Couple DC animated movie questions

BloodsunXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BloodsunXL

After watching alot of DC movies and animated shows, I was wondering if someone could answer these questions. I do know the storylines of the comics but was curious about the movies.

1. Is Justice League:Doom a spiritual prequel to Young Justice?

2.Is Batman:Year 1 a prequel to The Dark Knight Returns movies(meaning is it in the same continuity)?

3. Is All-Star Superman a Alternate-Reality from the Superman/Batman movies, or is it in the same universe?

4.Did Jason survive in Under the 'Red Hood'?

5.Are the solo movies like SHAZAM/SUPERMAN, in the same universe.

Also...

6. How/why did Bruce Wayne retire at the begining of The Dark Knight Rises, and how did he get hurt to begin with.

Thanks in Advance.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

1. If I recall correctly, it's a sequel - or "finale" - to the DCAU Justice League series, just as Crisis on Two Earths was a bridge between JL and JLU.

2. The comics aren't, so no, I don't believe so.

3. Different universes.

4. Yes.

5. No.

6. I don't remember.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By serpent222
  1. I really don't think so, but I'm not sure that I'd class anything as a spiritual prequel or sequel to anything else.
  2. Whoops. Read that wrong. Dark Knight Returns is its own universe, usually. So no.
  3. Alternate reality, I believe, much like the comic series.
  4. I believe he does.
  5. I think they are, yes.
  6. He got injured in the fall from tackling Dent to save Gordon's son. He retired both because when Dent died he was now seen in a negative light, and the Dent act passed, eliminating the need for him to patrol the streets.
Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#4  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

Actually, as far as the comics go, Batman: Year One and the Dark Knight Returns (along with The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Spawn/Batman, and All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder) are part of the "Millerverse, sharing a continuity. Additionally, Batman:Year One is also canon the the mainstream continuity, but this is not true of anything else in the Millerverse, unless they constitute a different earth in the multiverse, as was the case post-Infinite Crisis.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By serpent222

I was always under the impression that because Year one is accepted in the main continuity that it was removed from the Millerverse. But, I suppose there is no issue with it being accepted in both continuities.