Cox wants Daredevil in movies

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Feels he may be too late for one, but not another…
Feels he may be too late for one, but not another…

Source: Charlie Cox Wants Daredevil to Cameo in Captain America: Civil War

Marvel'sDaredevilseason 1 was recently released on Netflix to mostly positive reviews. With season 2 already announced, and on the heels of a big Marvel movie debut, it looks Daredevil's star Charlie Cox, has his sights (not a joke) set on Hollywood.

The actor says he would like to appear in Marvel's next movie, Captain America: Civil War, but is afraid (again, not a joke) it's a bit too late:

“Well he’s in the comics, but I think they’re already… I think I might have missed that boat... So unless someone watches the show and falls so madly in love with it that they decide to get me in for a day, that would be great, but I have no idea.”

However, the actor is also keen on the idea of a solo Daredevil film:

“Yeah that would be awesome – I’d love to do that” he revealed. “I love doing the TV show and I love that we have so much more time to explore the origin story and real deal with character and inner conflict, and spend a lot of time brooding in that world and those feelings, which is unusual for a superhero.

"And usually when you’ve got a two-hour movie it’s action-packed, and so I think that’s one of the things that the show has really benefitted from – having that extra time to really get to know and sit with these characters and see them as humans. But I’d love to see Daredevil on the big screen again. It would be great. And if I could be involved with that I’d be thrilled.”

If the Netflix Daredevil would be a film, it would seem more likely ot be more than a PG rating. Deadpool (considered a Fox film) will be an R-rated film, would Disney/Marvel do the same for something like Daredevil? Could Daredevil fit into Captain America: Civil War? If he were to get a solo film, what story would be a good fit? What do you Viners think?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should stay on his own IMO.

If anything, I'd rather see cameos in HIS show.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

I wouldn't mind seeing Daredevil on the big screen, but never at the expense of the extra time and creative freedom afforded by the TV season format, which is a better place for superheroes than film because it's episodic, just like the comics. Marvel comic stories aren't limited to 20 pages or any multiple thereof, and are told in precisely arranged panels, so it doesn't make any sense to adapt them in film, where more than two hours is considered unreasonable, and the audience is dragged through a three-act laundry list without being able to dwell on the images.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not in Civil War and he wouldn't really fit in Infinity War anywhere. I don't see it happening, unless he can still he in Civil War, but I'm not sure how that'd make sense. I don't even think they are doing the same story that civil war was with registration and everything.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, a DD movie would have to follow the line of the rest of the MCU by making it much lighter and jokier. That would pretty much betray the tone of the show.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

Ha of course he's saying that. He wants the exposure and the bucks.

Seriously though. I don't want them to do that. It would mess up what they have going. Maaaaaaybe a bit cameo but nothing more.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman
@jayc1324 said:

Probably not in Civil War and he wouldn't really fit in Infinity War anywhere. I don't see it happening, unless he can still he in Civil War, but I'm not sure how that'd make sense. I don't even think they are doing the same story that civil war was with registration and everything.

Isn't he going to be in Defenders and isn't the rumor that the Defender will be crossing over with the Avengers at some point?

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the biggest cameo he's likely to get is a shout out.

Now Hawkeye, or especially Black Widow showing up for Season 2...

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

Yes, that would be the best option--bring them into his dark world instead of him going in their lighter toned world.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

@_mongul said:

Yes, that would be the best option--bring them into his dark world instead of him going in their lighter toned world.

I like that.

megamaxmind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jesse cox?

No Caption Provided

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 1

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mysticmedivh

I'd like to see him in the movies.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

+1

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I wouldn't mind movie references and cameos (in anything BUT the Avengers, though).

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course he does.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason the show works and Agents of Shield do not, is the fact he doesnt have to deal so hard with the movies.

So is the best for everybody if he doesnt.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Yes, Daredevil rules and the Avengers sucks. I like dark and gritty rather than joke-filled and ****ty.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Yes, Daredevil rules and the Avengers sucks. I like dark and gritty rather than joke-filled and ****ty.

Whatever it floats your boat.

To this day i still think Guardians of The Galaxy is better that the Avengers, but ok.