• 54 results
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82 said:

@theamazingspidey: Yeah, it allows Stark to show the audience how intelligent he really is, and that he is perfectly capable of solving problems without his suit, but like I said, those complaints are silly because Stark spent less time in the suit in the first Iron Man than in Iron Man 3 .

Exactly - and although the first Iron Man film just "doesn't do it for me" personally - critically, I reckon it's deserving of a 9/10 rating. Why? Because it's a damn good film - and Tony's barely in the amour in the movie, and although that initially bothered me - I learned to get over myself and appreciate the film for what it is, just as everyone should do with Iron Man 3.

- TAS

That´s exactly what people need to do, get over the Mandarin twist and appreciate the rest of the movie.

On another note, I understand The Dark World is not a perfect movie but I don´t understand all the hate it gets, I know it has a weak developed villain, so as Guardians of the Galaxy, but somehow people don´t pay attention to that but talk trash about Malekith.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@thor_parker82:

I honestly think The Dark World is 5.5/10 and GOTG is a 9/10 or something like that... so I'm in the camp you're talking about :) I honestly don't find much to like in TDK. Hemsworth was excellent as Thor, it's a fun film and the visuals are fantastic... but besides that, there isn't many good things.

And Guardians of The Galaxy's antagonist was flat because it's the Guardians' first outing - so it's best to explore the characters and build them up in the first film... whilst, with Thor, it's the second film and it's a singular hero - so there isn't any reason at all to come up with a bland villain for the film.

On another note - Loki was pretty weak in the Avengers (Avengers is my favourite CBM) and I reckon that was a smart choice - so we could focus on epic, awesome, and the first outing of The Avengers, because that's all we need. It's films like that, which are able to justify a flat villain. The Dark World cannot.

I respect if you like The Dark World, though :)

- TAS

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82:

I honestly think The Dark World is 5.5/10 and GOTG is a 9/10 or something like that... so I'm in the camp you're talking about :) I honestly don't find much to like in TDK. Hemsworth was excellent as Thor, it's a fun film and the visuals are fantastic... but besides that, there isn't many good things.

And Guardians of The Galaxy's antagonist was flat because it's the Guardians' first outing - so it's best to explore the characters and build them up in the first film... whilst, with Thor, it's the second film and it's a singular hero - so there isn't any reason at all to come up with a bland villain for the film.

On another note - Loki was pretty weak in the Avengers (Avengers is my favourite CBM) and I reckon that was a smart choice - so we could focus on epic, awesome, and the first outing of The Avengers, because that's all we need. It's films like that, which are able to justify a flat villain. The Dark World cannot.

I respect if you like The Dark World, though :)

- TAS

I don´t love The Dark World, but I also don´t hate it, I think it is an ok movie, not as bad as many people say. You are right, there is no excuse for Thor to have a weak villain in his second own movie, and I hate the humour in that movie, but besides that, the acting is great, the character interactions between Thor and Odin are great, the action scenes are incredible, Loki was excellent, we get to see more epic fights, what else do people want ?

I love Guardians of the Galaxy, I understand it´s their first movie but they could have still made a better developed villain.

I respect your opinion on Loki but man, he wasn´t weak in Avengers, I mean, he wasn´t the kind of villain you see and say,"how are they going to beat him " or a villain that makes you feel scared, but the acting and development of the character was great, you can really see how much he wants revenge on his brother.

Thanks for respecting my opinion.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@thor_parker82:

Yeah - the humour in Thor 2 was hilarious first time around - but looking back, it's cringe worthy. Even though - I love the first Thor so much so I thought this film was a disappointment - you're right, the best stuff were the acting, Loki, the action and the interactions, but besides that - I thought the story was incredibly weak and the film was too short.

Regarding Guardians of The Galaxy - I agree with you there, there's a legit reason for a weak villain, but GOTG didn't put much effort. At least I thought Malekieth was awesome in Thor 2, regardless of his lack of development, but Ronan was just... meh, and I hated his costume.

He isn't weak, yeah, although he lacks the complexity of TDK's Joker, or Obadiah Stane from the first Iron Man, so to put it in one sentence, Loki was pretty straight forward. Don't get me wrong, because I seriously like that - and I love Loki because he's mischievous and it's awesome - and the guy who played Loki (the name escapes me) owned the role.

- TAS