#1 Posted by madtitan2112 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I have what is currently a dream that i am trying to work into a plan to create a line of superhero comics. Currently i am working on the background of the world and more importantly the super powered individuals in it. As for the specific titles to be created I have a few ideas but would like to collaborate with writers and artists. This is not me wanting to self publish my ideas only, but a desire to create a single continuity super hero universe. I love comics have been reading them for decades and feel I may have something to contribute to the industry and fans. To be upfront and honest i am a normal guy, meaning i don't have a lot of money, and would be looking at kickstarter and good old fashioned borrowing to get things going if i assembled a team and the ball got rolling. There are, of course, no assurances that this would work but even if it does not, we would lose nothing but time and at least have a good time talking about comics. I am only looking for collaborators who are over 18 and have confidence in the seriousness and quality of their work. if you have any questions just ask

#2 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, everyone's got to start somewhere, right? It's an interesting idea, starting from the ground up, and you never know; it could lead to something bigger. If there is a fair amount of interest in doing something like this, I'd like to be involved.

#3 Posted by chrischarlton (19 posts) - - Show Bio

best of luck man! stick with it!!

#4 Posted by madtitan2112 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the encouragement.

#5 Posted by chrischarlton (19 posts) - - Show Bio

That's basically what I did with my first series "Binary Gray". Although I'm focusing on one location - Sky City - it's set in a world populated with various heroes and villains, seen through the eyes of Alex Gray, who has just developed his powers, so the reader gets a fresh perspective as well.

#6 Edited by madtitan2112 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i know it seems quite audacious but I'm envisioning a world not unlike the big 2 companies, or even how image was at its beginning. Multiple books in one connected world with interacting characters.

#7 Posted by Nyrax (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I don't know if I'd be able to contribute much but I'd be willing to try and help. I'm just a writer though and I am NO artist xD Believe me, my stick figures look fat! However, if there is anyway I could help I'd be willing to try and do what I can.

#8 Posted by TheCannon (18779 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope you do well. I make my own comics and have friends read them.

#9 Posted by madtitan2112 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Also if anyone could direct me to some amateur Superhero stories in script for that would be great.

#10 Posted by cbishop (8228 posts) - - Show Bio

@madtitan2112 said:

Also if anyone could direct me to some amateur Superhero stories in script for that would be great.

Check out the fanfic forum.

#11 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

There seems to be a large amount of creativity in a handful of viners lately! Best of luck man. By the way, a guy I know had a successful kick start just last week so NOTHING is impossible if you have good enough ideas and motivation!

Best of luck!

#12 Posted by madtitan2112 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone would be interested in writing some sort of audition piece or pointing me to their work that would be great.

#13 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6917 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCannon: Can I see them?
#14 Posted by TheCannon (18779 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@TheCannon: Can I see them?

Unfortunetly, no. I can't mail them to you.

#15 Edited by madtitan2112 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I found this page earlier, it seems like a good resource so i thought i would put it here for everyone.

http://www.superheronation.com/

#16 Posted by madtitan2112 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

if anyone is interested in looking at some pro scripts this is great

http://www.comicbookscriptarchive.com/archive/the-scripts/

#17 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds really exciting madtitan. I've noticed with the comments that everyone is really encouraging but a little hesitant to commit to anything. You seem new to the Vine and maybe, like myself, everyone is wondering how serious you are about this and what level of work you yourself do and, therefore expect from others. Perhaps if you could post some of your work up it might bring more people to the party? Just a suggestion. I hope something comes of this for you. Sounds great.

#18 Posted by Queso6p4 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrischarlton said:

best of luck man! stick with it!!

This. Also, as you're presumably older, this is probably unnecessary to state but guard your ideas fiercely. We could always use more original ideas.

@feebadger said:

Sounds really exciting madtitan. I've noticed with the comments that everyone is really encouraging but a little hesitant to commit to anything. You seem new to the Vine and maybe, like myself, everyone is wondering how serious you are about this and what level of work you yourself do and, therefore expect from others. Perhaps if you could post some of your work up it might bring more people to the party? Just a suggestion. I hope something comes of this for you. Sounds great.

I'd suggest e-mail to better protect his work.

@Glitch_Spawn: Sweet! If you can tell, what have you been working on?

#19 Posted by HammerTron (610 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea. At the moment I can't commit to anything, but keep me posted.

#20 Posted by madtitan2112 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I am working on one script for a single hero book, plotting a team book, and working out the history of the world in general. Also I am looking into the business aspects and responding to everyone who contacts me. as for showing my work, I would but I want to keep my intellectual property kind of private right now. keep the comments and questions coming.

http://madtitan2112.deviantart.com/

#21 Posted by StuckOnEuropa (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope you succeed.