Could Sanji have beaten Vergo?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

In response to all the Sanji lowballers that say he got whooped in a bout with Vergo, i'm here to defend ol Blackleg and provide an arguement that he indeed could have won his battle. This may seem late but, eh.

So let's do this. Vergo was easily the most powerful member of the Donquixote Pirates. Sans Doflamingo of course. So unlike Pica or Monet, Sanji had to fight a tough foe from the getgo. And despite the fact that the fight ended in a draw with neither combatant using their full power, people count this as a defeat for Sanji.

And i just wonder, how? He sent Vergo flying twice and wasn't even fighting with all he had. People like to bring up the leg crack, but come on. An exaggeration if i ever seen one. In truth, it was a minor injury because Sanji continued to use the leg without any discomfort. Whitebeard took a fire-fist through the chest and still won his fight. Heck Zoro is always put on the brink of death during his fights and still comes out on top in the end. So something as little as that shouldn't be dwelled upon.

Sanji just underestimated Vergo's strength. The same thing happened in Water 7. Luffy got destroyed by CP9 because he didn't expect them to be so powerful. But later on was easily able to injure them. Sanji was just caught off guard. And yet he still held the upperhand despite having prior injuries and using DJ once and not Hell Memories at all.

So do i think Sanji could have beat Vergo? Yes. I do. After seeing the extent of his power i fully believe Sanji could take Vergo out. It would be difficult, Vergo is incredibly strong. So i see a battle reminiscent to the Mr. 2 fight. But i still have faith in the cook. In addition to not using his devil techniques, Sanji still has yet to show any of his Okama recipes. So Sanji is even stronger than presently shown

Beata

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If all the speculation about Sanji's abilities turns out to be true, i'd say he would of won, but that's all it is, speculation. From the fight itself Vergo definitely had the advantage. From what I recall of Vergo he seems to take hits all the time to the point it could be considered 'in character' for him to do so, so i'm unsure as to how that gave Sanji a clear fighting edge in the first place. After Vergo got up and started fighting properly it was evident that Sanji was on the back foot, and Vergo was about to finish him, if not inflict some nasty damage before the fight ended.

Also, the first kick Sanji landed took Vergo by surprise, and the second one landed because he clearly was underestimating Sanji. When Vergo took the threat seriously, Sanji was pushed onto the back foot, and remember, this is without Vergo using Haki.

Loading Video...

I'll leave this here for reference.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@just_banter: Speculation? Not really. Sanji held the upperhand in that bout despite the injuries he had endured previously without using Hell Memories. That was plainly seen. Vergo literally didn't hit Sanji aside from the leg crack, and even then, Sanji was keeping up with him just fine. So how was Vergo about to finish him? Sanji was matching him blow for blow. That last haki imbued fist definitely wouldn't have finished Sanji even if it had hit him. And again, in a desperate situation, why would Sanji refrain from using his heated kicks?

They both underestimated each other a great deal. After Sanji took note of his strength, he was kicking him just fine without further damage to his legs. Vergo didn't use any Haki, but sanji didn't use any of his haki either. And aside 1 Jambei stuck to regular kicks.

Vergo was given reasonable trouble by Smoker for crying out loud. Freaking Smoker. And Vergo used Haki there.

Beata

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: I agree with everything you said however, Vergo having trouble with Smoker is nothing bad, I don't know why you think he's weak?

Avatar image for royrodgersmcfreely
RoyRodgersMcFreely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanji would've won hard diff.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Blackfoot ftw

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanji was injured before that fight.

Also Sanji was faster than Vergo.

Vergo failed to land a single shot on Sanji, every strike from Vergo was either blocked or dodged, while at the same time Sanji landed 2 decent kicks.

It's definitely possible for Sanji to win against Vergo, but I would still give 6/10 for Vergo.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: He has lost every fight he was in since the timeskip. Haki has made his DF extremely ineffective, not to mention it's low attack power.

Beata

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: My point is he's obviously weaker than Sanji, and him going all out put Vergo in a pretty tight spot.

Beata

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: Oh my bad, but I do think Sanji is more powerful than Vergo. We will see that soon when he actually goes all out in the new world.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

IIRC, Sanji's leg was starting to break when he blocked one of Vergo's kick.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@thevivas: Yes. But he continued using the leg afterwards.

Beata

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: It's still never a good thing when your leg starts to break when you only use your legs in a fight, though.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

IIRC, Sanji's leg was starting to break when he blocked one of Vergo's kick.

I broke a foot in a street fight. I still won that fight.

oopsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he would have won, I'm waiting to see if he can use armament Haki, and use the recipes of the okama island.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he'd a lost badly.

First surprise kick sent Vergo flying. Good for him.

Vergo then arises to show he was unscathed and unphased by the attack.

Next Vergo, didn't even attack Sanji. Sanji's leg shattered upon contact with Vergo's body. Vergo who wasn't even making an attempt to kill Sanji, and yes we've seen what it looks like when Vergo actually attempts to kill or damage(Law/Smoker)

Sanji didn't even fight a Vergo that was using Haki.

As for the smoker case. Vergo did state that Smoker was being reckless and only allowing him a larger target to attack by increasing his smokes volume.

Which was then explained that Smoker wasn't trying to beat Vergo, only get laws heart back while distracting him. Thus I don't consider that a real loss.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: People have comeback from much worse in OP fights.

Beata

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: being sent flying by a sneak attack isn't impressive. Especially if it's Sanji. Now being unphased is impressive and yes he was unphased by it.

Vergo casually and barely attacked Sanji. A single instance is what you're considering a full frontal???

Lol.

Sanji's lef was shattered. Looking at the picture showed that. You got to a hospital with a leg like that, they'll tell you it's shattered. In the army medics will tell you it's shattered. Sanji is just superhuman and that's why he was able to brush it off the way he did. A normal man would've been down and out.

The point of Haki is that Sanji shattered his leg kicking Vergo. Vergo w/o Haki.

Vergo who's demonstrated a far superior control of armed Haki than Sanji, who Oda himself said has better control of observation Haki.

Sanji likely wouldn't even have dent a serious Vergo. The one that actually attacked. The one Smoker and Law faced.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@nite_nite: My comment was deleted, but i'm glad you got it.

No he wasn't. Again being unphased would imply that Sanji's kicks had little to no effect. Vergo was swept of his feat by both kicks, and even had slight bruising on his face as well as blood coming out of his nose and Mouth.

He was still attacking him. And you seem to imply that Vergo simply blocking was too much for Sanji, and yet, Sanji countered his attacks while using the leg he cracked.

It wasn't shattered. Not even close. The definition of the world shattered is "to be broken into many pieces" which it clearly wasn't. It just had cracks developing. If his leg had shattered he wouldn't have been able to continue fighting.

You're argument is obviously clinging to that leg crack. But like i said against the other guy, Sanji underestimated him. The leg crack was just to show that, because once Sanji took note of his strength, he had no issues with either of his legs. You also have to account that Sanji's body had been put through alot of damage shortly before.

We saw allout Vergo. And he didn't do anything to imply he was leagues above Sanji.

Beata

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nite_Nite

@spidey_jackson:

Swept off feet by a surprise attack. You're giving too much credit to that surprise attack. He was unphased by it. He was so casual about the situation after that. That's literally what the manga and sanji's thoughts show during that short scuffle.

Vergo barely attacked Sanji. Funny thing is Vergo had his gaurd down and walked out Sanji's sneak attack unphased. Sanji went on assault and shattered his leg. Vergo was barely moving to counter Sanji's kicks.

Sanji enduring the pain from an already shattered leg, isn't a negative towards Vergo. Sanji is superhuman. Vergo didn't assault Sanji. He just wanted him out the way. That whole encounter was a mere annoyance to Vergo. His speech after the ordeal and Sanji's thoughts during the ordeal as well as on panel make this clear.

Sanji wasby nearly as hurt as you're making it out to be. Most of the SH were a little roughed up. That's it.

Vergo already made light of Sanji, then actually assaulted Law and Smoker.

He is above Sanji on that ladder.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@nite_nite: He looked casual( To be honest he always looks like that. He had the same expression on his face when law cut him in half), but he still had bruising and blood coming out of his face in addition to being knocked back. And yet you're still gonna argue that he was completely unphased? Ridiculous. But there's no point in arguing on this point any further.

I think you're trolling me here. But i'll explain once more to you for peace of mind. Vergo. Did. Not. Shatter. Sanji's. Leg. He cracked it. And once Sanji put his guard up, Vergo couldn't manage to damage Sanji further.

The only thing clear here is that you're lowballing Sanji to the max. Despite the fact that Vergo landed ZERO hits on Sanji who was gravely injured and refrained from using any of his special abilities, you're saying he stomped him? I give up.

Nami said that the only reason She survived was because Sanji's body was super human. So yes. Sanji experienced enough trauma to kill a regular human. Hardly just a dust up. Why do you like minimize and and overexaggerate these things so much?

He was given trouble by SMOKER. And then went onto to get creamed by Law. So what's your point?

Beata

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson:

Trolling? Could say I feel the same but I'm not petty.

His look when cut in half was a "wtf happened" look. He was unphased by Sanji's attack. Sanji's leg was shattered/cracked/whatever terminology will help you sleep at night. He was barely fighting Sanji, and was careless about it the whole time.

Personal belief is that Sanji's Flaming techniques are Haki related but that's for later.

Sanji only used serious hard boiled techniques until he was in cqc with a nonchalant Vergo. Where he didn't have time to; he was on the defensive end b

His facial expressions gave away the danger he was up against.

He then thinks about how it'd took a turn for the worse had it continued, which only stopped because Vergo had more important issues to handle. He literally up and walked out of combat with Sanji, who couldn't stop him.

Smoker is above Sanji so that's not important. Sanji will always be able to survive things life threatening to Nami. However we saw what Nami in his body had to deal with and it wasn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Law would've done the same to Sanji. Smoker would've beaten Sanji. Smoker wasn't trying to beat Vergo, he only wanted Law's heart back. I've stated that. The manga itself stated that.

Vergo severely underestimated Law which is why he got beat. He assumed Law didn't have Haki potent enough to supersede his own; and went head-on into Law's attack. Learn the difference in scenarios.

But I digress. Just leave it alone. I'm taking the manga at face value no personal opinions when it comes to it. There's no need to keep going in circles with you

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: being sent flying by a sneak attack isn't impressive. Especially if it's Sanji. Now being unphased is impressive and yes he was unphased by it.

Vergo casually and barely attacked Sanji. A single instance is what you're considering a full frontal???

Lol.

Sanji's lef was shattered. Looking at the picture showed that. You got to a hospital with a leg like that, they'll tell you it's shattered. In the army medics will tell you it's shattered. Sanji is just superhuman and that's why he was able to brush it off the way he did. A normal man would've been down and out.

The point of Haki is that Sanji shattered his leg kicking Vergo. Vergo w/o Haki.

Vergo who's demonstrated a far superior control of armed Haki than Sanji, who Oda himself said has better control of observation Haki.

Sanji likely wouldn't even have dent a serious Vergo. The one that actually attacked. The one Smoker and Law faced.

Sanji's leg was shattered? No matter how superhuman you are, a shattered leg will not support weight, and it will not stay rigid to run on, let alone kick people. Your argument is stupid af

sanji would have won almost unquestionably. Vergo is weak af, and we know sanji had armament haki, luffy said as much when Law asked who Luffy had who can use haki (to fight CC, it would have to be armament, otherwise you could not touch him)

Avatar image for miguelcervantes
MiguelCervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think so.

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers