#1 Edited by BloodsunX (611 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching alot of DC movies and animated shows, I was wondering if someone could answer these questions. I do know the storylines of the comics but was curious about the movies.

1. Is Justice League:Doom a spiritual prequel to Young Justice?

2.Is Batman:Year 1 a prequel to The Dark Knight Returns movies(meaning is it in the same continuity)?

3. Is All-Star Superman a Alternate-Reality from the Superman/Batman movies, or is it in the same universe?

4.Did Jason survive in Under the 'Red Hood'?

5.Are the solo movies like SHAZAM/SUPERMAN, in the same universe.

Also...

6. How/why did Bruce Wayne retire at the begining of The Dark Knight Rises, and how did he get hurt to begin with.

Thanks in Advance.

#2 Posted by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio

1. If I recall correctly, it's a sequel - or "finale" - to the DCAU Justice League series, just as Crisis on Two Earths was a bridge between JL and JLU.

2. The comics aren't, so no, I don't believe so.

3. Different universes.

4. Yes.

5. No.

6. I don't remember.

#3 Edited by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. I really don't think so, but I'm not sure that I'd class anything as a spiritual prequel or sequel to anything else.
  2. Whoops. Read that wrong. Dark Knight Returns is its own universe, usually. So no.
  3. Alternate reality, I believe, much like the comic series.
  4. I believe he does.
  5. I think they are, yes.
  6. He got injured in the fall from tackling Dent to save Gordon's son. He retired both because when Dent died he was now seen in a negative light, and the Dent act passed, eliminating the need for him to patrol the streets.
#4 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (481 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, as far as the comics go, Batman: Year One and the Dark Knight Returns (along with The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Spawn/Batman, and All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder) are part of the "Millerverse, sharing a continuity. Additionally, Batman:Year One is also canon the the mainstream continuity, but this is not true of anything else in the Millerverse, unless they constitute a different earth in the multiverse, as was the case post-Infinite Crisis.

#5 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I was always under the impression that because Year one is accepted in the main continuity that it was removed from the Millerverse. But, I suppose there is no issue with it being accepted in both continuities.