#1 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the title, that's my question.

#2 Posted by Wolfrazer (6479 posts) - - Show Bio

You mean that is actual canon? Hmm..sure why not.

#3 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: Like an ongoing story , besides Shao Kahn taking over earthrealm.

#4 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the answer depends on at least two things.
1:  Who are "they"?
2: What is a MK comic?

#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (6479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
Well, the answer depends on at least two things. 1:  Who are "they"? 2: What is a MK comic?
1. I guess whichever company is hired. 

2. MK= Mortal Kombat.
#6 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3761 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!

#7 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wolfrazer: Ah...  Well, Mortal Kombat is owned by Warner Bros. at the moment... (unless it's been sold)
 The question then becomes, would enough people buy it to make it profitable enough to print...  I'd be willing to give it a try.

You'd think that Warner Bros. has enough artists and printing presses out there to give it a go...  Perhaps, you should send them a letter...
#8 Posted by SC (12962 posts) - - Show Bio

They did, eh wasn't very good. Some parts were okay, some parts were horrendous. I wouldn't mind a new series with the hope it would be a lot better. I'd prefer a Tekken comic though.

#9 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: Do you think that DC would be able to considering the game they made together? Get a strong writer, and a artist for fighting scenes to be good.

#10 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@dtschemmel said:

@Timandm: Do you think that DC would be able to considering the game they made together? Get a strong writer, and a artist for fighting scenes to be good.

Well DC certainly has the talents and resources.  Unfortunately, legally, they can't do it.  It is no longer their property.  They sold all rights...   Now, perhaps someone at DC could work out an arrangement with Warner Bros. for the RIGHTS.. then, yes... That's be good.
#11 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: I'd LOVE a Mortal Kombat title. That'd be amazing. So many Characters and stories. And a Mortal Kombat: Origins title.

#12 Posted by TheCasketFiller (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I would enjoy a mortal kombat title and i think it has great potential.

#13 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Do it along with Tekken and Soul Calibur.

#14 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Original stories are fine, but nothing that goes against the original MK lore or story. Take for example the MK Legacy webisodes that are immensely disrespectful to the original story. That is something I Would want to avoid, but the MK tournament has been going on for hundreds of years prior to the Great kung lao, which took place roughly 450 years before Liu Kang. There is plenty of story to tell. Hell, even Kahns entry into realm domination. Id love to know what happened with Edinia, Kitana and Sindel when Kahn Invaded. More detail in "the before" would be awesome.

#15 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal: Tavens story>