could there ever be a marvel movie?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By THORSON

could there ever be a marvel movie with a more serious tone like the dark knight/rises? marvel movies have all seemed to have that comedy appeal, (without overdoing it).

would you mind a serious toned marvel movie?

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

it's called punisher warzone.

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Not much humor in Blade either...so YES I think they can.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Even Warzone was kinda comical. I think both have their formulas and it works. DC tried doing things the Marvel way with GL and it did not work, so I would suggest Marvel stay in their lane.

Captain_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Sigh* what has become of this CBM age...

Dark tones are fine but they're becoming total BS since everyone wants all superhero movies to be as dark up until the point where you want to mutilate yourself. Only Marvel characters I can see with a "dark" tone in film are Punisher, Blade, Wolverine (Frick The Wolverine) and so on. Marvel films are fine the way they are, if anything DC needs to lighten the mood.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the "dark and edgy" superhero stuff died out with the mullet, why are people trying to bring it back? (The dark and edgyness not the mullet)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tikhunt said:

I thought the "dark and edgy" superhero stuff died out with the mullet, why are people trying to bring it back? (The dark and edgyness not the mullet)

Mullets went out of style when the 80s ended.

Dark and edgy superhero stories were out of style by the late 90s.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#9  Edited By Extremis

It all depends on the character. I expect Winter Soldier to have that dark espionage feel to it like the comic because that seems what they're going for.

As for Marvel movies that have come out I thought Wolverine was quite dark. It dealt with the dropping of the bomb in Hiroshima, some serious violence, and the tone of which was quite bleak and serious. Probably the closest to an R rated PG13 film I've seen. During the thing I was convinced it was actually considering how mature the content was. There wasn't much there for a younger audience in my opinion. It explores some very mature themes, Logan basically learning that he doesnt want to die anymore. I mean thats some pretty heavy stuff. That movie has been sorely underrated.

But anyway, that's as dark and serious a portrayal you can get for a superhero.