love Winter Soldier, I don't think it deserved first place. Top 4 definitely, but not first.

Other than that, my only complaint is that Thor (1) should be higher.

Other than that, I agree!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Seems about right

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 560

Highly disagree with The Winter Solider, but thats just me

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: I'm there with you. I thought it was good, but I do think it is a bit overrated on this site. I put it at 4.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: I think its abit over rated everywhere to be honest. Almost got 8 on IMDb. I gave it a 6 it was ok, but with the hype I was expecting so much better. Just an excuse for explosions and action, no real story.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: My biggest complaint was that Bucky didn't get nearlyyy enough screen time.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: I think its abit over rated everywhere to be honest. Almost got 8 on IMDb. I gave it a 6 it was ok, but with the hype I was expecting so much better. Just an excuse for explosions and action, no real story.

You must be joking.

If TWS has no story for you, I can't even imagine what you must think of the other movies.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Pretty happy with the results, it's funny how Iron Man can jump from a third place movie to ninth and eighth.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11 frozen  Moderator

Iron Man 3 is just as bad as Iron Man 2.

Iron Man > The Avengers

Guardians of The Galaxy > The Winter Soldier > The Avengers

@guru_crack said:

You must be joking.

If TWS has no story for you, I can't even imagine what you must think of the other movies.

It's a very good film out of a franchise which I feel has more average movies than good.

I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was better though. I'm surprised it beat T.W.S and The Avengers on the critical front.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@frozen said:

Iron Man 3 is just as bad as Iron Man 2.

Iron Man > The Avengers

Guardians of The Galaxy > The Winter Soldier > The Avengers

@fallschirmjager said:

@guru_crack said:

You must be joking.

It's a very good film out of a franchise which I feel has more average movies than good.

I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was better though. I'm surprised it beat T.W.S and The Avengers on the critical front.

I'm not. GotG is overrated. It shouldn't be rated anywhere near TWS. Not that I give a crap about critic ratings.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If I had remembered to vote, hulk would made top 5, but I do agree that tws might be a bit over rated, good, but not quite the best(in my humble opinion)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EyeDCyou

I personally think Iron Man is still by FAR the best Marvel movie.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@fallschirmjager: I suppose Guardians is more for Cosmic fans of Marvel, eventually I think The Avengers 3 will tie in with GOTG against Thanos, the Cosmic threat and the true villain of the first Avengers film. The Winter Soldier was still great.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@eyedcyou said:

I saw it on FX a week ago. Its still holds up and ages beautiful. It has terrific amounts of heart that the IM sequels don't have.

The whole Yinsin character really, really, really made that film and the lack of him killed the others.

I just prefer TWS overall because I like Cap more as a character. But I have IM as 2.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yes, TWS on top!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Yeah, Iron Man is the only Marvel film that I really can't come up with a complaint for..

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@eyedcyou said:

Iron Man 3 came close to beating it UNTIL the twist. I wish it had retained that tone; and the commentary on terrorism, and slightly more adult nature isn't something that Iron Man won't have again.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By DrF8

As for me : Thor 1 should be higher, The Incredible Hulk should be higher, Avengers should be way lower, Cap1 should be lower, Cap2 should be lower, Ironman 1 should be higher and Ironman2 should be higher.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@fallschirmjager: Yeah, Iron Man is the only Marvel film that I really can't come up with a complaint for..

I honestly prefer Cheadle to Howard, but its not something I hold against the first film.

@frozen said:

@eyedcyou said:

Iron Man 3 came close to beating it UNTIL the twist. I wish it had retained that tone; and the commentary on terrorism, and slightly more adult nature isn't something that Iron Man won't have again.

The worst part was that it was a twist everyone knew was gonna happen and its heart breaking watching how well of a villain Kingsley was and they just up and ruined everything.

The dude f*cking played Chicken with the US President and won and someone decided it was a good idea to turn the whole thing into a joke? *sigh*

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Guru_Crack

@fallschirmjager: There may not have anymore story, than the previous films but they had a higher fun value, more jokes. Was too predictable IMO.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@guru_crack said:

@fallschirmjager: There may not have anymore story, than the previous films but they had a higher fun value, more jokes. Was too predictable IMO.

I feel the opposite. The other movies would be more fun with less jokes. Both Thor movies would be way better if Darcy didn't exist.

Watching Thor kick ass or watching Cap merc people is way more fun than watching idiots running around making "jokes" or having a dance off with the villain.

Agree to disagree.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@fallschirmjager: I could not believe the producers allowed that to happen. Not only did they throw away, what could have been a great performance, but threw away Iron Man's primary arch-nemesis. Prior to the film's release, I had read early reviews which said it rivalled Heath Ledger's Joker (obvious B.S now from either some fanboy troll or paid reviewer) and it was a privellege for Marvel to get an actor as good as Kingsley (absolutely magnificent in Gandhi and Schindler's List).

He was shaping up to be a great villain, serious and imposing - his scenes prior to the twist were very atmospheric. But it was thrown away for a 5 second gag, I couldn't suspend my disbelief to the point where some stage actor was fooling the U.S Government, and instead we got a Batman Forever re-do with the ''real'' Mandarin.

It becomes worse if I try to apply it to other movies: can you imagine watching The Dark Knight and being told halfway through that The Joker was just a stage actor?

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Haha jokes aren't a major role but if you have no story you really do need them.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Good list i would've put Iron Man before Avengers, but my top four, was the top four so i'm happy.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@frozen said:

@fallschirmjager: I could not believe the producers allowed that to happen. Not only did they throw away, what could have been a great performance, but threw away Iron Man's primary arch-nemesis. Prior to the film's release, I had read early reviews which said it rivalled Heath Ledger's Joker (obvious B.S now from either some fanboy troll or paid reviewer) and it was a privellege for Marvel to get an actor as good as Kingsley (absolutely magnificent in Gandhi and Schindler's List).

He was shaping up to be a great villain, serious and imposing - his scenes prior to the twist were very atmospheric. But it was thrown away for a 5 second gag, I couldn't suspend my disbelief to the point where some stage actor was fooling the U.S Government, and instead we got a Batman Forever re-do with the ''real'' Mandarin.

It becomes worse if I try to apply it to other movies: can you imagine watching The Dark Knight and being told halfway through that The Joker was just a stage actor?

The whole thing was just a disaster afaic. But as long as there is action and jokes the movie going audience won't care. Especially if RDJ is the star of the film.

The worst part is, I don't see any villain having the same type of potential for a while. Regardless of how much people like Thanos, a CGI villain isn't going to get the same type of affect as a live action one from a pure story telling and emotional perspective. Its just not going to have the same gravitas.

I won't even get into Ant-Man and although I'm looking forward to Strange (specially if Phoenix signs on) I know nothing about his villains so...

I do think Black Panther could make an EXCELLENT movie with White Wolf as a villain, but that is getting very, very, very, very bold if marvel were to do a Black character with a rich white villain. People who think GotG was risk compared to that haven't seen anything.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that thinks Iron Man is overrated?

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I seriously don't get this backlash against the Thor movies, from what I understand they were always more favoured by non-American audiences but that doesn't explain it to me: both were very well-received when they came out judging by what I read at the time.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RetconCrisis

Wow Winter Soldier got 1st? Impressive. I was totally expecting Avengers or GotG.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: A lot of people still liked them, but the Thor series is considered the weak link in the Avengers franchise.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@black_wreath: A lot of people still liked them, but the Thor series is considered the weak link in the Avengers franchise.

I will not discuss movie quality because it's subjective but what are your basis to assume that in terms of movie business?

The Incredible Hulk is the weak link because didn't have any sequel, it had a bad box office $263,427,551

Thor Franchise 1.1 Billion (450+645)

Cap Franchise 1.1 Billion (370+715)

But i totally understand that for US Cap movies are the better movies mjolnir hasn't stars and stripes in him and the premier of Thor 2 was in London not US like all other MCU movies, Thor roots are not from US at all and i love that,

If Thor 2 is that bad some say unwatchable with 65% in Rotten Tomatoes what to say about Man of Steel with 56% in RT?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EyeDCyou

@4thor:

I consider Thor to be the weak link because both movies are considered by most to be relatively average or good. Whereas Cap 2 is considered to be great, and Iron Man is obviously still the flagship.

The Hulk is an odd situation. Ed Norton didn't want to be tied down to a franchise, and I'm not sure if Marvel knew they were going to make trilogies for all their movies by the time of that films release. I also said the Thor series is the weak link. Hulk isn't a series, it's just one movie.

Rotten Tomatoes is not a good way to determine the quality of a film. If you want to go off of RT scores, the better way to compare is by using the user rated scores.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 4Thor

@eyedcyou:

Rotten Tomatoes is not a good way to determine the quality of a film. If you want to go off of RT scores, the better way to compare is by using the user rated scores.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In Audience reviews Thor 2 is still Above Man of Steal and Iron Man 2 and 3 (73% and 78%) , and Cap 1 74% and Thor 1 (76%)

I agree with your post movies are subjective there isn't a perfect way to qualify movie quality but in my opinion Thor 2 is far for being on the level of Cap 2 but i don't understand the hate by the comivine users to Thor 2, obviously some US people liked the movie.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frozen  Moderator

@4Thor: The percentage doesn't determine quality. The avg rating does (stated by RT themselves).

The % simply shows the number of positive reviews.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: That proves my point of why RT can't always be trusted. Thor 2 scored higher than MoS, Iron Man 2 &3 and Cap1. When most people would probably tell you it's the worst out of those films. And @frozen is right. RT has stated that the true score of the film is the avg rating. Thor 2 and MoS are tied in both categories. But like I said earlier. RT is not a good way to determine the quality of a film. Thor receives a lot of flak because it doesn't live up to the same expectations of the other films. Most people would agree that the films aren't bad, but compared to the other MCU films, they aren't usually as good.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@4thor:

I consider Thor to be the weak link because both movies are considered by most to be relatively average or good. Whereas Cap 2 is considered to be great, and Iron Man is obviously still the flagship.

The Hulk is an odd situation. Ed Norton didn't want to be tied down to a franchise, and I'm not sure if Marvel knew they were going to make trilogies for all their movies by the time of that films release. I also said the Thor series is the weak link. Hulk isn't a series, it's just one movie.

^Very true, most people don't get this.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@4Thor: The percentage doesn't determine quality. The avg rating does (stated by RT themselves).

The % simply shows the number of positive reviews.

why the % is there? I know exactly how RT works it's Fresh or Rotten...like i said before there isn't a perfect way to qualify movie quality!

If you want to go with the Avg rating, it's the same for Thor 2 and MoS, one is loved by comicvine users (MoS) and the other hated (Thor2), i just point out that some US audience must liked the movie if not, the Avg rating was lower for Thor2! And this is only representative from the US audiences not rest of the world!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: Exactly why they just said... It's percentage of positive reviews. For example, 65% of critics gave Thor 2 a positive rating. BUT it only received an average score of 6.2/10. I don't really understand why you keep bringing up U.S. audiences. Obviously a lot of people liked the film. Fans eat up CBMs.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By frozen  Moderator

The difference between % and avg. rating

http://flixster.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/62680-what-is-the-average-rating-how-is-it-calculated-

"The Average Rating is an average of the individual critic scores, based on a 1-10 scale. Each critic's original rating scale (star, letter grade, numeric) is converted to a number between 1 and 10, and then the numbers are averaged. Reviews without original ratings are not counted, and a minimum of five reviews with original ratings is required.

The Average Rating measures the overall quality of a product based on an average of individual critic scores. The Tomatometer simply measures the percentage of critics who recommend a certain product.

For example, while Men in Black scored 91% on the Tomatometer, the average rating is only 7.5/10. That means that while you're likely to enjoy MIB, it wasn't a contender for Best Picture at the Oscars. In contrast, Toy Story received a perfect 100% on the Tomatometer with an average rating of 9/10. That means that you are not only certain to enjoy it, you'll also be impressed with the direction, story, cinematography, and all the other things that make truly great films great."

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Most people Who? 30 comicvine users?

Did you see how many people review the movies in RT?

Again US is not the all world don't forget that? The overseas Box office is bigger than domestic to this kind of movies!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!! Avengers should be #1!!! GotG should be #2 and Cap 2 should be 3rd!!!!!!!!!!

haha jk.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: I think if you asked general audiences they would say that the Cap and Iron Man franchises are better than the Thor franchise... You sound like you're getting a little bitter buddy. And you're getting off topic. I'm done here.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 4Thor

@eyedcyou said:

@4thor: I think if you asked general audiences they would say that the Cap and Iron Man franchises are better than the Thor franchise... You sound like you're getting a little bitter buddy. And you're getting off topic. I'm done here.

Sorry it was not my intention to annoy anyone really sorry i m just debating :), i think there is no way you can prove that general audiences liked more MoS than Thor2... I can't ask to so many people their opinion about Thor2 and MoS like the number of people that made their review for this movies in RT?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 frozen  Moderator

@4thor said:

@eyedcyou said:

Sorry it was not my intention to annoy anyone really sorry i m just debating :), i think there is no way you can prove that general audiences liked more than MoS than Thor2... I can't ask to so many people their opinion about Thor2 and MoS like the number of people that made their review for this movies in RT?

Man of Steel

• IMDb - 7.3/10
  • Rotten Tomatoes Audience avg rating - 3.9/5

Thor 2

• IMDb - 7.2/10
  • Rotten Tomatoes Audience avg rating - 3.9/5
4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 4Thor

@frozen: You numbers only prove what i was saying similar ratings!!! why one is worst movie ever made unwatchable it's the word (Thor 2) and the Other MoS is a spectacular beginning to DCCU?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@4thor: MOS wasn't spectacular...

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@4thor: MOS wasn't spectacular...

MOS It was on the level of Thor 2 Critical, Audiences reviews and Box office performance Man of Steel made more money than Thor The Dark World but also cost more money to be made!!!

If Thor 2 is the weak Film of the MCU (i think it's the incredible Hulk but it just my opinion), WB/DC start their DCCU with a film that is equal in everything to the worse MCU Film!!!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EyeDCyou

@frozen: Why did you bring up Man of Steel? I mean... this thread only discusses Marvel, and I said in my last post that they would put Cap and Iron Man over Thor. I'm not going to debate Man of Steel on this thread lol. And NO ONE says Thor 2 is the worst thing ever made... some people might call it unwatchable, but generally it's just voted at the bottom of the MCU. That doesn't mean it's bad... I mean, most of the MCU is good, so it isn't a big deal to be at the bottom. I'm guessing Thor is your favorite character based on your name, so I can understand why you want to defend him.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is about right.