#1 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so Dexter realizes that he needs to triumph over someone of Joker's status, so he decides to take a trip to Gotham to settle this since Batman never will. With Dexter having 1 year of prep, and for the last month Joker knows someone is coming but he doesnt know who, could Dexter take him down? Could all of Dexter's forensics resources and knowledge and predator skills be enough to make Joker apart of his ultimate collection? Now remember Dexter has taken down some pretty impossible figures, (Russian assassins, Defense Attorneys, etc). I know Joker is, well, Joker, but I am also giving Dexter any files Batman has on Joker to help with his prep.

If Dexter can't complete this with the situation I have given, what would it take for Dexter to take Joker down?

#2 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter can hunt down anyone at anytime!

#3 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: thats what I'm saying! But i wanted to see what people would say considering i'm extremely biased towards Dexter haha

#4 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he could.

#5 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrickborkland: Yea, I'm biased too, lol. I just can't enough of that show. Too bad this is the last season :(

#6 Edited by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: If the show doesn't have an awesome last episode I am going to be extremely angry lol

BUT come on no one is gonna favor in the clown prince of crime on this one????

#7 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Hunt down? Yes. Kill? Not a chance. Dexter may be clever, deadly and all that other good sh#t...but hes no match for The Joker. When Batman has to tell himself "Look into his eyes and tell yourself...hes just a man"...you know Dexter is S.O.L.

#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8733 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea that Dexter can defeat Joker let alone kill him is ridiculous.

#9 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, Dexter could hunt down and kill Batman, let alone Joker. He is one of, if not the, greatest detective mind in pop culture. He would not only survive but THRIVE in the DC Universe.

#10 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea that Joker can defeat Dexter let alone kill him is ridiculous.

#11 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8733 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, Dexter could hunt down and kill Batman, let alone Joker. He is one of, if not the, greatest detective mind in pop culture. He would not only survive but THRIVE in the DC Universe.

Eh no, there are dozens of detectives better the Dexter. And if you think he can also defeat batman you are delusional.

#12 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@frankenkong: even with the prep?? Batman has had plenty of chances to do it (but obviously he won't) and I think dexter has the same capability to hunt him down in a situation and kill him. Idk I just think with the prep and all, Dexter's feats are endless and most of them are on the spot without prep

#14 Posted by chem86 (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally

#15 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@chem86: If what you both say is true then by all means Sherlock Holmes (not the Robert Downey Jr version) can hunt down and would apprehend Dexter without a problem since he is the godfather of all detectives.

@patrickborkland:A year of prep means nothing when your dealing with someone has unstable, unpredictable and unstoppable as The Joker.

#16 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14998 posts) - - Show Bio

An emphatic yes.

#17 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@frankenkong: But Dexter has hunted various types of psychopaths and sociopaths, not to mention he is one himself. I know Batman has an endless amount of training and knowledge of how to track down the joker, but Dexter has similar knowledge (similar, not equivalent) and to top it off he is a psychopath himself so he can relate to the lack of empathy and other traits. Not to mention his resources and knowledge he's gained from working within Miami Metro. I'm not sure about be able to KILL joker (I have yet to see an argument to favor me either way), but I do believe the year of prep is enough to at least track down and hunt Joker

#18 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: I don't have time for this nonsense! >.<

#20 Posted by lightsout (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

A year of prep means nothing when your dealing with someone has unstable, unpredictable and unstoppable as The Joker.

Very good point. Joker's mind is so unpredictable that Midnighter's ability to "read" an opponent's physical intentions in a fight (& therefor whoop up on them more easily) was not even able to predict any action of Joker's. (That cross-over probably wasn't canon, but is still a good illustration of the point).

#21 Edited by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: I see exactly what you're saying, but do you think its possible for Dexter to relate to Joker in some SMALL way? Yes Batman is the greatest Detective, however he constantly forces himself to believe that Joker can be saved or that he is just a man. This proves that Batman cannot relate to Joker's mind but he still is able to track down Joker. But what I'm proposing is that Dexter, on some level, can predict certain aspects of Joker's psychopathic mind and still apply his Detective skills on top of that. I could be wrong I'm open to other opinions but I see this as a possibility

#22 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5781 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Dernman (14712 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we talking about the TV series or the books? I don't know anything about the books but I definitely know the tv series Dexter as much of a fan I am of the character there is no way he is coming out on top.

#25 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldn't know. i don't watch dexter. :|

#26 Posted by lightsout (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrickborkland: I'm not an expert either (ie: I'm not trying to say "well you obviously aren't an expert on mental health issues"), but serial killers (Dexter, Joker, many of Bats' other villains) don't all have the same mental illness. Just because they are both killers doesn't mean they're being motivated by the same thing. I'm not sure what real-world "condition" Joker would be classified as having, but just judging from the way he's portrayed it's like it's a made up one. That he almost has a super-power of being unpredictable. ("He's sooooo crazy, you just can't"). Hugo Strange is psycho & also a very smart profiler, but I doubt it would help him much when dealing with Joker.

#27 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter

#28 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrickborkland: " but I do believe the year of prep is enough to at least track down and hunt Joker". I will give you that. Dexter can track and hunt him with a good amount of prep. The only reason Batman can do it faster and with less prep is because him and Joker have done the dance soo many times but even then it gives bats a few headaches. Other detectives in the DCU (Crimson Avenger, Doctor Midnight ect.) would need a good amount of prep like Dexter to track and hunt the Joker successfully. The only other detective I think would do the job alittle faster than Dexter would be The Question (Vic Sage)...because we all know hes alittle...unhinged.

#29 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

lol, this is joke, right?

Dexter would need like 5 years of prep and access to all the tech of the JLA to even come close to the Joker.

#30 Posted by JediXMan (29479 posts) - - Show Bio

Not happening. Dexter can't hang with comic book characters; simple as that. He loses - badly.

#31 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Dexter but I don't think he could do it. When Joker doesn't want to be found then no one can find him. During Joker's "time off periods" or whatever you want to call them, even Batman has no clue where he is at. Dexter knows how to hunt people because he can predict them based on their actions and personalities. Joker is unpredictable in almost a supernatural way.

#32 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8733 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Not happening. Dexter can't hang with comic book characters; simple as that. He loses - badly.

#33 Edited by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@frankenkong: well then if he can track him why couldn't he finish the job somehow? Dexter's whole strategy is to track, watch and observe then infiltrate when he believa it's read

#34 Edited by MaccyD (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

What comic book fans need to realize that no-one is invincible and everyone is flawed,there's always a chance that either Dexter/Batman/Joker could be defeated they are not gods

(Starting to sound like David Graves now :P)

#35 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (15983 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#36 Edited by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: I agree 100% and with that in mind: if Dexter had this prep and all, would it be enough to take down the joker? Because people here automatically think Joker can't be defeated period and I'm not saying that's wrong, I just want to see if its possible

#37 Edited by lifeofvibe (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrickborkland: hunt him down and find him yes but kill him no...

p.s look up the jokers profile page on comicvine the joker and then look at ability part and the joker...has powers

#38 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: No he's not, so what so are all of Batman's villains just about, um no, you are kidding right?

#39 Posted by XLR87T3 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker's far too manic to prepare against...Batman knows this well enough.

#40 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

I envision Joker talking Dexter out of killing him and joining him, Dexter becomes the killer known as Dark Passenger! :)

#41 Posted by bunt947 (374 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could do it

#42 Posted by Bruxae (12533 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres not even a remote chance.

#43 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5985 posts) - - Show Bio

nope. Dexter has been slippin' this season. He is acting all stupid.

#45 Edited by Exia009 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Dexter has been on a decline pretty much since season 1 because he was virtually "perfect" before then, it's when you factor in emotions and other oddities is when his perfection begins to crumble. Of course, it wouldn't make for a good show if Dexter really was perfect. lol

Dexter could pull it off. If Joker doesn't prep against him, there's not much he would be able to do. I'm sure he doesn't have a countermeasure for getting M99'd, just like he doesn't actively have a countermeasure for anything else.

#46 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5985 posts) - - Show Bio

@exia009 said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

Yeah, Dexter has been on a decline pretty much since season 1 because he was virtually "perfect" before then, it's when you factor in emotions and other oddities is when his perfection begins to crumble. Of course, it wouldn't make for a good show if Dexter really was perfect. lol

Dexter could pull it off. If Joker doesn't prep against him, there's not much he would be able to do. I'm sure he doesn't have a countermeasure for getting M99'd, just like he doesn't actively have a countermeasure for anything else.

yea, pretty much. Season 1 Dexter could take out Joker.

#47 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@exia009: Joker would be quite immune to M99 and since you don't know that, Dexter won't.

This is suggesting that Dexter even gets close.