#1 Posted by _jackbauer (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm doing some research on digital comic books because I'm considering transitioning to digital-only, and I had a few questions for anyone familiar with how comixology works.

First of all, I've already created an account and added a few free books to my account to give it a test run. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to actually download the comics on my account to my computer. I don't have an ipad and I don't feel like downloading them to my iphone, so I'm trying to get them on my laptop (mac) to read. I can't find a comixology app for the mac, is reading books via the online reader my only option?

#2 Posted by HolySerpent (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to help you, but I can't. I don't have a computer only a lap top

#3 Posted by HolySerpent (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

* I meant to say I only have a iPad

#4 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@_jackbauer:

On laptops and PC's you have to read the comics online. I believe you can only download comics onto tablets and the like through the comixology app.

#5 Posted by _jackbauer (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@Afro_Warrior said:

@_jackbauer:

On laptops and PC's you have to read the comics online. I believe you can only download comics onto tablets and the like through the comixology app.

Thanks for the reply. That sounds like broken functionality imho... there are times I want to read when I don't have access to internet.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the no internet thing is the one downside for me. But I love comixology otherwise.

#7 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@_jackbauer:

It's a design choice by comixology, created to make sure pirating comics isn't made easier by being able to download comics. [In theory].

Although i do wish they would find another way to combat pirating.