Could Nightwing beat the Justice League?

• 65 results
Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By FuzzyLittleRodent
No Caption Provided

In Grayson #8 D*ck Grayson (formerly known as Nightwing) demonstrated extensive knowledge of the members of the Justice League, including each individual's weaknesses and how to exploit them. Does that mean that Batman's former protegee is capable of soloing the JL just like his "old man"?

Praise the Chew!

I'm surprised how many people actually took the bait

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been waiting for this thread to appear since I read Best Stuff in New Comics earlier and the answer is simply no. He didn't list a weakness for Superman, he just stated how long his breath attack would take to incapacitate him which has no bearing when Supes could just speedblitz him, same with Wonder Woman and Shazam. Aquaman could just punch him or sweep him with the trident and is much faster and thus Nightwing wouldn't be able to react. Also is he implying he is going to make Flash punch himself? SMH

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he could but I think if ever was it would've happened by now.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SodamYat

lol, no.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: He could? What? How? How can he beat a team of people when most of them move faster than he can think?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By youknowwhattodo

No, because all that knowledge did for the most part was buy him time, the only reasons why he beat Paragon were

1) The 4 thirsty assassins-in-training distracted Paragon which saved Jim & Juan and gave them enough time to grab a weapon

AND

2) Paragon was incomplete as it lacked the "heart of Wonder Woman" which was the real weakness of the android/cyborg/whatever because once Dick found that out, he shot Paragon in the chest and gained the victory.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. We don't know how strong paragon was, he could of have their abilities but not the same level of power.

damage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By damage32

@sodamyat said:

lol, no.

It's the JL he would have to face off against many heroes including (just to name a few) Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, Hawkman, Wonder woman, Captain Atom, a handful of Green lanterns and many more

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SurfingtheHighway

@tikhunt said:

@benk111: He could? What? How? How can he beat a team of people when most of them move faster than he can think?

The same goes for Batman, then, yet he achieved it. It's comic-book logic.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

batman is a normal human on the justice league as well as green arrow and arsenal. the avengers have hawkeye, black widow, mocking bird and others.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That part about Supermans freeze breathe pi**ed me off too. It doesnt take no dam* 4 seconds. Theres been so many times he's done it instantly.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damage32 said:

@sodamyat said:

lol, no.

It's the JL he would have to face off against many heroes including (just to name a few) Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, Hawkman, Wonder woman, Captain Atom, a handful of Green lanterns and many more

...Why are you telling me this? whats your point?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111 said:

@tikhunt said:

batman is a normal human on the justice league as well as green arrow and arsenal. the avengers have hawkeye, black widow, mocking bird and others.

First of all Batman being on the Justice League has no bearing.

Green Arrow and Arsenal are on their own teams.

Who the Avengers have on their team has no bearing.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same goes for Batman, then, yet he achieved it. It's comic-book logic.

Batman gets a pass solely because the argument is done to death and I'm not arguing it again.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

@benk111 said:

@tikhunt said:

First of all Batman being on the Justice League has no bearing.

Green Arrow and Arsenal are on their own teams.

Who the Avengers have on their team has no bearing.

it's comic logic and more realistic than aliens, magic, alternate universes and demolitions.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: You're making points that have no bearing on what I am saying or towards the point at hand.

If you want me to simplify the reason why he can't beat the Justice League it is because he has no feats which suggest he can.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash part made no sense.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: I'm going to get so close to him he's gonna start punching himself in the face, yeah that will work.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

@benk111: You're making points that have no bearing on what I am saying or towards the point at hand.

If you want me to simplify the reason why he can't beat the Justice League it is because he has no feats which suggest he can.

he has defeated many batman villains and was trained by batman as well as leading the teen titans, the outsiders and the titans. he has defeated brother blood, trigon and others and has displayed skills in tactition which is why batman has use on the team.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21 dernman  Online
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah he could. Its not impossible to do. Batman has done it. Joker has done it. Dick can too.

damage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat:

Sorry I thought quoting people was for like agreeing or disagreeing and I agreed and I added to what you I wasn't necessarily trying to tell you I was just agreeing sorry. I guess I don't exactly know how things work here...sorry

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damage32 said:

@sodamyat:

Sorry I thought quoting people was for like agreeing or disagreeing and I agreed and I added to what you I wasn't necessarily trying to tell you I was just agreeing sorry. I guess I don't exactly know how things work here...sorry

no problem man.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman said:

The Flash part made no sense.

The flash part didnt make sense, the supermans freeze breath was a lie, martian manhunters telepathy thing was a huge load of crap, the whole thing was just some of the biggest WIS ever lol.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: Unfortunately while very impressive feats in their own right they aren't enough to put him up against the Justice League. Honestly I really like Nightwing and I think making him Batman 2.0 takes away from his character as he is one of the more grounded characters and it works for him. Having him outclass a team of God's is not a good direction for him and it's the point where Batman went a bit too far on the believability scale.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt: fine well dick greyson was in the league as batman and did fine also trigon is powerful enough to face the justice league. plus if hawkeye, green arrow and batman can walk among godly characters than so can nightwing.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: I don't remember him soloing Trigon in a physical confrontation which is what the scans are implying. Also standing among Gods is a much different thing to beating Gods.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LenSnart

@jayc1324 said:

Yeah he could. Its not impossible to do. Batman has done it. Joker has done it. Dick can too.

Ehh No offence but that's kind of a stretch, Batman has done it because he's a freaking prep god, when Joker did it he was amped if I'm, not mistaken. As far as I'm aware Dick hasn't any strategic or prep feats to suggest he can take on the jl

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lensnart said:

@jayc1324 said:

Ehh No offence but that's kind of a stretch, Batman has done it because he's a freaking prep god, when Joker did it he was prepped if I', not mistaken. As far as I'm aware Dick hasn't any strategic or prep feats to suggest he can take on the jl

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

@benk111: I don't remember him soloing Trigon in a physical confrontation which is what the scans are implying. Also standing among Gods is a much different thing to beating Gods.

he did it as part of a team leading them which in my opinion as proving himself as a great hero, tactician and leader that has made a name for him self with mutable solo titles being able to walk away from a fight with deathstroke makes him worth a low level member of the team. also he works well with batman.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

also that was an amazo android not trigon

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: You seem to think I'm arguing that he shouldn't be on the Justice League. HE IS A GREAT HERO WHO DESERVES HIS SPOT AMONG THE BEST BUT HE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BEAT THE JUSTICE LEAGUE. Does that make my stance clear?

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash part made no sense lol

Supes thing was total BS

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Benk111

@tikhunt said:

@benk111: You seem to think I'm arguing that he shouldn't be on the Justice League. HE IS A GREAT HERO WHO DESERVES HIS SPOT AMONG THE BEST BUT HE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BEAT THE JUSTICE LEAGUE. Does that make my stance clear?

oh well yes well he couldn't beat the justice leauge plus in the issue the robot didn't fly or have wonderwomen's strength or supermans.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: Ok thank you I wasn't trying to lowball the character but honestly, would you want him to be able to beat them? I think it takes away his believable humanity if he can.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Arale can do that and beat Darkseid.
Only Arale can do that and beat Darkseid.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah those "methods" of defeating members of the JL were pretty far-fetched

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@tikhunt said:

I've been waiting for this thread to appear since I read Best Stuff in New Comics earlier and the answer is simply no. He didn't list a weakness for Superman, he just stated how long his breath attack would take to incapacitate him which has no bearing when Supes could just speedblitz him, same with Wonder Woman and Shazam. Aquaman could just punch him or sweep him with the trident and is much faster and thus Nightwing wouldn't be able to react. Also is he implying he is going to make Flash punch himself? SMH

This

The notion that Nightwing of all people would be able to compete with any of the Big 7 (with the exception of Batman who trained him and is human) is laughable.

For example he mentions that Aquaman has perfect aim. What is he gonna do when AQ blitzes him and knocks him out before he can react with his human physicals? Or faster characters like Superman and the Flash?

The answer is he is gonna do exactly nothing, because he can't do anything to defend against attacks that are to fast and to strong for him to even perceive before they happen.

Nightwing is probably elite street level when it comes to DC, but he still doesn't have Batman's suit and tech or skills and intelligence. So no Justice Buster or some other preparation BS for him.

The only way Nightwing could do anything would be with the Justice Buster, but he would have to ask Batman to give it to him, in which case it becomes Batman's feat and not Nightwing's.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no and neither can Bats. The writer loves Dick, first he beats Midnighter and last 10 days in the desert now he's beating Bot with JLA powers.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No, but he does have the idea though.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, he stomps. In all seriousness, Dick beat a robot with limited knowledge on the League's powers that had a huge weakness. I don't see him beating the Big 7 without a sh!t ton of help/prep.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon said:

Hell no and neither can Bats. The writer loves Dick, first he beats Midnighter and last 10 days in the desert now he's beating Bot with JLA powers.

It's nice to see writers actually try and build Dick Grayson into something relevant. With the exception of Morrison's Batman & Robin, Dick Grayson comics were either rehashing previous Nightwing stories or just tearing him down.

Sure some of the feats in Grayson are a little over-the-top, but at least he's growing into something.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He can if the writer says he can. If I was writing, no he wouldn't be able to. Neither would Bats..heck, neither would Superman.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Grayson is just not a well written comic.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: wanking is not building. The books cool but some of the stuff he's doing is crazy.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With plot, any fodder could.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Looney Tune...I mean the DC Universe...anything can happen.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@wavemotioncannon said:

@youknowwhattodo: wanking is not building. The books cool but some of the stuff he's doing is crazy.

I don't think it's that black and white. While character wanking is annoying, one can't deny that it adds to the character.

I do think that people are overreacting to this, Dick took on a dollar-store version of Amazo who had no feats and used his knowledge of the JL to avoid the attacks. He had to be saved by a group of assassin girls and the knowledge that Paragon's main weakness was that it was incomplete and any significant attack to the chest will incapacitate the android. This is not on the level of Batman: Endgame. He didn't punch Wonder Woman's face in, nor did he wrap Aquaman in some weird device, he just countered some attacks.

I can understand the criticisms of his battle with Midnighter, but I think people are overreacting here.

ThanosRulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightwing is just a pis machine like batman. if he dont have the pis then he wont beat anybody. now if this was reed or doom or thanos or black panther i would say yes cause they are legit geniuses