• 59 results
JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Could Wolverine hurt Superman to any degree whatsoever? (This assumes, of course, that Superman is just standing there and daydreaming about Lois or something.)

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he would literally cut him into a million pieces under these circumstances

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine hurted Thor and Thanos,he can cut Superman.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? I thought Superman's body could resist the claws.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rpgesus

@johnnyz256: wow my bad thats my fault i thought it said spiderman. so dont listen to my first post but wolverine could still cut superman and make him bleed a little but i dont think he could ever full on kill him idk tho adamantium claws right to the throat may do the trick

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MasterKungFu

yep he would cut daydreaming clark

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By reactor

Adamantium could cut Superman, but Wolverine couldn't ever exert the amount of force needed to do it. You could give me a diamond, but no matter how hard I threw it, I could never throw it through an oak tree.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: That's not really a good analogy given that his claws are razor sharp and he has some pretty good cutting feats with them. He prob couldn't hurt Superman too bad with them but he could prob draw blood.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By reactor

@spambot said:

@reactor: That's not really a good analogy given that his claws are razor sharp and he has some pretty good cutting feats with them. He prob couldn't hurt Superman too bad with them but he could prob draw blood.

I was referring to a cut diamond. Which is pretty dang sharp, dude. In fact, diamonds are the hardest natural substance known to mankind. Very high quality tools utilize diamond tips. Wood isn't anywhere near as strong. But the force required to exert a diamond through another dense substance, while fully possible, is not possible through the limitations of the person throwing it. In the same way, Wolverine's claws are sharp and hard enough to cut Supes, but Wolverine himself could never exert the necessary force. Thor might be a powerhouse like Superman, but he's not invulnerable like him.

Now does the potential exist? Perhaps, but under normal circumstances, I can't see Wolvie ever cutting Supes under his own strength.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: if i threw a sharp diamond it would go right into a tree

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spambot

@reactor: I know how hard diamonds are dude and even a sharp one though would need be thrown way faster than a human could possibly throw it to go through an oak tree due to a number of reasons. Its still a poor analogy imo. I think Wolverine could cut Superman much like how you could get that diamond to stick into an oak tree.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

Adamantium could cut Superman, but Wolverine couldn't ever exert the amount of force needed to do it.

This.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Noone301994

Depends on how you define "hurt". He could scratch him and draw blood, but if he tried to stab Superman the claws wouldn't go that deep.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No probably not, Supermans durability comes from the force field he generates......Wolverine lacks the force to do anything to him.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

yes

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: With this logic, you dont even need adamantium, just regular steel. You say that strength > weapon material which is not true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@reactor: With this logic, you dont even need adamantium, just regular steel. You say that strength > weapon material which is not true.

Not at all. If you try to cut a tree with a knife, you fail. If you try to cut a tree with a diamond, you still fail. If you exert enough force with a knife, the blade dulls, twists or breaks. If you do the same with a diamond, it will go through the tree.

A four year old can't chop logs with an axe. You can. Common sense.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Penderor

@nickras said:
@penderor said:

Not at all. If you try to cut a tree with a knife, you fail. If you try to cut a tree with a diamond, you still fail. If you exert enough force with a knife, the blade dulls, twists or breaks. If you do the same with a diamond, it will go through the tree.

Four year old could chop logs with an axe made of proper material.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine cut Thor, Gladiator, Hulk and Thanos but they were only minor scratches so he can scratch Superman but he can't gut him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:
@nickras said:
@penderor said:

Four year old could chop logs with an axe made of proper material.

Yes, exactly. But the point is that a lesser force can use a weapon and get worse results than a greater force using the same weapon. In this case, people are coming to the conclusion that Wolverine's force with adamantium blades isn't enough to seriously hurt Superman. If it was Hulk pushing the blades, Supes would get shredded to ribbons.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman's skin>Earth Metal

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@reactor said:

Adamantium could cut Superman, but Wolverine couldn't ever exert the amount of force needed to do it.

This.

this

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

This.

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine can barely cut Colossus skin

I have no idea how he hurts Superman

Mongoose

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he kept hacking away he could eventually do it

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

Look at it like this,

If you give Wonder Woman an adamantium sword, she'll cut through Superman like butter almost. However, if you give her a steel sword, regardless of her power, that sword is gonna snap from the force of her swing connecting to Superman's body. In Wolverine's case, with his adamanium claws, he wouldn't be able to generate the necessary force to really do Superman sufficient damage. For example, I can get the sharpest knife from my house and balance the pointy end on my hand, but it's not going to really cut me because the necessary force is absent. And if you give Wolverine regular steel claws he's just screwed all around lol

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems to really be a case where you are judging the durability of Superman's skin against the strength of Wolverine to use his claws. As well as the added durability of Superman's forcefields(if he really has these). So I think it would help if people would start mentioning actual feats of both characters that pertain to these two things if we are going to try and draw any conclusions rather than just empty statements. Wolverine took off a depowered King Thor's arm(which should be the equivalent of taking off regular Thor's arm even if it seems a bit of wis that he did it) which tells me that if Wolverine could get to Superman's skin that he has a pretty good chance of harming him. Unless someone knows of a feat where Superman got stabbed or sliced by a blade equivalent to Wolverine's claws and took no damage from it.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it... unfortunately for Wolverine, the bulk of Superman's invulnerability is a skin tight force field that absorbs the energy from attacks, now if that could drop and Logan was attacking Superman's actual skin... yes.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tyger
No Caption Provided

This Wolverine could...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34 dernman  Online

@reactor said:

Adamantium could cut Superman, but Wolverine couldn't ever exert the amount of force needed to do it. You could give me a diamond, but no matter how hard I threw it, I could never throw it through an oak tree.

This is how it should be but you know "comics".

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Has anything other than kryptonite ever cut supes?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drowzyburro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done before!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

Look at it like this,

If you give Wonder Woman an adamantium sword, she'll cut through Superman like butter almost. However, if you give her a steel sword, regardless of her power, that sword is gonna snap from the force of her swing connecting to Superman's body. In Wolverine's case, with his adamanium claws, he wouldn't be able to generate the necessary force to really do Superman sufficient damage. For example, I can get the sharpest knife from my house and balance the pointy end on my hand, but it's not going to really cut me because the necessary force is absent. And if you give Wolverine regular steel claws he's just screwed all around lol

But then, there is no reason for Wolverine having adamantium claws, as he cannot use its full potential anyway. So maximalize the damage, you need the max strength the weapon can handle without being damaged itself right (thats what you are saying). So why does hero who can barely lift few tons has weapon that is supposed to be able harm beings like Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman and above.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@eyedcyou said:

Has anything other than kryptonite ever cut supes?

He's been cut before by stuff, Doomsday's bone spurs come to mind.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@penderor said:

Look at it like this,

But then, there is no reason for Wolverine having adamantium claws, as he cannot use its full potential anyway. So maximalize the damage, you need the max strength the weapon can handle without being damaged itself right (thats what you are saying). So why does hero who can barely lift few tons has weapon that is supposed to be able harm beings like Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman and above.

Just because he can't kill planet level+ characters does not mean his claws are useless. They're more than fine, perhaps even OP, considering the tier his stats actually put him in.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Blackdog2009

@johnnyz256: you are the one daydreaming. Wolverine can't hurt Superman at all.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: wrong. Adamantium can't cut Superman no matter the force. Superman is only vulnerable to magic or kryptonite. End of story.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

A scratch at best.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He stabbed through Gladiators shoulder relatively easy.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If the story required him to then yes.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Penderor

@penderor said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@penderor said:

Look at it like this,

Just because he can't kill planet level+ characters does not mean his claws are useless. They're more than fine, perhaps even OP, considering the tier his stats actually put him in.

I never said they are useless lol. I just said there is no reason for street level character having top quality weapon.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

That kinda happened in the comics though not by Wolverine but a laser beam capable of cutting through even adamantium. Though it was crossover so i don't know how canon or non-canon it is but it could still be a judge of power for the character at the time.