• 55 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (35187 posts) 5 months, 5 days ago

Could You See Tom Hiddleston as Joker? (77 votes)

Yes 36%
No 48%
My opinion doesn't matter, silly 16%

Well, could you? Do you think he'd be a good fit for the character?

Note: this isn't based on a rumor or anything, obviously. I was just wondering about it and wanted to see what you all think.

#1 Posted by Marionettegeist (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#2 Posted by darkbeam (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he would be a good Joker.

#3 Posted by SheenLantern (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

I can't even imagine it, much less want to see it.

#4 Posted by Tyrus (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

... He's got the forehead :P

#5 Posted by _Atomikill_ (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say no. I mean, sure, he is a good Loki- but the Joker is perhaps one of the most annoyingly lovable characters in comics, right up there with Deadpool in my book. Hiddleston is too sincere and... deep. Then again, maybe I am wrong, and we just haven't seen a Jokerish side to him yet. In my mind I want the next Joker to be like the Animated Series one. Just because NOBODY should even try for Ledger's Joker.

I also don't think he'd look the part. Imagining clown makeup on Loki's sinister grin... no.

However, I am thinking that maybe Johnny Depp could work. He would definitely portray the more sensitive side of the Joker, the boy with an abusive aunt. Then again, that might be just plain hypocritical of me, since I just rejected Hiddleston.

Who knows.

#6 Posted by Pr0metheus (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

I can't even imagine it, much less want to see it.

#7 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really sure.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all.

#9 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I said this in one of my threads just a couple of days ago. I think he'd be a brilliant Joker and physically speaking, fits the role better than Ledger did.

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (26351 posts) - - Show Bio

I said this in one of my threads just a couple of days ago. I think he'd be a brilliant Joker and physically speaking, fits the role better than Ledger did.

I gave you the idea!

#11 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman said:

I gave you the idea!

I don't recall it that way - but sure ;-P

I also thought Crispin Glover (which the guys at AMC movie talk I then found out thought the same thing)

#12 Edited by War Killer (19481 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on the fence with this idea. I honestly don't think I could say if he would or wouldn't until I see him wearing Joker make-up, with the big red grin, laughing psychotically.

#13 Posted by CaptainHoopla (603 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely, I think he could play a brilliant Joker. He definitely has the acting chops to do anything well. Also seems to have the appearance and facial shape to match the more typical comic book Joker.

#14 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

NO. Especially if they' ever go for a Ledger Joker again.

#15 Posted by Tyrus (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

They'd have to make his face look really dirty (like Ledger). He's too clean.

#16 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

K4, I expect better from you.

#17 Posted by HumanRocket (4826 posts) - - Show Bio

^this

#18 Edited by MonsterStomp (13087 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by KnightRise (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Daniel Day-Lewis playing a creepier, haunting Serious House Joker. He's one of the kings of method acting and I think if he got deep into the role he could pull it off.

#21 Posted by fil123 (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: wasnt dafoe in the running for the joker in 89? i heard it from a couple different sources

#22 Posted by hart7668 (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by RustyRoy (9193 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see him as Joker, not really but people said the same thing about Ledger. My choice would be Crispin Glover or Dafoe.

I could see Daniel Day-Lewis playing a creepier, haunting Serious House Joker. He's one of the kings of method acting and I think if he got deep into the role he could pull it off.

Agreed, he'd be great as Ra's al Ghul too.

#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (35187 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how people are thinking this is, "he can play Loki, so why not Joker?" It's wondering if you think he has the range to do so. He certainly has the look and that's what made me think of it in the fist place.

Staff
#25 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11522 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure. He has the talent to play anyone.

Not really banging the table for him though. I don't really care who plays Joker.

Its pretty much impossible to say how good someone can or can't be until we see the performance. Good actors have delivered stinkers, bad actors have delivered gems and unknown actors can do either or and anything in between.

Don't think we need to worry about it any case. I HIGHLY doubt the Joker is showing up in Batman/Superman.

#26 Posted by PotatoOfDoom (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Sure. He has the talent to play anyone.

Not really banging the table for him though. I don't really care who plays Joker.

Its pretty much impossible to say how good someone can or can't be until we see the performance. Good actors have delivered stinkers, bad actors have delivered gems and unknown actors can do either or and anything in between.

Don't think we need to worry about it any case. I HIGHLY doubt the Joker is showing up in Batman/Superman.

#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (35187 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#28 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11522 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Robert Pattinson is the Joker.

worried now?

HUH!?

#29 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27289 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on the fence with this idea. I honestly don't think I could say if he would or wouldn't until I see him wearing Joker make-up, with the big red grin, laughing psychotically.

#30 Edited by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#31 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it would be difficult to wrap my head around that. Not because I don't think he could perform it well, just because I'd be wondering what Loki's game was this time the entire film.

#32 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

Before he played Loki, maybe I could have, but now it's hard to see him as anything CBM related but Loki. (Because of how good he is, if that was unclear)

#33 Edited by TDK_1997 (13669 posts) - - Show Bio

No.I actually can't see him as the Joker or a maniac like him and also I don't want to see him in that role.

#34 Posted by War Killer (19481 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

That's much better actually. Now I just need to hear his psychotic laugh. lol

#35 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

yes

#36 Posted by OreoAssassin (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#37 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15713 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. They're just very different characters --- Loki is a very polished and composed kind of villain, while Joker is the diametric opposite of that.

Loki wasn't polished and composed when he got smashed around by Hulk.

Hiddleston as Joker confirmed.

#39 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather not.

Not because he can't do it, I just don't want to see him as Joker.

#40 Posted by ilovemrj (1 posts) - - Show Bio

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HE LOOKS JUST LIKE MISTAH J IN THE KILLING JOKE WITH BROWN HAIR IM SURE THAT HE COULD BE THE PERFECT PUDDIN!

#41 Posted by Bezza (2122 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, why not?!

#42 Posted by Black_Arrow (1894 posts) - - Show Bio

William Dafoe would be awesome

#43 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7776 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a good enough actor to pull it off

#44 Edited by Jhaigo99 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all.

#45 Posted by Gambit474 (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

probably

#46 Edited by Queso6p4 (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

I most definitely think he has the acting chops for it.

#47 Posted by Farkam (3097 posts) - - Show Bio

God no.

#48 Posted by Tyrus (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard a lot of people say that he's not good for Joker because he's... *sigh*, starred as the villain in kiddy films.

#49 Posted by those_eyes (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

#50 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9797 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I think he definitely could. The problem with people is that they will forever base Joker off of Heaths amazing interpretation of it. But theres room for change. Tom, assuming he somehow ever played the Joker, could develop a very different Joker that I think would be extremely over with the fans.