Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

this was just a simple thought so just let me know what you guys think :)

#1 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

will never know.

I saw Battleship she was average. Not bad but nothing special in terms of acting chops.

#2 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just because Rihanna is brown skinned doesn't mean she is able to act well enough to pull of the lines that Storm would be expected to say in this movie (unless they drastically re-work the script to make Storm a pretty face with no emotional gravitas whatsoever). Keep in mind that if the script is accurate to the story and taking into account that the lineup currently assembled suggests that she won't be on the team in the present day, Storm may possibly only appear in the scenes taking place in the future and would be older.

#3 Edited by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

well thats interesting i'll keep that in mind

also i was wondering , why dont they have halle wear blue contacts to make her look more like storm ?

#4 Posted by New_World_Order (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't put it past her.

#5 Edited by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

She's fugly!

Hell no! Stay away.

#6 Edited by BR_Havoc (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say No on this one Rihanna can't act and I really would never want to see a girl I can't stand be Storm.

#7 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I would prefer an actress who is a bit more accomplished, like Zoe Saldana.

#8 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

H** no! Definitely not ever.

#9 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I could actually see her play Storm if they were to go down the Ultimate route - and have Storm as a more spunky teen as opposed to 616's Kenyan goddess. But I don't think Rihanna has the figure or the presence to play 616 Storm though.

#10 Posted by Pokeysteve (8093 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm isn't annoying...

#11 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoe Saldana would be better

#12 Posted by captainsaul (140 posts) - - Show Bio

No way, if so that would be another terrible casted superhero movie.

#13 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!!!! We agree!!!!!! :-)

#14 Posted by JediXMan (29666 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

... no.

#15 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

i think she could pull off storm looks wise, shes definitely beautiful, but everything else is a no.

Beauty alone doesn't cut it in superhero movies *cough*januaryjones*cough*

#16 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@knightrise said:

While I wouldn't have before, I would back this casting if Halle had refused.

#17 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

No, acting-wise and look-wise.

Well at least we know she can take on a punch so there'd be a lower budget needed for her stunt woman.

#18 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (517 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Gugu Mbatha-Raw instead? She's the most attractive black actress I can think of off the top of my head.

#19 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@rideaspacecowboy: yes ive just looked at some photos of her , she really is beautiful ... also im thinking arent there any black actresses with naturally blue eyes that could play storm in any future movies?

#20 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Angela Basset is the only person I can picture playing Storm. Or at least an older version of her. As far as early 20's early 30's Storm, I'd go with Naomie Harris.

@stormchild1997 said:

@rideaspacecowboy: yes ive just looked at some photos of her , she really is beautiful ... also im thinking arent there any black actresses with naturally blue eyes that could play storm in any future movies?

No actress has to have naturally blue eyes to play Storm, IMO. Colored contacts will due just fine :P

#21 Posted by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I could actually see her play Storm if they were to go down the Ultimate route - and have Storm as a more spunky teen as opposed to 616's Kenyan goddess. But I don't think Rihanna has the figure or the presence to play 616 Storm though.

Pretty much this.

How about Gugu Mbatha-Raw instead? She's the most attractive black actress I can think of off the top of my head.

Not sure about her as she is a little young. Also, I've not seen anything she's been in to vouch for her acting prowess. I'd nominate Jada Pinkett Smith for the role or even Kerry Washington.

#22 Edited by russellmania77 (14609 posts) - - Show Bio

well atleast she has an accent unlike talentless halleberry

#23 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks for the answere guys .. so how would she do in terms of looks ? i have a photo i did where i gave her white hair and blue eyes i'll post it just give me your honest opinion

#25 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just no

#26 Posted by Jean199999 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of graduates from acting school that could actually pull this off (looks/acting wise) and the studio choose some singer over an actress. Just NO. I hate that when they get all the roles...

#27 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

She has the accent for a traditional Storm role but no.

#28 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@knightrise said:

While I wouldn't have before, I would back this casting if Halle had refused.

I think Zoe could definitely play a good Storm, at least a younger Storm.

No, acting-wise and look-wise.

Well at least we know she can take on a punch so there'd be a lower budget needed for her stunt woman.

LOL. That's wrong, you should feel bad. And I should too, for laughing. ;-)

#29 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11130 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a chance in the 616 Universe. But someone did mention an Ultimate Storm, which I could agree on to an extent.

#30 Posted by Auralaria (479 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she has the presence.

#31 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@queso6p4 said:
@rideaspacecowboy said:

Not sure about her as she is a little young. Also, I've not seen anything she's been in to vouch for her acting prowess.

Gugu is 30 years old; how is she too young? If anything she has the opposite problem going against her. We fan boys aren't grave robbers after all.

#32 Edited by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@queso6p4 said:
@rideaspacecowboy said:

Not sure about her as she is a little young. Also, I've not seen anything she's been in to vouch for her acting prowess.

Gugu is 30 years old; how is she too young? If anything she has the opposite problem going against her. We fan boys aren't grave robbers after all.

I'll give you that she's not too young age wise, but ideally I'd like to see someone who's in their mid 30's- early 40's do Storm. The bigger question is does she have stage presence?

#33 Edited by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

No. You need some presence. Someone tall and Amazonian should rock the role.

#34 Posted by God_Spawn (37371 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh dear God no. Let me vomit first.

#35 Edited by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

How I love my baby Rihanna.. I do, but that forehead on her just won't cut it.. Lmao I kid ! But really.. No! That role is not for her ! If she were cast, it'd just be a money grab casting trying to pull in her fans !

#36 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

She was terrible in Battleship so no.

#37 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

No. You need some presence. Someone tall and Amazonian should rock the role.

#38 Edited by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

She sucked in Battleship and would suck in any other film role besides a prop.

#39 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

looool thanks guys nice metting you all btw , but it was just a question so thanks for the answers :)

#40 Edited by RazzaTazz (9481 posts) - - Show Bio

She was ... ok ... in Battleship. I don't think it would work out well for her.

#41 Posted by Jamm313 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should reboot the X-Men movies with a new cast and for Storm I would suggest Garcelle Beauvais from the Jaime Foxx show. She kinda has the look and tone and is very pretty and i think she would fit the role perfectly.

#42 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10376 posts) - - Show Bio

Rihanna doesn't really scream...African Goddess to me

#43 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@jamm313: yesssssssssssss garcelle totally beautiful works for me !

#44 Posted by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#45 Posted by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't picture her playing storm