• 97 results
#1 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

Do all of Superman's strength feats make it possible for him to be able to pick up Thor's hammer regardless if he's worthy or not.

#2 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

No

Strength literally does not matter at all with picking up that hammer. Unless he is worthy it is impossible for him to pick it up.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (25054 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#4 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture: Hasn't Hulk been able to do it in the comics?

#5 Edited by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: The first scan Hulk did not lift it he just made Thor hit himself with it, The reason rulk could lift it was no gravity so technically he did not lift it and same with Iron man who even explained it was zero gravity and on Earth only Thor could.

So no hulk did not. If anyone who wasn't worthy did hold it, it was either pis, loeb, or Thor took of the spell that made only worthy ones lift it.

#6 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18422 posts) - - Show Bio

No

Strength literally does not matter at all with picking up that hammer. Unless he is worthy it is impossible for him to pick it up.

This. That goes for everyone.

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (43685 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#8 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture: I've seen it happen in a few animated things and it just seemed like it'd be possible.But since they're non canon I guess it'd be an unreasonable argument. Obviously Supes could lift it with pure nobility.

#9 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

No

THIS.

#10 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6107 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture said:

No

This. That goes for everyone.

#11 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#12 Posted by Cyclonus_The_Warrior (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: I could imagine Superman being worthy enough to pick it up. Perhaps even more worthy than Thor himself.

#13 Edited by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman successfully picks up mjolnir, it's because of his character and not his physical strength (pretty much what everyone else said).

#14 Edited by Hyperlight (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyclonus_the_warrior: wasn't mjolnir made for Thor? that's like zeus being better quipped with Poseidon's trident

#15 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#16 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (969 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Strength has nothing to do with it. Its a mystical thing.

#17 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#18 Posted by cameron83 (7520 posts) - - Show Bio

@616vulture said:

No

#19 Posted by Immortal777 (7681 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

Superman just lifts the hammer and whatever is beneath it.

#20 Posted by MonsterStomp (19300 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

This. Each action has an equal and opposite reaction. Meaning, if the hammer was resting on Earth and Superman was attempting to deadlift it, the Earth has to have an equal return force. Superman can move Earth and everything beneath the hammer, I'd call that a success.

#21 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: wait so the hammer will still be stuck on the ground and at the same time, the earth is moving along with it?!?!? howlleeeee doodoo

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (19300 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln: That or the hammer would rip up any rubble or debris. I'll just go with the moving Earth thing.

#23 Edited by Kairan1979 (16860 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Unless it's an alternate version of Superman who is willing to kill. The hammer was made for a warrior, not for a peacemaker with no-killing rule.

#24 Posted by patrat18 (10174 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

Yes

This. Each action has an equal and opposite reaction. Meaning, if the hammer was resting on Earth and Superman was attempting to deadlift it, the Earth has to have an equal return force. Superman can move Earth and everything beneath the hammer, I'd call that a success.

LOL.

#25 Edited by Cooldes (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: I could imagine Superman being worthy enough to pick it up. Perhaps even more worthy than Thor himself.

@alak said:

If Superman successfully picks up mjolnir, it's because of his character and not his physical strength (pretty much what everyone else said).

No. Read below

No. Unless it's an alternate version of Superman who is willing to kill. The hammer was made for a warrior, not for a peacemaker with no-killing rule.

This.

#26 Edited by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I just found a loophole with that enchantment which is how people can technically lift it in space.

Edit: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

This statement can be interpreted as such: You can hold the hammer but only by being worthy can you actually use the powers and abilities that it bestows.

If I'm talking nonsense then just tell me.

#27 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#28 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9616 posts) - - Show Bio

The hammer is magically imbued to not allow anyone "unworthy" to lift it. You have to have enough strength to surpass the magic that binds it, which Superman definitely does not have.

#29 Edited by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#30 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

Yes

Except that we're dealing with divine, mystic forces that don't have to answer to what we would consider conventional physics. It's "magic."

#31 Edited by _Gaff_ (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but Superman could move the planet it is on. :P

#32 Posted by RogueShadow (11124 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#33 Posted by MonsterStomp (19300 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

@monsterstomp said:
@immortal777 said:

Yes

Except that we're dealing with divine, mystic forces that don't have to answer to what we would consider conventional physics. It's "magic."

Pfft. The Earth still spins if the hammer is on the ground, why couldn't Superman just move Earth (moving the hammer)?

#34 Posted by Immortal777 (7681 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

@monsterstomp said:
@immortal777 said:

Yes

Pfft. The Earth still spins if the hammer is on the ground, why couldn't Superman just move Earth (moving the hammer)?

Or Superman could fly whatever the hammer is attached on to the sun watch it burn with the hammer still in his hand a pull off a Leob Rulk lol.

#35 Posted by SheenLantern (6801 posts) - - Show Bio

If the question is 'Could Superman lift a hammer-sized chunk of collapsed star?', then yes.

#36 Posted by Jaymundo (174 posts) - - Show Bio

In short... no! It's quite clear that in the current status nobody other than Thor can lift the hammer no matter how strong they are or the circumstances.

#37 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Say the holder be worthy to hold it, like it says shall have the powers of Thor. Does that mean if cap held it because es worthy right? A swell guy. Can he use thors powers like weather manipulation anti matter blast etc? Minus the traits Thor has an asgardian but the actual powers moljnir gives Thor?

#38 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman did lift mjolnir in a marvel/dc crossover because he´s worthy

#39 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Behold! WIS in it's fullest glory!

#40 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6107 posts) - - Show Bio

Behold! WIS in it's fullest glory!

That is technically accurate. Ultimate Thor's hammer doesn't have an enchantment allowing anyone to lift it.

But I get your original point.

#42 Edited by PowerHerc (85100 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#43 Posted by Anbu_B_Team (574 posts) - - Show Bio

If the effect of the Hammer being unmovable is based in magic why would gravity have anything to do with it. Shouldn't it be where ever the Hammer is in space, anywhere , it should remain until one deemed worthy takes it?

#44 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5536 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje: he lifted it because allowed him to.

@Immortal777

No he cannot lift it its magic and moving the earth doesn't count.

#45 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by ilikedonuts (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope even with unlimited strength you would never be able to even budge Mjolnir if ya aint worthy of it.

#47 Posted by blastaar (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superman is worthy enough to lift Mjolnir, but not through strength.

#48 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje: @zombiemowlcher: actually it was perfectly logical, as Thor GAVE him the hammer to use, thus keeping it within the enchantments rules. This isn't an isolated case where Thor has allowed another hero to use the hammer when normally they wouldn't be able to.

#49 Posted by Cooldes (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

@blastaar: @attatje: crossovers are non-canon, and supes could never lift it, look at post 23

#50 Posted by blastaar (110 posts) - - Show Bio
@cooldes said:

@blastaar: @attatje: crossovers are non-canon, and supes could never lift it, look at post 23

I have no clue about the crossovers, but Supes did kill Zod in MoS! Why wouldn't he be worthy?